2nd BayouShooter Spyderco Sprint Run

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you interested in another sprint run?

• Yes, regardless of model & color scheme.

Votes: 72 28.8%
    • Yes, but only if it's a model I want.

Votes: 47 18.8%
    • No, I'm not particularly interested.

Votes: 103 41.2%
    • I like turtles.

Votes: 28 11.2%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    What's up with all the combo edge hate? I prefer it for a working knife. Dress knives are better plain edge, but a knife with plastic handles isn't for dress anyway

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    What's up with all the combo edge hate? I prefer it for a working knife. Dress knives are better plain edge, but a knife with plastic handles isn't for dress anyway

Serrated blades are not precision cutting tools and are difficult to sharpen without the proper tools.

That being said, I'm all for a full serrated blade or a non-serrated blade. I don't own a single combination edge blade, because they don't do what I need them to do.

In my findings, most people that like serrations have never had a properly sharpened knife before.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    serrated blades are not precision cutting tools and are difficult to sharpen without the proper tools.

That being said, i'm all for a full serrated blade or a non-serrated blade. I don't own a single combination edge blade, because they don't do what i need them to do.

in my findings, most people that like serrations have never had a properly sharpened knife before.

Owwwwch!

:mamoru:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    That's a lot!

Perhaps Austin could send a mass email to all of the registered members in his data base telling everyone the proposed plan. You may get a good many that ordinarily wouldn't see this thread, and possibly re-generate some traffic here. Heaven knows I could use the added members for more comedy material. Some of the best zingers I've ever read came from old members here who don't log in anymore. :D

Or were banished into internet hell! :rolleyes:

I can do that after we settle on what blade we want. I'd personally be in for a PM 2 with a black blade and whatever color plastic. What's the point of the wave feature anyway on the other knife? Is it worth my Google time, or should someone explain?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I set up a global forum notice for now. That should get a few more hits on this thread from those using an internet browser and not the mobile app.

I am really a fan of the PM 2 and have been thinking about getting one for awhile. This would be a good excuse.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I would like a 3 - 3 1/2" blade, partial serration. Color isn't that important (Black w/ gold writing? :) ) What about adding a pelican or fleur de lis?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom