.22LR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

nolaradio

Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Would anyone be interested in going in on some .22LR? I'm not talking about six million rounds or something crazy like that, but a decent amount. I ordered some Federal form Cabela's this past month and have been kicking myself since for not getting more. Below is what I bought:

FEDERAL CHAMPION .22LR 2100RD AMMO CAN, item number IK-218025, $99.99 each
    FEDERAL CHAMPION .22LR 325 RND BULK PACK, item number IK-217964 $15.99 each

I called Cabela's over the weekend and again today. Both are still not available. I was told they may have some by the end of the month. I plan to keep checking with them. If either of these items become available, would anyone be interested in going in for some?

I am still kind of new here but I have this fault with trusting people. With that said, no money would be required up front.

IF, and that's a big IF, they become available and I decide to place an order, you would have to pick up your order from me in the Mandeville/Covington area. I don't run a delivery service.

ALL costs would be split evenly. This means the cost per round would include shipping. I have a Cabela's Visa that is currently offering $5 flat rate shipping, so divided among a few people, this will should just be a few more pennies for each person.

I reserve the right to limit the total order to whatever dollar amount I feel comfortable with.

I'm looking to get some more .22LR if it becomes available so I figured why not see if anyone else wanted some. The only benefit to me would be earning some more bonus points on my card.

I'll be checking tomorrow for responses. Thanks for your time.

--Scott

EnderMX

Sep 12, 2012
    Lake Charles
    I'm down for at least few thousand rounds of 22lr, but please let me know the cost per round. I live in Baton Rouge. PM me if you wish. Thanks.

I'll be getting a hunk of change from my tax returns and whatever you can get, I'll soak it all up.

Last edited:

rtr_rtr

Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    I'm a student in New Orleans, and within 2 weeks of our test blocks, taking a couple hours out of studying to drive probably wouldn't be too workable. If you'd be alright with holding onto it for a max of a couple weeks (exact timing dependent on when it came in), I'd be up for 1 ammo can

Last edited:

Hattrick 22

Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I would be down for a can of 2100. I checked cabela's site though and its saying those items no longer exist not sure if that means they stopped selling it or if its just because its not in stock.

nolaradio

Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I'm down for at least few thousand rounds of 22lr, but please let me know the cost per round. I live in Baton Rouge. PM me if you wish. Thanks.

I'll be getting a hunk of change from my tax returns and whatever you can get, I'll soak it all up.

If the 2100 round can becomes available again, cost per round would be $.0476. If only the 325 round packs become available, cost per round would be $.0492.
    This is before taxes and shipping is added. On my previous orders, Cabela's has only charged state sales tax of 4%.

nolaradio

Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I would be down for a can of 2100. I checked cabela's site though and its saying those items no longer exist not sure if that means they stopped selling it or if its just because its not in stock.

I get the same thing when checking the site, that's why I started calling customer service. From other posts on the forum, it looks like some people have been able to order items that were either showing not in stock or not even on the site. I had a very helpful lady yesterday that told me they were expecting some of each of the item numbers by the end of the month. She even checked into some other brands, can't rember the names right now, but these two were the only bulk packs that were showing that they were scheduled to come in by end of month. Of course, there's no guarantee that Cabela's will actually receive them. I'm going to just keep calling them each day.

I'll try to respond to any questions today, but it may not be until after 6pm. Damn work computer blocks this site, so I have to respond using my phone which is a pain in the ass.

Last edited:

Rayneiac

Jan 4, 2013
    Plaquemine

I'd be glad to get an ammo can. I'm in Baton Rouge, but trips to Mandeville/Covington can be pulled off on weekends or maybe a Tues/Wed/Thurs.

And if you can't get the cans, I'll take 3 or 4 bulk packs if we can get this to work.

thebayoushooter

Dec 21, 2011
    Metairie
    I'm in meteairie and have no problem heading cross the bridge I'll take 2 cans

Last edited:

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I'm in for 1, if this is still being offered.

I work in NOLA, live in Slidell. I'll drive where needed.

CajunCanuck

May 21, 2012
    Kenner
    I'll take two (4200 rounds) if avaliable....just let me know the logistics......

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    So this is what I've counted up so far:

EnderMX1 Case "Few Thousand"
    Charles19491 Case
    f350drvr2 Cases
    Golden Dragon1 Case
    GunAddict2 Cases (Possibly 3)
    Bosco2 Cases (Possibly 3)
    freedive101 Case
    rtr_rtr1 Case
    Hattrick 221 Case
    Rayneiac3 Cases (Possibly 4)
    RustyHammer2 Cases
    thebayoushooter1 Case
    Devilneck1 Case
    CajunCanuck2 Cases
    Total21 Cases (Possibly 24)

Edit: Updated with CajunCanuck's post

Last edited:

Robbie

Premium Member
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    I'm in for 1, if this is still being offered.

I'm in Metairie.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom