Any Cobra fans here - All Cars welcome

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Goes to the paint shop Monday. 2015 mustang magnetic metallic got the vote. Like the last two cars I built, I changed my mind while in the paint store. After a color sand and polish, it should look like a puddle of liquified dark metal.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    What motor/tranny are you using? Does the new coyote motor fit? My original plan was to get a cheap used 302 since they are readily available. But if I were to ever to come across a good bit of money for a "dream" build. It would be the new 5.0 motor, wouldn't know how that would work with computers and harnesses that I would imagine would be more complex.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    What motor/tranny are you using? Does the new coyote motor fit? My original plan was to get a cheap used 302 since they are readily available. But if I were to ever to come across a good bit of money for a "dream" build. It would be the new 5.0 motor, wouldn't know how that would work with computers and harnesses that I would imagine would be more complex.

I'm using a 91 302. 310 whp in my old fox body. With the t5.

They do have packages set up for the coyote. It is more complex and more expensive. I would like to do one but I had this stuff laying around so I went this route.

My next build will be a coyote/a6 with tvs supercharger 1933 ford lowboy roadster or rats glass speedstar.

ewebb10

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    Sweet choice on color. I just picked this one up last week.
    mreoft.jpg

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Dropped the svt cobra off yesterday, getting: New Rims, new tires, adding a spoiler (against my wishes), window tint, oil change, P1443 check engine code, and maybe new ball joints.

I can't wait to see how the rims and tint come out.

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet choice on color. I just picked this one up last week.
    mreoft.jpg

love it...got any plans for it?

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Not until warranty runs out. Id love to put a blower on it, but that might be wishful thinking.

lol I hear ya

If I had new one, I'd just bolt and gears on only...they are so quick already, with full Bolton, gears, tune, and radials and you'd be running close to high 11's!

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    After driving a blown coyote (thanks SVTFreak!)... skip the small stuff, just get the blower. it's absolutely insane.

TROOF! Lol

I keep hoping he will put one on his new car so I can hit him up for a ride!

Patience. S/C on new one got put on back burner for a few reasons, not the least of which is to give turners time with the new engine controls system for 2015. It hasn't been easy for them and I think there's still stiff they don't have quite perfect. But getting there. Other than that, I needed a shop and the cobra is so close to finished I had to invest in it.

I was going to buy his last one but got beat to it. I see it around town and get sad now lol

Lol I miss that car. Loved it and still do.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Wrong cobra, I guess... One of my friends had a cobra replica and he put a 2004 Mustang Cobra drive train in it. Man was that car scary to ride in due to its lack of traction.

Top Bottom