Any Cobra fans here - All Cars welcome

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    just picked up the car from the shop...and found out the car has long-tube headers!!! freebie!

Here's what it looks like now

12068496_426586994216443_6563382912938263109_o.jpg

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    I'm planning on taking the car to the Gulfport 1/4 mile strip December 2nd.

This will be my first time at the strip. Any tips? Any Do's or Don'ts? Anything I should do to the car to prep?

Any guesses on what my time will be :D

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Don't drive through the water. Fronts will track water. Go around it. Big burnout not needed on radials. Just spin them over to get the trash off. You can drop the pressure in em a little bit, try 25-27lbs. Don't go too far.

You're best launch will actually feel bad. It'll feel almost like a slight bog when ya jump off the line. Don't leave too aggressive or you'll roast the hot dogs. Be patient and pedal it.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Don't drive through the water. Fronts will track water. Go around it. Big burnout not needed on radials. Just spin them over to get the trash off. You can drop the pressure in em a little bit, try 25-27lbs. Don't go too far.

You're best launch will actually feel bad. It'll feel almost like a slight bog when ya jump off the line. Don't leave too aggressive or you'll roast the hot dogs. Be patient and pedal it.

cool thx!

These cars stock run anywhere from 13.5-14.2...Any guesses on what my best time will be?

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Would anyone want to meet up one Wednesday night and go to a Test & Tune Night at the Gulfport Dragway? I'm hoping to go in the next week or two.

After more research, I'm also planning on going with 4.30 gears...I can't wait, but holding off until I have the chance to run my neighbor's '12 EVO and my buddies '05 GT so I can have a baseline to judge the improvements from the gears.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Would anyone want to meet up one Wednesday night and go to a Test & Tune Night at the Gulfport Dragway? I'm hoping to go in the next week or two.

After more research, I'm also planning on going with 4.30 gears...I can't wait, but holding off until I have the chance to run my neighbor's '12 EVO and my buddies '05 GT so I can have a baseline to judge the improvements from the gears.

Just go to Corr performance in Nola and get it dynoed. Tell them spanky sent you.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Just go to Corr performance in Nola and get it dynoed. Tell them spanky sent you.

I'd definitely like to get it on a dyno...I thought Corr was import only, but if they are set up for domestic RWD, I'll definitely check them out...thx!

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    Jay and Alberto are awesome. If it has an engine, they have the know how to tune it. Just to give an idea of time, a buddy of mine used to have a bone stock 97 cobra. At State Capitol I made 3 passes in one night, I got a best of 13.6 spinning through first with a first run of 14.0 learning the car.

Last edited:

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Jay and Alberto are awesome. If it has an engine, they have the know how to tune it. Just to give an idea of time, a buddy of mine used to have a bone stock 97 cobra. At State Capitol I made 3 passes in one night, I got a best of 13.6 spinning through first with a first run of 14.0 learning the car.

Wow, that's a great time stock!!! I was hoping to run that time with the mods I have now (CAI, LT-Headers, o/r H-pipe, Cat back).

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Nice. Is that yours?

I was tempted by those too. Dealership offered me their first one. Was a hard decision to turm that one down.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    Nice. Is that yours?

I was tempted by those too. Dealership offered me their first one. Was a hard decision to turm that one down.

sure is. one of the most amazingly fun cars that ive ever driven. Puts anything south of a gt2 of gt3 in the porsche lineup to shame. Best driver's car south of 110K by a large margin. absolutely lives up to the hype.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    sure is. one of the most amazingly fun cars that ive ever driven. Puts anything south of a gt2 of gt3 in the porsche lineup to shame. Best driver's car south of 110K by a large margin. absolutely lives up to the hype.

Duuuuuuude! Which version is this? R or non-R?

We need MOAR pics and some videos!!!!!!!

Last edited:

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Here's the video of my first time at the drag strip from last night. Wow, what a learning experience! I never would have imagined I would be that nervous or that going A to B would be that challenging. Watching the tape back is quite humbling and educational :) I know the car is capable of faster times as it sits now, but I have a lot of things to work on to break into the 13s. I had a great time though, there were some awesome vehicles out there. I can't wait to go back.

Oh and that yellow minivan in the first run ran 11.90!!!! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UlfIos6k0w&feature=youtu.be

Top Bottom