When SHTF, what will be your rifle of choice?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'll be the guy on the side of the road trading lemonade, Twinkies and oxygen tanks for sweet gear and guns. :D
    And I will be the guy hoping you put a little extra sugar in the lemonade before giving you bullets and paracord!

longdude17

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    So what all do you keep in your pack? And why are you skeptical of a pistol? I like how you are only talking about 3.5 miles a day. That is very realistic. A lot of people talk about how they are going to do ten plus miles a day with their gear and whatsoever. I just don't see that happening.

I have alot of little things: pretty solid first aid kit, fixed blade knife, folding knife, 5 days emergency rations, 3 mres, emergency blankets, tarp, hatchet, mulitool, sewing kit, altoids tin fishing kit, foldable elchepo saw, canteen, playing cards, 3 sources of fire, compass, T.P., toothbrush, unscented antiperspirant, mosquito spray, water purification tabs, flashlight, survival book, advil, tea candles, flask of whiskey, fresh socks, para cord, snare wire and a few other odds and ends. I have a coleman dual fuel camp stove ive been toying putting in it but its heavy.... Im still adding to the bag over time.

Im not sure of the pistol because I have a few to choose from, Ideally id like to carry the Beretta 9mm but that means ill have to carry a differnt ammo and the gun is on the heavy side, the .22 would fit the bill but its not the best for self defense and only has 6 shots. Sooo Im still thinking on that one.

Anyone who thinks they will walk more than 7 miles a day through the woods carrying 30+ pounds on there back while toting rifle in long pants in the louisiana 90 degree heat has never tried....there is people that CAN do it and more, but the average guy who sits at a computer for a living isnt gonna make 5 or more miles a day.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    my crew and I will all have AK-47's and belt fed saw's with 200 round drums. if the United States Marine Corps Force Recon can carry them in combat, then thats 'good enough for me' and i could always make a decent living assembling them post-apocalypse.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Wow, I carried a chain saw and cut sapling's and brush yesterday in the wood's for only 2 hr.'s.

I guess I'll have to stand on the side of the road like the rest of em' and sell lemonade and suck d#*k ?

I have alot of little things: pretty solid first aid kit, fixed blade knife, folding knife, 5 days emergency rations, 3 mres, emergency blankets, tarp, hatchet, mulitool, sewing kit, altoids tin fishing kit, foldable elchepo saw, canteen, playing cards, 3 sources of fire, compass, T.P., toothbrush, unscented antiperspirant, mosquito spray, water purification tabs, flashlight, survival book, advil, tea candles, flask of whiskey, fresh socks, para cord, snare wire and a few other odds and ends. I have a coleman dual fuel camp stove ive been toying putting in it but its heavy.... Im still adding to the bag over time.

Im not sure of the pistol because I have a few to choose from, Ideally id like to carry the Beretta 9mm but that means ill have to carry a differnt ammo and the gun is on the heavy side, the .22 would fit the bill but its not the best for self defense and only has 6 shots. Sooo Im still thinking on that one.

Anyone who thinks they will walk more than 7 miles a day through the woods carrying 30+ pounds on there back while toting rifle in long pants in the louisiana 90 degree heat has never tried....there is people that CAN do it and more, but the average guy who sits at a computer for a living isnt gonna make 5 or more miles a day.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Wow, I carried a chain saw and cut sapling's and brush yesterday in the wood's for only 2 hr.'s.

I guess I'll have to stand on the side of the road like the rest of em' and sell lemonade and suck d#*k ?

Just remember to bring knee pads in your bug out bag. For the time being, you should just have your login changed to Gaytor 45/70. :mamoru:

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Only the finest. Upscale. What? You think I get em from the days inn or dry cleaners? Haha

I just know prairieville is pretty close to BR and BR is where STDs come from :D

Guess it might be a good idea to look at getting some penicillin preps going.

Last edited:

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I just know prairieville is pretty close to BR and BR is where STDs come from :D

Guess it might be a good idea to look at getting some penicillin preps going.

Haha. Would you rather the finest of the "big easy"?

I know a doctor that can hook up the penicillin but that don't cure all of it lmao.

dbradgriffith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    Waveland, MS
    Might have to update my original post here. Found a marlin 336 30-30 in need of some serious TLC, but mechanically sound for $130. So give me a couple months to break it down, refinish (wood and metal), and replace the sights. And I think that will become my new SHTF gun. I actually might paint that on the stock.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Might have to update my original post here. Found a marlin 336 30-30 in need of some serious TLC, but mechanically sound for $130. So give me a couple months to break it down, refinish (wood and metal), and replace the sights. And I think that will become my new SHTF gun. I actually might paint that on the stock.
    A lever action...?

dbradgriffith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    Waveland, MS
    A lever action...?
    Yes sir, if the S has HTF I would imagine that means that whatever bullets I have will be just about all I'm gonna have. Marlin 336 was my first hunting rifle. Accurate and reliable, plus I am generally comfortable with it. So I think a lever action will suit me just fine. If I'm wrong guess I won't be around for all the lemonade and d**k sucking. Can't say I'd be really upset about that.

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    I heard magpul is going to start to make zombie condoms soon.. so you d*%k can match your gun and protect you as well...

Hey, some of those zombie chicks are pretty smokin' hot on AMC's The Walking Dead. You just need to make sure they don't try to give you a hickey while you're taking care of business... :rofl:

Top Bottom