2nd BayouShooter Spyderco Sprint Run

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you interested in another sprint run?

• Yes, regardless of model & color scheme.

Votes: 72 28.8%
    • Yes, but only if it's a model I want.

Votes: 47 18.8%
    • No, I'm not particularly interested.

Votes: 103 41.2%
    • I like turtles.

Votes: 28 11.2%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Why would a paramilitary be unlikely?

And can't we do something different? A bunch of us still have the old knife, want something different. Same thing, or substantially similar with different colors seems like a waste of time. I'm sure there are plenty who would buy it no matter what, but I'm also sure many will pass because they got in on the last one and don't see the need for another.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Dave, you know what might make be a good knife run? Something like this horizontal one you inspired me to get. I love this thing in my EDC, and everyone; and I do mean everyone that sees it, thinks it is very neat!

When I explain to them why "I" have it, they say; "I can see the need for that!" :rockon:

There aren't many people that are willing to shell out $200+ for a fixed blade.

And can't we do something different? A bunch of us still have the old knife, want something different. Same thing, or substantially similar with different colors seems like a waste of time. I'm sure there are plenty who would buy it no matter what, but I'm also sure many will pass because they got in on the last one and don't see the need for another.

Because Paramilitary 2's are not made as often as the Endura & Delica models.

Just a small note:
    Most people bought the first knife because of the Emerson Wave feature. Spyderco is only licensed by Emerson to use the Wave feature on the Delica and Endura models.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA

I'm with you. Something Different, but I'll still buy just because probably. I actually dislike the wave feature, and still bought 2 first time.
    Also there was a hefty discount offered to forum members and they were nowhere near the msrp that had people shying away first run.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I don't understand how production frequency is an issue, since this would be a custom run.

I also didn't like the wave feature but also bought two :D

If we could get something like a PM2 I'd pick up another couple knives. If it's another endura wave, I think I'd pass.

Same color scheme is great, I love the black blade and olive/green.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Also, as far as costs go, I'm sure there would be enough demand from non-bayoushooter spyderco collectors to sell this knife out quickly. Other PM2 sprint runs sellout quick.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Personally, I would like the same color scheme in a different knife rather than the same knife in a different color.

The difference in retail price for the PM2 and Endura is ~$70, with the discount (40% last time) that's only $40 difference.
    If we get the same 40% discount the PM2 should be ~$120. That's in the range most members wanted last time around.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Personally, I would like the same color scheme in a different knife rather than the same knife in a different color.

The difference in retail price for the PM2 and Endura is ~$70, with the discount (40% last time) that's only $40 difference.
    If we get the same 40% discount the PM2 should be ~$120. That's in the range most members wanted last time around.

This is something I do agree with. Regardless of the knife, the price will be similar to the street price of the same model knife. Every sprint run has a discount code. The code is usually only given to whomever the sprint run is for, that way it discourages people wanting to flip the knife for profit (even though it still happens).

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    My only demand would be a plain edge.
    My request would be to keep the black and od color scheme.
    My suggestion is that we make it the yojimbo 2 or the paramilitary 2.

Last edited:

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I can't keep up with which thread is which.
    While I'd love a BS Yojimbo I think it's a pipe dream, and I have one on order already.
    I'm in for anything with a plain edge, still gonna hold out hope for a H1Pacific Salt black blade, handle color to be determined.

Dear God please do not let there be a run of purple and gold handled Spyderco knives ever.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

rasputin

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Plaquemine
    I'd be down with either style. I dispise serrated blades. I don't think Spyderco will stray from their current blade steel line up for the Endura or PM2. I like collecting their sprint runs, and don't know of any that they have had trouble moving. There are LOTS sprint collectors.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom