2nd BayouShooter Spyderco Sprint Run

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you interested in another sprint run?

• Yes, regardless of model & color scheme.

Votes: 72 28.8%
    • Yes, but only if it's a model I want.

Votes: 47 18.8%
    • No, I'm not particularly interested.

Votes: 103 41.2%
    • I like turtles.

Votes: 28 11.2%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I can do that after we settle on what blade we want. I'd personally be in for a PM 2 with a black blade and whatever color plastic. What's the point of the wave feature anyway on the other knife? Is it worth my Google time, or should someone explain?

I'm going to assume you've never owned a waved knife before. The hook catches on your pocket and opens the blade. It's patented by Emerson Knives and is a trademark for their knives. Spyderco only has a few knives that are licensed by Emerson, which include the Endura & Delica models.

I've owned a DLC Paramilitary 2 in the past and I sold it. It's a good design, but a lot of the praise you see, is just hype.

All I own now are Emerson Knives, so I'm slightly biased.

Edit -

That being said, I'd be down for a Bayoushooter PM2, but I also like the idea of another Waved Endura.

Last edited:

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I'm going to assume you've never owned a waved knife before. The hook catches on your pocket and opens the blade. It's patented by Emerson Knives and is a trademark for their knives. Spyderco only has a few knives that are licensed by Emerson, which include the Endura & Delica models.

I've owned a DLC Paramilitary 2 in the past and I sold it. It's a good design, but a lot of the praise you see, is just hype.

While that may be true, the wave features original intent by Emerson (Ernest to his drinking buddies) is a bottle opener !

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    can you post a pic of that blade. i'm looking for an EDC Fixed blade now?

This shirt is tucked for the pic. I don't tuck for EDC reasons. (And because I'm a fat ass!)

f7giwmh93adti461obs.jpg

e02uazgy6dkpv42q9sr0.jpg

This knife was made by a guy in Tennessee. It is very nice and very good quality. Dave_M turned me onto him because I saw the exact same knife in a pic on his belt, realized how awesome that horizontal carry was, and had to have one. Dave-M made the sheath too.

It is a last resort option or close combat weapon ONLY! I will never use it for cutting anything (That is what my BS Spyderco is for). It is literally amazing how fast I can discreetly deploy that blade with a cross stroke. I could have an attackers head nearly severed (or at least open the jugular), with 1 instant and fluid motion.

You can't even see it printing (or even notice it), unless you know it is there and you are looking for it.

If any of you guys like it, PM Dave_M. He's the man.

Last edited:

SicilianSecrets

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge/New Orleans, LA

Edit -

That being said, I'd be down for a Bayoushooter PM2, but I also like the idea of another Waved Endura.

Might not be as classy, but a zip tie, cut close to the hole in a Sypderco blade, will do the same thing. When you draw the knife from your pocket, the zip tie catches your pants pocket and opens the blade.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Might not be as classy, but a zip tie, cut close to the hole in a Sypderco blade, will do the same thing. When you draw the knife from your pocket, the zip tie catches your pants pocket and opens the blade.

I'm familiar, and I disapprove.

Typically, knives that are waved were designed with a particular purpose in mind. Allowing a knife to "wave" open with the aid of zip ties, does not mean it will work for that intended purpose.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    The wave feature itself is not 100%.

I'm sure you can get really good at it, and wear the same pair of pants everyday, but otherwise if it gets moved around or your particular pocket is not up to it, it won't open.

Also it'll open inadvertently if you're not super careful about it. Not a huge deal, and you should be paying attention when carrying a knife, but it's one more thing to be aware of.

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    I am in for an Endura with the wave feature and plain blade. The grip on the PM2 is not as ergonomic as the Endura grip. I think grey would be a good color.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana

I'm sure you can get really good at it, and wear the same pair of pants everyday, but otherwise if it gets moved around or your particular pocket is not up to it, it won't open.

Also it'll open inadvertently if you're not super careful about it. Not a huge deal, and you should be paying attention when carrying a knife, but it's one more thing to be aware of.

Never had that problem I can even open it in scubs (that's on the waste line not pocket) if the blade is accidentally opening in a pocket that knife either had someone loosen the blade screw or needs to snug it down with some loctite. However, I've never had that or any other issue and haven't done anything besides abuse this thing since I've gotten it.

Also I like turtles and am down for another wave.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

Explain.

That's a load of crap. I've waved open a full size Emerson and a mini in sweat pants, basketball shorts, jeans, khakis, dress slacks, and even in the waistband. If it's clipped where it's supposed to be, it's not moving. Maybe you don't know the technique to it, but it's not supposed to deploy when you pull it out of your pocket. It deploys when you purposely pull the blade back, down, and away.

And just for the sake of argument:
    http://emersonknives.com/video/wave-shaped-feature/

Last edited:

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Explain.

That's a load of crap. I've waved open a full size Emerson and a mini in sweat pants, basketball shorts, jeans, khakis, dress slacks, and even in the waistband. If it's clipped where it's supposed to be, it's not moving. Maybe you don't know the technique to it, but it's not supposed to deploy when you pull it out of your pocket. It deploys when you purposely pull the blade back, down, and away.

And just for the sake of argument:
    http://emersonknives.com/video/wave-shaped-feature/

I guess I don't know the technique down pat, practice tactical knife deployment enough or whatever, but I carried the last bayoushooter wave knife almost everyday for the better part of a year, and every now and then I'd try to impress myself with the wave and I'd get it about half the time. And that half that I got it, it wasn't nearly as nice as the bloke in the video gets it. But hey I suppose that takes practice.

And it most certainly would open up pulling it out of my pocket. After poking myself a number of times I started being very methodical. Other knives I just take out of my pocket, no surprises.

Also it doesn't make for a compelling bottle opener either... Servicable but I think the knife itself is better. ;)

End of the day, as a regular guy the wave feature struck me as a gimmick, and a distraction. Just my opinion, and I'm by no means a connoisseur.

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    I am inclined to be in for one. NOT purple and anything. The original style I like, anything else I would want to see.
    The Emerson link, video was nice story. Their knives are premo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom