When SHTF, what will be your rifle of choice?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The last time it happened, I didn't have a rifle on me. :wtc:

shtf.png

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    I want all you guys who are going to carry gear + 2 rifles+ 2 types of ammo + mags to do something for me.

Go walk 10 miles with it.

i was thinking the same thing, its all well and good but then you realize all you have is those guns and ammo and you have to go find all that food, water, and medical supplies you may have opted out on due to ammo needs.......

if shtf, gun fights would be a pretty dangerous thing, its not like you would be going to state of the art medical facilites and getting patched up and taken care of, the medical system would become pretty crude. Those decked out for gunfights would have no choice but to get into gun fights as thats all the gear they got, they are gonna die first....

then summer happens and it gets more unpleasant.

i only rely on what i can carry

Wolfgang1952

LOCAL Fla. Par, Cha. Pres
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton La, USA
    I want all you guys who are going to carry gear + 2 rifles+ 2 types of ammo + mags to do something for me.

Go walk 10 miles with it.

The OP only asked what Rifles you would grab in a SHTF. I stated my FAL and my M4 with ammo Chest rig. That’s not all wed be taking. We be ridding, I am getting to dam old to carrying all that ****. The horses and mules would be carrying everything weed need. For one thing I don’t think weed leave hear anyway. We’ve got free water, compliments of a 150’ well with a good windmill to draw it with, a 32 volt generator attached to the gear box. And everything works fine.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    SHTF means so many things to so many people. For Katrina I had my shotgun for feral dogs or feral people and felt perfectly satisfied. If I'm walking I'm going light.

madppcs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Forest Hill
    I don't have much worry about having to hike unknown distances with a loadout. My family and property can easily be self sustaining. I have creeks that contain fish that are on my property. I can practically deer hunt with a pistol, there are plenty of small game. My property borders the Kisatche National Forest, and there is the old WW2 Camp Claiborne that's 5 mins from me. That would be an ideal (Bug Out) area. If I did ever have to leave as a last resort, I would still grab my M21 and give the wife the AR. The M21 is really an accurized M1a/M14 and is a very reliable weapon. The 308 caliber is capable of killing everything in the U.S. and I regularly shoot this rifle at 800yds. The wife will pack the AR for smaller game. Hostile encounters with other people would surely be avoided as much as absolutely possible. Its much easier to survive and/or treat wounds if you don't have them in the first place. As for my sidearm, I have a springfield XD in 45.

Gbav1

Concealed Carrier
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Marrero,La.
    kel-tec sub 2000 in 9mm, and g26. Two guns, 1 ammo. Want to be able to travel fast on foot.
    sub 2000 folds and fits in backpack.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    SHTF means so many things to so many people. For Katrina I had my shotgun for feral dogs or feral people and felt perfectly satisfied. If I'm walking I'm going light.

yeah ill take your shotgun too!

oh wait i did....one of them

gonna take my m1 garand still, got a ported gas plug so i can run modern loads. figure ill do this thing in style

dbradgriffith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    Waveland, MS
    I have a norinco paratrooper sks that would definitely be with me at all times. But the primary is the 11-87 with speedfeed tac stock and (hopefully by then) 2 round mag tube extension. Sorry, but if the S has really HTF, I won't be wasting my time aiming. I will be slinging walls of lead at whatever threatens my family's safety. My wife will be right behind me with the Winchester defender. Needless to say, we won't be going down quietly.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I have a norinco paratrooper sks that would definitely be with me at all times. But the primary is the 11-87 with speedfeed tac stock and (hopefully by then) 2 round mag tube extension. Sorry, but if the S has really HTF, I won't be wasting my time aiming. I will be slinging walls of lead at whatever threatens my family's safety. My wife will be right behind me with the Winchester defender. Needless to say, we won't be going down quietly.

But if you don't aim, you WILL go down quickly!!!!!

Shotguns are not magic wands... You still need to aim

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Like mentioned above, I suppose a lot would depend on what degree of SHTF we'd be talking about.

I have a few options available. But seeing as I don't bring them everywhere I go, my immediate SHTF weapon could very well be a pistol until I could (Lord Willing) reach those other options.

Let's all hope we never have to make that call, in the first place. Still fun to talk about, though. :)

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    The OP only asked what Rifles you would grab in a SHTF. I stated my FAL and my M4 with ammo Chest rig. That’s not all wed be taking. We be ridding, I am getting to dam old to carrying all that ****. The horses and mules would be carrying everything weed need. For one thing I don’t think weed leave hear anyway. We’ve got free water, compliments of a 150’ well with a good windmill to draw it with, a 32 volt generator attached to the gear box. And everything works fine.

Actually sir, I asked what RIFLE (meaning one rifle) would you choose when SHTF.

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    Like mentioned above, I suppose a lot would depend on what degree of SHTF we'd be talking about.

I have a few options available. But seeing as I don't bring them everywhere I go, my immediate SHTF weapon could very well be a pistol until I could (Lord Willing) reach those other options.

Let's all hope we never have to make that call, in the first place. Still fun to talk about, though. :)

Your right about that, and it lets you show off your rig :D

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joquinn1234567
    Top Bottom