APPLE can suck it.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ronin_Jedi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    US
    You bring up an interesting point that I forgot to consider. Consumer confidence erosion.
    I'm talking specifically about companies, like those scumbags at Lenovo that added that software that Turn the dang phone over to the NSA; that's what they're here for. them to collect data without the consumer knowing about it!

FYI: Lenovo, Huawei, Haier et all are either directly government owned or controlled companies. By the latter I mean the owners have very tight relations with the government (former colleague, marriage, school pal, etc) even if the company is not actually owned by the government - at any level, not just federal.

Huawei stole massive amounts of code from Cisco. GM had its vehicle designs stolen by one of ITS PARTNERS, one that went on to manufacture one of the most popular vehicles in China (years back) WITHOUT ANY compensation to GM. (GM later severed the JV.)

So when it comes to ANY telecomm gear that these companies DESIGN, SOURCE parts for, and MANUFACTURE, I will not buy them. Since I don't use this Sero pad for important personal stuff, I would be okay with using theirs - kinda. But not my phone or main computer/Wi-Fi, etc.

That 'Apples', 'HPs', etc are a bit better IF they control the design and the sourcing of parts. Not to say China can't have suspect parts slipped in, but it's harder on massive scale at the factory. Even our own NSA has intercepted shipments to customers in order to swap parts or embed code in EEPROMs.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Slipknot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2016
    Tom Bean, Texas/Hammond, LA
    As you all could expect, I have come up with a solution that should work for everyone.

Apple makes the backdoor for only the free phones that GW & the Dumbass have so generously donated to the down trodden at our expense! After all, a phone and an internet connection are considered necessities in this age of free ****. However, Apple does as Slipknot suggests, and makes the newer versions equipped with impenetrable encryption for those who actually pay for their own phones.

Apple wins because they continue to dominate the electronics market and the FBI backs off of their lawsuit.
    I win with my privacy, since I pay for my freedom through having to work for a living, taxes, insurance premiums, not breaking the law, and the like anyway.
    The down trodden win, because they get to keep the free **** phones and probably don't care if the government can access their phones since the didn't pay for them anyway.
    And the FBI wins, because the free **** phones belong to the majority of the people that commit crimes in the US anyway.

It's genius! You guys can thank me later! ;)
    I like this!

sent from my DEA work phone

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't care for the federal government ordering private businesses to do its job. They aren't protecting a terrorist, they are protecting your right to privacy- something people seem all too anxious to give away these days.

Agree 100%. Apple is doing the right thing here - otherwise they will end up having to unlock iPhones all the time for any government that asks.

Those willing to give up their liberty for security will end up with neither.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    There are some very valid points in here, albeit quite a bit of paranoia too.

My first instinct is that Apple needs to assist the FBI, the more of these **** heads we can round up the better, especially if they're here among us.

Don't you guys wanna know wtf is on that phone?

Don't you wanna know if the hadji that runs the beer store you shop out, you know the one, he's got those hideous LED lights around all the windows to let other Muzzy's know he's one of them too.

I'm curious AF to know....and maybe it's just that, curiosity and patriotic duty....

Couldn't Apple help out the FBI then make another newer IPHONE that is better and more tamper proof?

I don't feel that wanting to maintain the privacy of my thoughts and conversations is paranoid. It would be nice to know what is on the phone, but I'm not sure it is worth the price. I also think it's more paranoid to assume the convenience store down the street is run by radical Muslims than to acknowledge the possibility that different national security agencies would abuse the power this may give them. I am also curious about what is on the phone, but I see my patriotic duty is to question if forcing access to the phone is appropriate and considering the long term effects on the privacy of American citizens.

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    I'm surprised that so many on this site are in favor of the FBI on this. I expected you guys to want to fight against government corruption, but it seems most are just willing to give the last little bit of freedoms we have left away - not even for security, for "perceived security". Anyway, here's Apple's official legal response:

http://bgr.com/2016/02/25/apple-vs-fbi-legal-filing/

It starts:

“This is not a case about one isolated iPhone,” the filing begins. “Rather, this case is about the Department of Justice and the FBI seeking through the courts a dangerous power that Congress and the American people have withheld: the ability to force companies like Apple to undermine the basic security and privacy interests of hundreds of millions of individuals around the globe.”

Last edited:

Slipknot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2016
    I'm surprised that so many on this site are in favor of the FBI on this. I expected you guys to want to fight against government corruption, but it seems most are just willing to give the last little bit of freedoms we have left away - not even for security, for "perceived security". Anyway, here's Apple's official legal response:

http://bgr.com/2016/02/25/apple-vs-fbi-legal-filing/

It starts:

“This is not a case about one isolated iPhone,” the filing begins. “Rather, this case is about the Department of Justice and the FBI seeking through the courts a dangerous power that Congress and the American people have withheld: the ability to force companies like Apple to undermine the basic security and privacy interests of hundreds of millions of individuals around the globe.”

Last edited:

Slipknot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2016
    Oh people said that about the helmet law and seat belt law....pfffft

The gubmint taking away our freedoms...anyway, great posts in here....

Last edited:

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    Oh people said that about the helmet law and seat belt law....pfffft

The gubmint taking away our freedoms...anyway, great posts in here....

I think it was Ben Franklin who said “Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.” Guess we're there...

BobKaro

Yellow Boxes? Sweet!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Youngsville, LA
    There are some very valid points in here, albeit quite a bit of paranoia too.

My first instinct is that Apple needs to assist the FBI, the more of these **** heads we can round up the better, especially if they're here among us.

Don't you guys wanna know wtf is on that phone?

Don't you wanna know if the hadji that runs the beer store you shop out, you know the one, he's got those hideous LED lights around all the windows to let other Muzzy's know he's one of them too.

I'm curious AF to know....and maybe it's just that, curiosity and patriotic duty....

Couldn't Apple help out the FBI then make another newer IPHONE that is better and more tamper proof?

Maybe you should use that feeling of patriotic duty to worry more about your constitutional rights than what your neighbors are up to...

Just saying.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom