Any gun clubs in the Shreveport area that allow black people?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Sad that you feel that you have to ask this now.

Being Black should be perfectly OK anywhere in Louisiana. We are 1/3 Black, already.

Being an Obama supporter would get you a lot more negative behavior than your race, for sure.

Speak to Mjolnir, who is Black and is very well accepted here. He is from Baton Rouge and has lived in other LA cities recently. He may have some insights for you.

leVieux

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I find it endlessly amusing that the OP is looking to not be discriminated against yet talks about things like "this is Louisiana" and that he wants to go to a range "frequented by black people."

Hypocrite much?

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I find it endlessly amusing that the OP is looking to not be discriminated against yet talks about things like "this is Louisiana" and that he wants to go to a range "frequented by black people."

Hypocrite much?

Yep. I think the black/white issue is more about culture than color. I despise white Obama voters as much as black ones. I also like Herman Cain and Michael Steele because they share my values.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Today my wife and I sold a car to a black kid about 25. He and his mom came to our bank to pay for the car. When they walked in the staff swarmed them. "What do you want?" "What are you doing here?" "Do you have business with our bank?" I can't speak to them, but I felt humiliated. The kid was really nice. He always called me "sir" and my wife "ma'am" even though she's Spanish, and I guess we're supposed to hate them too.

That's what living in Louisiana means. There's a reality about the way white people treat black people that we can't ignore.
    Sorry, but this story reeks of such ********, I'm swatting horsefly's aways from my screen. :rolleyes:

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Most of you should go to your bathroom mirror and look at the big fish hook protruding from your cheek. You don't often see so many people trolled that well. All of you took it hook, line an sinker.

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    Most of you should go to your bathroom mirror and look at the big fish hook protruding from your cheek. You don't often see so many people trolled that well. All of you took it hook, line an sinker.
    YEP!
    Metal-hook-in-Face-e1291770257807.jpg

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville

It didn't turn into a f*ck feast which is what most trolls try to evoke. It is a civil discussion so where is the harm?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Today my wife and I sold a car to a black kid about 25. He and his mom came to our bank to pay for the car. When they walked in the staff swarmed them. "What do you want?" "What are you doing here?" "Do you have business with our bank?" I can't speak to them, but I felt humiliated. The kid was really nice. He always called me "sir" and my wife "ma'am" even though she's Spanish, and I guess we're supposed to hate them too.

That's what living in Louisiana means. There's a reality about the way white people treat black people that we can't ignore.
    It goes both ways.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well, now....That was entertaining. :rofl:

These days, there's a great chance if you're being treated "differently" everywhere you go......

....it might be you. :rolleyes:

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    We know he isn't black for several reasons:

1) He spelled it Shreveport and not Shrevsport
    2) He called himself black and not African American
    3) Gestures, such as "Thanks guys", "By the way"
    4) He is way to polite and politically correct
    5) If is talks educated, then he would by no means choose I.B. Pimpin for his screen name, maybe "CARLTON" - some of you will get it!!:dogkeke:

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    i won't get offended if someone makes a joke about Italians.. i wasn't talking about all black people, just some of the black folk around here with a bit of sarcasm added... i can count on one hand the few that are decient, positive contributors to the community... the rest, well..

You know why Italians don't have freckles?..........................................................................Because they slide off!:dogkeke:

I.B. Pimpin

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    Wow... Some of you guys have quite a sense of humor and I hope that someday you realize that you can't make a joke about everything. I'm not here to cause trouble. I just want to talk guns and maybe make a couple friends. I live in East Texas and I spend a lot of time in Shreveport. I joined the Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League board and Opencarry.org. Saw a few references to Bayou Shooter on there and so here I am. Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to swapping knowledge with you guys.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I would assume any of them. Surely people have gotten over the race thing in daily lives. Whites bother me as much as blacks, its not a race thing its just who acts stupid and who deosnt. Be respectful and there should be no problems. Hell I wish all the thugs would practice to then maybe they hit who they want to kill and stop hurting innocent civilians in the process.

Stupidity is a multi-racial trait.

Shooter's USA
    Long Range Alley
    Princeton Gun Club
    WMA

Those are the only one's I know in this area. I have seen black people at Princeton, the WMA, Shooter's USA, but have not been to Long Range Alley. I have reason to suspect black people can be seen there, too.

All that being said, yeah, this area is not very progressive. Blacks account for most of the low-income population and crime in this town. Thus the stereotype that bleeds over and gives every black person a bad image to those who are un-willing to judge people individually on their own merits. You also have to understand that there are plenty of blacks and whites alive who were alive well before desegregation. Just because some court made it so legally, does not mean that they all of a sudden changed their minds on the matter.

Last edited:

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    Not trying to be funny or anything but this is Louisiana were talking about. Just looking for a place to shoot where I wouldn't be treated differently. Just thought some of you may have been to a range that is frequented by black people.[/QUOTE

Talk about an inflamatory remark. Where are you from any way? There are racist folks all over the country. Probably more so up north than down in the south. I don't think Louisiana folks are worse than any where else. Any how welcome. I don't live in the Shreveport area, but I would shoot with you any time provided you are safe. (And If I am doing something unsafe, I pray some one telsl me right away before something happens.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom