Wheel guns... An acquired taste?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Coincidentally, I just came across these spaghetti guns on reddit, and thought it'd fit here. They're quite different than some of the traditional fair, but I can kind of dig the modern mix.

http://www.olmiarmi.it/prodotti.php?idp=4&lingua=2
    660x330_963MF-4_base_DYN7.png

Those are interesting. Is anyone importing them?

Dave

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    I like both revolvers and pistols. I even have an unfired H&R 929 22lr revolver all the way up to a S&W 29-2 and lots in between of different manufacturers. My problem is I love all firearms and just keep looking to feed the addiction. Skiney, I do love Lacricia. Sure is "Purdy". The single action revolvers in 45 Colt are my downfall as well.

Thanks for the air time.

Thanks she's as sweet as Pralines:}

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Have loved them all, ever since I was a kid. Single action, double action revolvers , self-loaders , single shots...they are all good. For some reason I do like shooting revolvers, I guess the S&W are my "favorites" but they are like children...you have to love them ALL.

The only gun I didn't like was a Berretta Tomcat in 32 acp...it was a stinker..nothing like a Walther PPK in 32 acp. Traded that rascal in on a Smith & Wesson Airweight, took a nice loss and was glad to see it go.

Gary

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I love S&W. Hell I even love my more recent 29-10 that everyone hates on with the lock. I enjoy the quality level of smith's colts and rugers. I'm not a fan of Taurus revolvers just due to personal bad exp. I'll buy and sell glocks xd's or M&P's all day long but Once I get my hands on a nice revolver they never go anywhere. I hope my children enjoy them someday with their children on range trips. Quality revolvers have a real (pass it down) feel and sometimes look even better a little beat up.

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    as u can c from my "handle" I LOVE wheelguns. Best thing about a wheelgun is if you need to grab it in the dark of night it will always go bang without fiddling with a safety or wondering if a round is racked. Keep em loaded and keep em close. I just changed my bedside companion to my Smith 625-4 in .45 acp. With a full load and 2 full moon clips of Hydrashocks I feel all warm and fuzzy (and safe). Nothing against semi-autos (LOVE 1911s) in fact I just love most guns.
    PICT0020.jpg

Last edited:

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Here's my contribution.........

S&W mdl 60-1 adjustable sight "Target" model. A rare find indeed!

Attachments

• 20131120_170600.jpg
      20131120_170600.jpg
      224.2 KB · Views: 66
    • 20131120_170701.jpg
      20131120_170701.jpg
      228.4 KB · Views: 73
    Last edited:

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I love S&W. Hell I even love my more recent 29-10 that everyone hates on with the lock. I enjoy the quality level of smith's colts and rugers. I'm not a fan of Taurus revolvers just due to personal bad exp. I'll buy and sell glocks xd's or M&P's all day long but Once I get my hands on a nice revolver they never go anywhere. I hope my children enjoy them someday with their children on range trips. Quality revolvers have a real (pass it down) feel and sometimes look even better a little beat up.

I concur, sir......

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    Bought a revolver once just to try to get into them, ended up selling it. They look cool but they have no practical advantage over a semi-auto for me.

As much as it'll rustle some jimmies here I consider them all but obsolete.

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Bought a revolver once just to try to get into them, ended up selling it. They look cool but they have no practical advantage over a semi-auto for me.

As much as it'll rustle some jimmies here I consider them all but obsolete.

So you're about 25 years old? :)

Dave

dtrice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    Metarie, LA
    Different strokes for different folks. I love revolvers, although I only own 1. I'd love to have a ruger super red hawk alaskan one day, if they weren't so expensive.

thustead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    houma
    Love a revolver for its reliability, pull trigger gun goes bang every time, that is why one sits on my night stand in .357 dressed in Crimson Trace

Top Bottom