When SHTF, what will be your rifle of choice?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbradgriffith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    Waveland, MS
    But if you don't aim, you WILL go down quickly!!!!!

Shotguns are not magic wands... You still need to aim

Wow, did u really just bother typing that out? I can hit a target without ever lining up sights with my "magic wand". Short of skeet or dove etc... In flight. Sorry if u misunderstood but my point being that can spray buckshot and yes tag a human size target without stoping to gain sight picture. So as my cousin who is a drug enforcement officer once told me: u wanna know the first rule of entering a gunfight? Bring a shotgun. Second rule, bring a friend with a shotgun.

DR.NUMBERS

Addict of the Arcane Arts
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Battin Rudge
    Either my VZ-58 or FAL Stg-58. Both are simple, reliable and I've got chest rigs for them and lots of mags + ammo is easy to come by.

Last edited:

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I have more hardware in my right heel than most bins at Ace. I ain't runnin nowhere. I'll sit on top of my safe waiting for the fight to come to me.

One thing to remember though; Most of y'all think you need digi-cam to remain hidden, but can't see the hunter in the next tree wearing all orange. If I see you before you see me, it won't matter if you're packing a Abrams tank.

Oh, and that cologne, . . . I can smell it at a 100 yards in a thick bush.

Put me down for a single shot .357 Handi-Rifle. Won't need thousands of rounds. Most times one will suffice.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Wow, did u really just bother typing that out? I can hit a target without ever lining up sights with my "magic wand". Short of skeet or dove etc... In flight. Sorry if u misunderstood but my point being that can spray buckshot and yes tag a human size target without stoping to gain sight picture. So as my cousin who is a drug enforcement officer once told me: u wanna know the first rule of entering a gunfight? Bring a shotgun. Second rule, bring a friend with a shotgun.

tumblr_lmon9iMOYA1qafrh6.jpg

dbradgriffith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    Waveland, MS
    Let the SHTF. We will see who's left standing I suppose. We could talk this to death, but none of it matters a damn bit. I am not trying to enter a pissing match here. I got a little bent out of shape when my statement was taken out of context. But i'm done here.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    How about this, After SHTF and the interwebz comes back we can all post (those who made it) what we did and what worked. Maybe add in what didn't work so well.

I also agree with the above two, most of the people on here, who are more than likely relatively in shape, wont make it to the nearest intersection. That is why I don't worry too much about finding food and ammo. "have enough supplies to get more" rings a bell.

But really, there are so many things that could mean SHTF, each situation constitutes a different response. Question is how are you preparing?

For me, its still my AR. Light, easy to keep, parts everywhere.

dbradgriffith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    Waveland, MS
    I don't know what others' situations are, but I have 2 small children. So a 10 mile hike is not really a possibility with or without rifles. But I agree that many folks couldn't make it to the damn bus stop if their life depended on it.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I don't know what others' situations are, but I have 2 small children. So a 10 mile hike is not really a possibility with or without rifles. But I agree that many folks couldn't make it to the damn bus stop if their life depended on it.
    True dat. I consider myself to be in decent shape. Hell, I am in better shape than most people I know. Tell me to go ten miles in any direction without a bike or a car and I will laugh in your face. In a real SHTF situation, which is kinda silly to think about in most cases, 10 miles probably will be scratching the surface of how far one might have to rough it. All these guys to talk about bringing their 70 - 140 pound packs just make me laugh. If you are running around with that much weight on your back, your joints will be killing you by the end of the day. Fatigue be swift and terrible. The people with heavy anything will eventually be picked off by those who want to see what's in those fancy dandy big packs.

If whatever people are thinking happens actually happens and I have to start walking somewhere, it will be with a backpack with food, a rifle, a pistol, maybe 300 bullets, water, food, knife, multitool, and whatever else seems important at the time. Maybe 15 pounds of stuff...and that is even pushing it. "Bugging out" is an all around terrible idea unless it is a last chance option, which I just don't see happening.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    True dat. I consider myself to be in decent shape. Hell, I am in better shape than most people I know. Tell me to go ten miles in any direction without a bike or a car and I will laugh in your face. In a real SHTF situation, which is kinda silly to think about in most cases, 10 miles probably will be scratching the surface of how far one might have to rough it. All these guys to talk about bringing their 70 - 140 pound packs just make me laugh. If you are running around with that much weight on your back, your joints will be killing you by the end of the day. Fatigue be swift and terrible. The people with heavy anything will eventually be picked off by those who want to see what's in those fancy dandy big packs.

If whatever people are thinking happens actually happens and I have to start walking somewhere, it will be with a backpack with food, a rifle, a pistol, maybe 300 bullets, water, food, knife, multitool, and whatever else seems important at the time. Maybe 15 pounds of stuff...and that is even pushing it. "Bugging out" is an all around terrible idea unless it is a last chance option, which I just don't see happening.

emebe919dutig3r1i9td.jpg

$40 at academy.

Top Bottom