16 and Pregnant

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    My girlfriend made me watch this stupid ass show last night. She likes it for some reason - but it just makes me sick. I hate saying "STUPID F'ING GIRLS", but that term came out of my mouth atleast a dozen times while watching.

They show a bunch of little 16-17 year old girls still in high school who get knocked up by some POS guy, and all they do is bitch about how hard life is. They whine because they either don't have enough money, don't want to have the kid anymore, don't have any more fun with friends, or that the boyfriend is sleeping around again. Seriously, if you're going to have a f'ing kid, have a damn plan.

To top it off, the POS guys on the show have zero plans of ever helping out. They think that working at McFatass will pay the bills forever, and that they can just life at mommy and daddy's house forever. I mean Christ, man up and get a damn job that can actually support the both of you - yes junior, it's called a shovel and you have to dig ditches with it.

Every time I would start yelling at the TV (I've got an anger problem when it comes to morons :D), my lady would start defending them. Her logic was "It's not that easy when you've got a guy demanding sex" or some BS like that.

Sorry for the rant, but between Cat's post and last night's show, I needed to atleast burn off some steam on here.

Continue with your day :D

/rant

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Right there with you. They're bloody damned stupid and need a boot upside their head.

Let me tell you something else. That mentality DOES NOT CHANGE. I see it on a daily basis today, nine years later. Drives me up the wall. My sister and I haven't not spoken since March because of that BS. She had my niece when she was fifteen.

No means no means no. And if they don't respect themselves enough to lay under some half dressed over eager ignorant jerkoff who is completely clueless beyond a...

It's depressing because these girls think that's the only way they can be loved or wanted. Or they don't even care about the boy, they just want to lash out at their parents in a back handed f--- you because for whatever reason. It's a cop out ******** reason to say "it's hard because he demands it". These girls aren't beaten, down trodden sheep. They have brains.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What you reap is what you sow. Stupid girls deserve stupid guys and vice versa. It's too bad a baby gets caught in the mix...
    As far as the show goes, it's dumb. It brings to mind "The Secret Life of the American Teenager". Everyone's f***ing someone, someone's pregnant, someone's cheating, etc.
    Our nation needs a colon cleansing.

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    My wife watches that show and then she wants to talk to me about it. I told her, "look if you want to watch this thats fine but I can't stand it." Then I go run or lift some weights. The only good thing about it is it shows that there are options other than just having an abortion.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    just because it says "reality tv" doesn't make it real

reality tv shows are more scripted than sitcoms

Not necessarily. In my case, my sister's group of five or six friends, pregnancy was an epidemic. One, just ONE, of them remained childfree until after graduation and not from lack of trying. It was by the grace of luck.

I'm not in contact with any of her friends except a couple now, and only then in hearsay but all reports suggest they still have this "it's so hard" mentality. One of them has three kids, three different baby daddies and lost custody of all three of them through her own faults.

If you point out the problems with any of them, they're going to blame somebody else.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Look out, Homes. Sounds like she may have baby fever. That **** will ravage a woman worse than Ebola. Place distance between you and the female until she is out of rut.

That's the gods honest truth. I've been jonesing for a new baby for a few weeks now KNOWING I cannot successfully carry even if I did get pregnant.

It's bad juju once it gets hold of her. I'd probably just be good to go if I could snuggle a newborn for a while. :mamoru:

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Look out, Homes. Sounds like she may have baby fever. That **** will ravage a woman worse than Ebola. Place distance between you and the female until she is out of rut.

Luckily, she's got a level head and doesn't want a kid....... yet :eek3:

She just got her Doctorate in Physical Therapy, bought a house, and secured a VERY well paying job - so she's joked about the idea a few times, but it gets shot down pretty quickly.

My woman wants a fourwheeler and a boat right now, which is WAY more fun than having a kid :D

-Dave

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Every time I would start yelling at the TV (I've got an anger problem when it comes to morons :D), my lady would start defending them. Her logic was "It's not that easy when you've got a guy demanding sex" or some BS like that.

IMHO, if she actually believes that, then she's not mommy material herself.

Either that or she's got a *skeleton* in her closet and feels that way because it may have been the excuse she used. Who knows. It wouldn't fly with me.

Any girl who allows themselves to get that deep into a relationship (where her logic would even be applicable) with a scumbag dude who would essentially rape them probably has absent daddy issues.

It may not apply with her, but it breaks my heart to see girls who live without a father figure at home who throw themselves at guys like that just to have reassurance from a male.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    You know, I'm less critical of unprotected sex or "oops" moments in that case. If you're in a monogamous relationship, trust one another and have an accident, and the means to support that baby it's a different situation entirely.

Has she let you have your own drawer yet?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    IMHO, if she actually believes that, then she's not mommy material herself.

Either that or she's got a *skeleton* in her closet and feels that way because it may have been the excuse she used. Who knows. It wouldn't fly with me.

Any girl who allows themselves to get that deep into a relationship (where her logic would even be applicable) with a scumbag dude who would essentially rape them probably has absent daddy issues.

It may not apply with her, but it breaks my heart to see girls who live without a father figure at home who throw themselves at guys like that just to have reassurance from a male.

Words of wisdom, IMHO...

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    My 21yo step-son watches, I don't know why. I was listening to a radio show recently, no TV in the man cave, and a 7th-grade teacher happy because she had only one pregnant student last year. 7th-grade ???? I know stuff happens but really some control is necessary to make it through life. Children should seriously consider the child they are having and what life will be like for both. I think the media and these shows sensationalize teen pregnancy and make getting pregnant at that age seem OK. I don't really think this is a good subject for a show, but you can't get away from these types of shows.

T-maggot

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Mandeville
    My girlfriend put that on for me once. I made the deal that she could watch it with me if we start watching my B-movie zombie, Troma-film's, and Metalocalypse seasons on a regular basis. I have since forgotten my "16 and retarded" experience. :bravo:

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My 21yo step-son watches, I don't know why. I was listening to a radio show recently, no TV in the man cave, and a 7th-grade teacher happy because she had only one pregnant student last year. 7th-grade ???? I know stuff happens but really some control is necessary to make it through life. Children should seriously consider the child they are having and what life will be like for both. I think the media and these shows sensationalize teen pregnancy and make getting pregnant at that age seem OK. I don't really think this is a good subject for a show, but you can't get away from these types of shows.

That's a difficult concept for a 12yo. The parents are a huge failure in that case. But the 16yo should have a sense of responsibility at the very least.

Top Bottom