Any gun clubs in the Shreveport area that allow black people?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Can someone please explain to me.... why is that I can make deaf jokes, and other people can make jokes about me being deaf, and I'll never get offended.

BUT....

One person makes a joke about a minority using gov't assistance, then they are offended to the point of leaving.

I understand the sensitive issue, but still... a joke is a joke. If you hear it once and you don't like it, ask once not to make jokes like that and to please be respectful. If they THEN don't honor your request, then I understand leaving to avoid fighting. But we have no idea if that one joke could have been nothing more than a test.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    well, since you asked.. the urban tribes around here wouldn't spend $10 to feed their children, much less to go to a range and spend even more money shooting ammunition...

Can someone please explain to me.... why is that I can make deaf jokes, and other people can make jokes about me being deaf, and I'll never get offended.

BUT....

One person makes a joke about a minority using gov't assistance, then they are offended to the point of leaving.

I understand the sensitive issue, but still... a joke is a joke. If you hear it once and you don't like it, ask once not to make jokes like that and to please be respectful. If they THEN don't honor your request, then I understand leaving to avoid fighting. But we have no idea if that one joke could have been nothing more than a test.

Oh. He was serious. He's a racist. Sorry, my mistake.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Same here people can make fat jokes about me and I embrace it and make jokes about me being fat I don't get offended I just don't see the point in it. I am what I am I live with it and make the best of life.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    i won't get offended if someone makes a joke about Italians.. i wasn't talking about all black people, just some of the black folk around here with a bit of sarcasm added... i can count on one hand the few that are decient, positive contributors to the community... the rest, well..

Last edited:

nomadicdread

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Seattle
    There's plenty of racism in LA. I experience it from whites and blacks regularly. The most I've experienced in LA was in Franklinton.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    There are black people out there who do try to make themselves better, who do try to provide for their family honestly, who do try to be respectful, honest, and dependable. There are white folks out there who are just flat out lazy, abuse the system, bilk off of others, behave like idiots, are dirty, etc. THOSE are the people I do not like; no matter what color they are.

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    If there was a place that didn't allow black people, I dont' think they'd be in business very long.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area

BUT....

offended due to a lack of reparations? :crazy:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Riding wheelies in wheelchairs is fun, but I did bust my ass a few times lol.:dogkeke:

I get a big kick out of pulling the "What's this WE white man" when the Everything is the white guys fault line comes up!:mamoru:

Ok, AND using my plates to park in teachers spaces at College! (I won't use the handy capped spots unless it's a bad day or there are a bunch of them.)

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    What do you mean by "this is Louisiana were talking about"?

Today my wife and I sold a car to a black kid about 25. He and his mom came to our bank to pay for the car. When they walked in the staff swarmed them. "What do you want?" "What are you doing here?" "Do you have business with our bank?" I can't speak to them, but I felt humiliated. The kid was really nice. He always called me "sir" and my wife "ma'am" even though she's Spanish, and I guess we're supposed to hate them too.

That's what living in Louisiana means. There's a reality about the way white people treat black people that we can't ignore.

Last edited:

bayoupirate

God of Thunder
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Raceland, Louisiana
    Comments like that are exactly what I was afraid of. Have a nice night gentleman.

Intersting.

I did feel like your question was genuine, it did stereotype all of that part of Louisiana.
    Despite that, you did receive accurate and encouraging replies.

Then when someone included a stereotype (Black people and EBT Cards) you seem to be a bit put off.

All from a person with "I.B. Pimpin" as a screen name.

I agree with the posters who have said that they welcome anyone to their ranges who handle thier guns safely, respect the range rules, and the other people there.

But this is all just talk.

Please do visit a range in the area and let us know about your experience.
    There's the truth and everything else, and only the truth matters.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish

BUT....

Are you white?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom