APPLE can suck it.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Ok, please tell me what I need to do.

Start by always be for trying to get this document and it's meaning back in focus in America! It needs help!
    iu

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    "It is a clear truth that those who every day barter away other men's liberty will soon care little for their own" -- James Otis in "The Rights of the British Colonies" (1764).

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    And besides, if you're not a terrorist or pedophile, who gives a **** if you're talking about fingering Mary Jane rotten crotch....no one else does.....I certainly am for catching goat humping **** heads....sounds like a few of you are sympathizers.

sent from my DEA work phone

It sounds a bit like you would want him to give up his privacy.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I have no issues with Apple assisting on a case-by-case basis. This could be done at Apple HQ with the FBI/NSA/DEA/DHS etc. present. But they should not provide a back door to ANYONE to break the encryption.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    I have no issues with Apple assisting on a case-by-case basis. This could be done at Apple HQ with the FBI/NSA/DEA/DHS etc. present. But they should not provide a back door to ANYONE to break the encryption.

But that is not what the FBI wants. They don't want to have to go to Apple with every phone they want to crack. They want the key, that way all they would need is a warrant to go in. A lot quicker and easier for them.

Last edited:

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    But that is not what the FBI wants. They don't want to have to go to Apple with every phone they want to crack. They want the key, that way all they would need is a warrant to go in. A lot quicker and easier for them.

As I said in the other thread, doing so would impact much more than iPhones. It's been a while, but I worked on an electronic health record project that utilized iPads. A version of iOS that could decrypt an iPhone could technically decrypt one of those iPads.

Furthermore, what if said software falls into the wrong hands? Just think about it, you are clearing customs in another country and they request your iPhone just to make sure you don't have anything in violation of that particular country's laws. Next thing you know, they are arresting you for having a song prohibited by their government or a photo that is in violation of laws that you had no idea about.

dirty dan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    ...And besides, if you're not a terrorist or pedophile, who gives a **** if you're talking about fingering Mary Jane rotten crotch....no one else does.....I certainly am for catching goat humping **** heads....sounds like a few of you are sympathizers.

This exactly is the vulgarity where you think it's ok to give up my privacy.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The FBI already knows everything about that dead tango. They just want the keys to the kingdom.
    The FBI already has more power than they need. We do not need to give them anymore.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    ***Yawn

This guy gets it

This thread is full of win!!

If you gentlemen think Uncle Sam isn't reading your posts, listening to your phone calls or data logging your emails, you're living in a fantasy world.

Certain key words will alert databases in agencies....

And besides, if you're not a terrorist or pedophile, who gives a **** if you're talking about fingering Mary Jane rotten crotch....no one else does.....I certainly am for catching goat humping **** heads....sounds like a few of you are sympathizers.

There were probably people in 1775 England saying the same thing.... Who cares if ole Georgie and North can read your letters, you've got nothing to hide..... do you? Are you for registration of your firearms too?

Top Bottom