AK-47 Open Carry*** His response Post#97

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Video taping the ground is annoying.

He's definitely a douche.
    Annoying local cops isn't good. People get paranoid when they see a gun. The media has demonized guns. Which means the cops get called. Which means they have to go investigate. Which keeps them from doing more important things.

Which brings up a point. I understand the OC crowd feels the need to OC to intentionally draw attention. What if, while an officer is busy discussing the legalities of OC with you, his buddy gets killed on a domestic call where he requested backup. You're taking up resources to prove a point. There are better ways to handle this.

I'm all for the legality of OC. I can remember my dad talking about taking the city bus to go shoot his .22 rifle when he was a teenager. Can you see that happening now? I appreciate the effort and risk the OC members are taking. They need to find better ways to do this though.

BUSTER48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Laplace, Louisiana
    This is a particular topic that I have steered away from commenting on because I knew my comments would offend some of you OCers. **** it, I’m speaking my mind. This particular topic has come up often on this board and I have yet to read a legitimate reason for OCing. I agree with NOLACOP, just because you can, does not mean you should. Having met a couple of OCers over the years, this is what I come away with after talking to them. They tend to be meek and weak without their guns, OCing seems to give them a sense of power and self worth. It brings them the attention that they long for. I think they get off on intimidating the general public, because the truth is, that is what OCing does, it intimidates people. Frankly, if I were one of the bad guys going into a place of business to cause some mayhem, if I saw someone inside that business OCing I’d just saunter on over and put a cap in their ass and go about the business I intended to conduct. Now for those of you who are going to flame me, keep in mind, this is just my opinion, it is neither right or wrong, it’s just my opinion. Let the fireworks begin.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    This is a particular topic that I have steered away from commenting on because I knew my comments would offend some of you OCers. **** it, I’m speaking my mind. This particular topic has come up often on this board and I have yet to read a legitimate reason for OCing. I agree with NOLACOP, just because you can, does not mean you should. Having met a couple of OCers over the years, this is what I come away with after talking to them. They tend to be meek and weak without their guns, OCing seems to give them a sense of power and self worth. It brings them the attention that they long for. I think they get off on intimidating the general public, because the truth is, that is what OCing does, it intimidates people. Frankly, if I were one of the bad guys going into a place of business to cause some mayhem, if I saw someone inside that business OCing I’d just saunter on over and put a cap in their ass and go about the business I intended to conduct. Now for those of you who are going to flame me, keep in mind, this is just my opinion, it is neither right or wrong, it’s just my opinion. Let the fireworks begin.

No need for fireworks, it's just your mere opinion. ;)

I simply find it humorous yet disturbing how disgusted people get over someone else doing something Lawful. I don't associate this guy with your daily OC.er so I'm able to see things differently I guess.

pardon.gif

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I'm not sure I'd classify this person as the "typical OCer" (whatever that is). :mamoru:

I agree with Hitman- in that it's downright stupid for someone who's pro-gun to say that all men who openly carry guns in public (where legal) are attention-craving showboats with low self-esteem and small weiners (:doh:). The irony is that's exactly what the real enemies of our cause have been saying about ALL of us for years! :confused:

We have a really big problem in this country in that we are far too willing to lower the standard in order to meet the needs of those unwilling to learn the difference between right and wrong (and in this case- what is legal and what is not). That attitude just does not work- in pretty much anything.

No thanks; I'm not going there.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I'm not sure I'd classify this person as the "typical OCer" (whatever that is). :mamoru:

I agree with Hitman- in that it's downright stupid for someone who's pro-gun to say that all men who openly carry guns in public (where legal) are attention-craving showboats with low self-esteem and small weiners (:doh:). The irony is that's exactly what the real enemies of our cause have been saying about ALL of us for years! :confused:

We have a really big problem in this country in that we are far too willing to lower the standard in order to meet the needs of those unwilling to learn the difference between right and wrong (and in this case- what is legal and what is not). That attitude just does not work- in pretty much anything.

Yea I made the same post HERE

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR

Yeah, what's a "typical" open carrier? I carry concealed every day but may carry openly when when situations change during the day and keeping the gun concealed would take efforts that I would consider too much hassle. Granted, I do this in high-tolerance environments and my intent is just to make things easy on myself, never to provoke reactions from others. Are the guys who shoot videos of themselves carrying openly really typical?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Yeah, what's a "typical" open carrier?

I'd say just like any other RESPONSIBLE Gun owner UNLIKE the moron in the OP video here.

Here's a few fair examples;

OPEN_CARRY_06xx1_22a.jpg

open-carry-utah.jpg

Opencarry.jpg

The infamous Soccer mom incident;
    20080924_082356_momkid.jpg

It's easy to point out the RETARDS that OC. Just like it is easy to point out the retard LEO's. Bad Apples are always the ones talked about.

Yet there are PLENTY of Responsible Gun owning Americans who OC, and plenty of Responsible LEO's.

No one likes talking about them though, they're no fun :rolleyes:

/

Last edited:

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Was it me, or did he make up a lot of **** that wasn't in the video?

I posted that 'response' over in the ZS thread. Dude pointed out that the 'response' was uploaded like 6 months before the video we saw in the OP of this thread.

I was perplexed too.

Also I just realized... he was going on about "its not like I was wearing a turban going around shouting ALLAH ACKBAR" but.. his photo is of two AKs with folding stocks... laid out on what appears to be a SHEMAGH.

so uh... dude, really, how many steps from it are you?

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I posted that 'response' over in the ZS thread. Dude pointed out that the 'response' was uploaded like 6 months before the video we saw in the OP of this thread.

I was perplexed too.

Also I just realized... he was going on about "its not like I was wearing a turban going around shouting ALLAH ACKBAR" but.. his photo is of two AKs with folding stocks... laid out on what appears to be a SHEMAGH.

so uh... dude, really, how many steps from it are you?

I actually find it more telling that he is appalled that the police responded and in his opinion discriminated against him because he was walking around town with a fighting rifle, yet he sees no problem with racially profiling people based on their clothing and speech.

Guess the only rights that matter are his. :confused:

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    I actually find it more telling that he is appalled that the police responded and in his opinion discriminated against him because he was walking around town with a fighting rifle, yet he sees no problem with racially profiling people based on their clothing and speech.

I think that cuts to the very core. He has expectations for how everyone else should treat HIM, but he gives not one **** about how he treats anyone else.

thesamunit

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge

One of the most reasonable and intelligent posts I've read in a while. Bravo.

Last edited:

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    Survey Says! HES STILL A DOUCHE!
    well, if douches are aiding in pioneering this stuff and making it more known so decent people who do OC wont be put in the spotlight and catching all the flak for making OC more commonplace then i'm all for it.

just as long as they dont screw things up for everyone else.

I gotta add though that the guy is indeed a disrespectful MAJOR DOUCHE...and needs to get his act together before he actually does f*** things up for everyone and/or gets himself shot.

or better yet, just get outlaw OC and allow CCW without a license like arizona does. that way there wont be any drama. and since an AK is impossible to conceal there will be no more douches who carry them around, mission accomplished.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom