What are your reasons to OC?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rebelray84

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Amite,LA
    Comfort and convience. Simple as that. Pick up gun belt. Swing it on and snap buckle. Adjust were everything is and go. When I'm ready to take everything off just unbuckle gun belt, place it next to bed or car trunk or whereever, and move on whatever I'm doing.
    steveinyardfeb2011a.jpg

steveinyardfeb2011b.jpg

Radio and all............geez.I just hope you don't ever walk into a 64-G in progress wearing that.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Because we need to reverse decades of stupid "political correctness" and re-establish our Constitutional rights in the minds of the American Public !

Because it is our most important Civil Right !

Because our governments can't revoke our permits for it !

Because it is a big part of our American History and our unique culture !

leVieux

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    If I carry openly (other than "off road") it's usually because I started out carrying concealed and had to take off my "cover garment" for some reason.

Example: Saturday, on our way home from setting out a hog trap, I was on the side of Joor Rd. changing a flat tire, while openly wearing my 5 1/2" SAA .357 mag in a Mernickle High-Rise on my pants belt. Nobody fussed.

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    Because it is easier to draw from OC while on the tractor or four wheeler, which is about the only time I OC. Besides, have you ever tried to CC a GP100 with a 6" BBL? That is my 'woods pistol' that I carry for coyote, hog, armadillo, and bobcat encounters. I sometimes OC when we ride the trails at the Kisatchie National Forest because it is more comfortable to shift around with the gun OWB.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    I used to be like Yale.

Hell, even up to as recent as a week ago, I got into a little back-and-forth discussion with NOLACOPUSMC in the Open-Carry-AK47 thread about that jackoff slapping the cops in the face (figuratively) where I was defending OCarry and ... I'll be honest, I wasn't all that into it then. I was mostly parroting what I had said before in other places or to other people.

In the past number of months, I've given less and less of a **** about open carry and changing peoples minds. Why? Just read what pangris said. The man's right, I think. I'm starting to care less and less.

I've had a few people get educated because they see my gun, ask me a few questions, and I get to tell them "Yes, indeed, it is legal" and "No, in fact, I don't have to register the pistol" and that "Yep, anyone who can legally buy a gun from a dealer can carry it on their hip, openly. There are extensive background checks and State approval that can be revoked at any time for CONCEALED carry, but not open carry."

You know what I got most out of it, though? The fear that my lessons to them merely enlightens them as to how good we have it already. For every person that was neutral or receptive to my explanations, I can't help but wonder how many thought "Dear God, there's no regulation of Open Carry of a gun? We can't have Wild Bill Hickocks just roaming around like that, I have to call my Congressman!"

So, like Paul's sayin... maybe -now- is not the time to rock the boat on the things we -do- have good?

Besides, believe it or not, the IWB tuckable holster is far more comfortable than even my custom made OWB holster. Hammer spur always catches on my forearm in my IWB. No scratching or jabbing, just enough to irritate me after a day of carry. Never got past it. My Comp-Tac MTAC hybrid IWB? like buttah, baby. BUTTAH! I know that a gun on the hip is supposed to be comfortING and not comfortABLE... but hey, I ended up with both in the MTAC/Minotaur, so I'm happy. Even if their mag holder sucks... :(

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    With everything in life, good judgement plays a slightly major role. OC is no different.

Just as I wouldn't bring a bullhorn to church, I wouldn't bring my side-strapped Redhawk to a symphony. :doh:

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I, for one, would welcome constitutional carry. However, If enough time goes by during which the average person does not see any other average person with a gun, then guns will again become the scary things that need to be outlawed - and you'd soon see a push to do just that.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I, for one, would welcome constitutional carry. However, If enough time goes by during which the average person does not see any other average person with a gun, then guns will again become the scary things that need to be outlawed - and you'd soon see a push to do just that.

and is why the cry wouldn't come to ban Open Carry, but 'CARRY' altogether.

There's no middle ground for the liberal left on the carrying of guns.
    Gun haters hate ALL guns, whether or NOT they see them.

Softening the expression of a freedom is not healthy for the freedom IMHO.

Free Men should not be hindered or hassled by ANYONE when doing something LAWFUL.

I just find it crappy that American's are hassled for doing something LAWFUL
    and are then questioned to great length
    as to why they are expressing that FREE/LAWFUL act.
    tsk.gif

I mean don't you find it odd that someone should care if a soccer mom doesn't support your expression of freedom? Should we allow scared people to dictate our lives?

From what I've seen in my short time on earth, only the GOOD folks BEND. Then what happens is we BEND right over and get screwed by the very folks we tried to yield too.

TOO MUCH TOLERANCE is dangerous. As if seeing what's happening today in America isn't evidence enough.

D

Last edited:
    Top Bottom