Ahmaud Arbery....Cue the Riots????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Anybody remember this old dude?

ea0bba70d770afac69aa7996b12c5bf0.jpg

e1819a136939367f7ec4c3f348d0321d.jpg

Texas...
    Of course, he actually witnessed the perps crawling in and out of his neighbor’s window and called 911. They were also illegal aliens/immigrants with criminal records, in the process of burglarizing the house next door. I believe he shot them both in the back. I’m thinking they prolly didn’t have any family talking to the news about how they were really good men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Sorry, I'll clarify:

It's not smart to chase someone who just committed a petty crime on your property.

Giving chase in a vehicle and recording what the guy looks like is one thing. Getting a shotgun and being on the ground with him is a terrible idea.

The Trayvon case was dumb too. The guy was playing cop and looking for trouble. There's an old saying that if you go looking for trouble, you'll find it.

I haven’t kept up with the story or this thread.

I’m not going to commit on the legalities, moralities, or if is ‘smart’ to do what these guys did. I will mention that I grew up in an area that was lower middle class and it began to change rapidly. Crime moved in and the tugs took over. Imagine if there was a lager armed resistance out there defending their homes and lives. How much safer would that area be today? How many innocent lives would have been spared?

I don’t possess any worldly treasures worth killing a man over but if I get into a scuffle while confronting someone you best believe it won’t matter why I confronted him only that I want to continue breathing.

‘‘The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.’’—Edmund Burke

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yes that's it,I'm not seeing a whole lot of jogging taking place !

Maybe he was taking a break. Maybe he was casing the property. Unless he walked off the property with a gun and the arrested duo knew he did so, they were the aggressors. And that didn't happen. The Duo said they assumed he could be armed. So the video doesn't really change anything.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    Besides the fact that parts of this incident are sketchy at the least, If you want to live, DON'T TRY TO YANK A SHOTGUN AWAY FROM SOMEONE!!!!

How they gonna RIOT if it has to be 10 people or less due to COVID restrictions?

Reviewed three videos. Arbery showed intent of guilt and despite all the minutia in the end he closed upon and attacked an armed man and was killed for doing so. The men were justified in using lethal force to stop Arbery's attack. Was/were their behavior/actions/vigilantism stupid? Yes.

It's my opinion that the media's sensationalism is impeccably timed to gas light voters for the coming election. More to come. Most folks have not seen all the videos, and they are utterly convinced it was a lynching. It was not.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I’m not going to commit on the legalities, moralities, or if is ‘smart’ to do what these guys did. I will mention that I grew up in an area that was lower middle class and it began to change rapidly. Crime moved in and the tugs took over. Imagine if there was a lager armed resistance out there defending their homes and lives. How much safer would that area be today? How many innocent lives would have been spared?

I don’t possess any worldly treasures worth killing a man over but if I get into a scuffle while confronting someone you best believe it won’t matter why I confronted him only that I want to continue breathing.

‘‘The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.’’—Edmund Burke

I can agree with you. But the arrested duo weren't defending anything. They were on the offensive.

IBWP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2019
    Monroe, LA
    The Prez should have a beer with them.
    just kidding. A clip that I saw didn’t look like he grabbed at the guy who was armed. Whatever the jogger was up to I does look like he was murdered.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

I also somewhat agree with you. My difference is that I have absolutely no desire to confront anyone unless I absolutely need to. I certainly am not going to drive around, follow them, and then get out of a truck to confront someone. It's a lose-lose situation.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    It looks like the Georgia Bureau of Investigation felt there was enough evidence to arrest the two men. A judge also held them without bond.

https://www.wtoc.com/2020/05/07/gbi-arrests-two-men-connection-with-shooting-death-ahmaud-arbery/

https://www.wtoc.com/2020/05/08/fat...rder-arbery-case-make-first-court-appearance/

The GBI is reacting to the media hype from the outrage of the blacks in the community and NAACP. If they had evidence they would have arrested them sooner. I'll wait for the trial.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Father and son 'had earlier confrontation with Ahmaud Arbery'
    https://mol.im/a/8315531

So maybe there is more to the story. Seems like if there is no police report from the first time they confronted him then maybe they were playing police on their street. They should have called the first time and when they saw him again the police wold have already known who he was. If the actual owners of the property, the only ones that could actually pursue charges didn’t care then it’s not looking good for the pair. I read earlier in an article that when interviewed, the property owner said he never made a police report in regards to that property. Doesn’t look good for the duo and probably one of the reasons they were arrested. If there was no crime then they couldn’t be making a citizens arrest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

frhunter13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2018
    New Orleans
    Yes what Sportsbub said is what the media will go with. Truth or not. Thing is, wasn’t just one guy doing the chasing. If their collective story is the same then unless someone got a video otherwise, it’s what is.

Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Besides the fact that parts of this incident are sketchy at the least, If you want to live, DON'T TRY TO YANK A SHOTGUN AWAY FROM SOMEONE!!!!

How they gonna RIOT if it has to be 10 people or less due to COVID restrictions?

If some fat redneck comes after me with a shotgun because I am jogging through his neighborhood, I would fight back too? Who said he would have lived if he did NOT fightback? Wouldn't you fight back if someone came after you with a shotgun for no apparent reason?

Top Bottom