Anyone want to fill me in on what's going on in Baltimore?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • simplepeddler

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Saint Amant
    They have days to calm this storm and the mayor makes a comment that opens the pandora's box you are seeing.
    She actually said the would give protesters the space to "destroy".....and they have.

Any decent human being would know she did not mean that, she is just stupid (stupid people vote for stupid people).........but there are very few decent people "protesting" there tonight.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    They have days to calm this storm and the mayor makes a comment that opens the pandora's box you are seeing.
    She actually said the would give protesters the space to "destroy".....and they have.

Any decent human being would know she did not mean that, she is just stupid (stupid people vote for stupid people).........but there are very few decent people "protesting" there tonight.

Now the bitch says she didn't say that. I guess she's never heard of video

WildBillKelso

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Northshore/New Orleans
    I figured there would be a thread about this.
    There are full scale riots now. Of note, they burned down a senior center that was being built in a "underserved" community.
    Saturday's protest turning small riot was the warm up.
    Yes, the mayor Stephanie Rawlins Blake said on Saturday, to paraphrase, that space was made for those who want to destroy.
    The gov. Hogan, the repub. that beat the odds and got elected in uber blue Maryland, called in the national guard as soon as the mayor contacted him.
    From the police scanner there is burning, looting and general mayhem even in the good neighborhoods of Baltimore. I know this from knowing the area. Incidents are reported in my old neighborhood which is considered a good one.
    One could defend themselves in Maryland as lawful self defense in the home or where one is occupying plays the same as anywhere else. I would not want to face a Baltimore jury though. Jury duty was very alarming in that city in a very sad way.
    I predict that the newly affluent neighborhoods of new city residents will see many homes for sale at bargain basement prices. Most people in Maryland would rather run away at a loss than defend themselves and their property. Hence the pitiful gun bans, may issue CCW, no stand your ground etc...

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    What the mayor said was...

http://youtu.be/CqncWcpwmCs

I can't tell if she was trying to say that in the process of allowing the protestors to practice their first ammendment rights they inadvertently also allowed an avenue for destruction to take place or that they purposefully allowed the rioters some looting time. But then again, over the last 6 years or so, I've learned that when I hear the phrase, "let me be perfectly clear", I can expect the usual cloud of double talk bull$hit from some government official...

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    From all the on street interviews with the people of the community the answer is painfully obvious. There should be no white cops. They are the problem. Not only are the white cops the problem in Baltimore but they are also the problem in every city across the nation. Maybe the new AG will get rid of all the evil white cops and replace them with more sensitive individuals that understand and will try to right all the damage the white cops have caused throughout the nation for the past decades. That is basically what was being said in every interview given by the poor oppressed people of the community.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Police handcuff a guy and take him for a "rough ride", snap his spine, crush his throat, and put him in a coma, he dies 2 weeks later. And this isn't the first time something like this has happened!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...d-gray-rough-rides-20150423-story.html#page=2

The article really lays it out for us. One would think that Baltimore would have taken measures to stop these reckless incidents of unsafe driving after having to pay millions in damages for several severe injuries that were caused over the years. The suspect who died from these injuries caused by the practice of "rough riding" is only the latest lawsuit against Baltimore. Now the city is paying dearly for this stupidity. There is never a reason for LE to disregard public safety laws when transporting inmates or suspects.
    All of this given to us from a city that loves gun control laws. Tyrants will always be tyrants. Wherever they may be!

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    The article really lays it out for us. One would think that Baltimore would have taken measures to stop these reckless incidents of unsafe driving after having to pay millions in damages for several severe injuries that were caused over the years. The suspect who died from these injuries caused by the practice of "rough riding" is only the latest lawsuit against Baltimore. Now the city is paying dearly for this stupidity. There is never a reason for LE to disregard public safety laws when transporting inmates or suspects.
    All of this given to us from a city that loves gun control laws. Tyrants will always be tyrants. Wherever they may be!

How's the city paying dearly? Seems like the taxpayers are taking it raw b/c of these police crimes.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    11152678_836649903092703_659700137180440640_n.jpg

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    SLIGUNS,

So that makes the rioting and mayhem ok? The rioters and looters get a pass because of the injustice done to someone? If I remember correctly that is not how the system is designed to work, although things have obviously changed over the last decade or so. Come on, man......

a3fhe5wwq6sts1mn7x8w.jpg

Last edited:

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    SLIGUNS,

So that makes the rioting and mayhem ok? The rioters and looters get a pass because of the injustice done to someone? If I remember correctly that is not how the system is designed to work, although things have obviously changed over the last decade or so. Come on, man......

a3fhe5wwq6sts1mn7x8w.jpg

I'm sorry, why did you take my comments as condoning the rioting?

Sniper56

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    LaPlace
    We can all rest easy. Just watching news and the Rev Jesse Jackson is on scene in Baltimore explaining that unemployment and lack of housing and public services is at the root of the "community response" last night. Pardon me I must go to the bathroom before I get sick.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I live in Baltimore. Things were really rough last night - they've since calmed down because of the National Guard presence (finally). Since we can't have guns here, I went grabbed a bat. I needed something to protect myself with. My building has good security, but people can climb...

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    In every situation there is cause and effect. Our country has lost interest in making this society a better place to live. We should advocate the proper punishment to all that use unjustifiable violence or deadly force again another individual. Uniformed or uniformed. In the last year we've witnessed multiple instances of mob violence. That uncommon for us. We will always have violent people. Some are just wired that way. Let's stop supporting them

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I'm sorry, why did you take my comments as condoning the rioting?

Police handcuff a guy and take him for a "rough ride", snap his spine, crush his throat, and put him in a coma, he dies 2 weeks later. And this isn't the first time something like this has happened!

It was more of a question than a statement, but if I were to read into you post, it could certainly be taken as condoning them, as you left your comment open ended. You made no clear statement either way, with no indication of sarcasm, condemnation or condoning. Like I said, it was more of a question than statement, and a opportunity to drop a meme:D

ajridgedell

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 9, 2015
    Loranger, La
    I'm sure nothing like that would go down in my small redneck town, but as a small business owner I would not tolerate that crap going on! I've busted my ass to get to where I am (which isn't very far lol) and I'm not gunna let some "thugs" destroy it. Whether my actions would be justified, idk, but i'm sure in the moment I wouldn't give a dam.

hkump

Rating - 100%
    315   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    I'm sure nothing like that would go down in my small redneck town, but as a small business owner I would not tolerate that crap going on! I've busted my ass to get to where I am (which isn't very far lol) and I'm not gunna let some "thugs" destroy it. Whether my actions would be justified, idk, but i'm sure in the moment I wouldn't give a dam.

+1, I agree, we all work too damn hard to have thugs destroy our businesses. I think the Milwaukee Sheriff said it right today on foxnews:

Top Bottom