Ban on employers prohibiting guns in cars.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CAB39

Slowpoke Rodriguez
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    South Louisiana
    at my work they will allow us to keep guns in our car only if we register it with the hr person. we have to give them caliber, serial number, and amount of ammunition. we are supposed to do this with any gun and ammunition we plan on having in our car at work. i have yet to register anything i just tuck mine away good.

My company requires the same information if I want to keep a gun in my vehicle.

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    at my work they will allow us to keep guns in our car only if we register it with the hr person. we have to give them caliber, serial number, and amount of ammunition. we are supposed to do this with any gun and ammunition we plan on having in our car at work. i have yet to register anything i just tuck mine away good.

And do not do so..... You are not required to do that and I think I know who you work for. I have read a "company policy" that must be approved by a governing body and that governing body is not happy and may make them take that out.

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    I'd check the law carefully. Using your personal vehicle to deliver could be different than parking your car for the day.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I would specifically get the base commander to write a letter if you want to carry or store your gun while on a .mil/gov or your in for a world of hurt if you get caught with it..

if you make friends with the sp/mp guys then maybe if you visit on deliveries it wont matter but I would not do it..

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Thats what I'm trying to figure out. Theres a company policy about it...but I'm wondering about real laws.

Even if the law seems simple and easy to understand it's still a good idea to talk to a lawyer in a case like that. Unfortunately as a good guy, the burden of navigating the legal system is very oppressive.

henry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    My work has both types of parking lots, one controlled by a guard with a gate and the other, which is accessable from the street, no fence around it at all.
    The company policy reads very clearly NO FIREARMS ON COMPANY PROPERTY. I understand that the parking lot that is not controlled, I should be allowed to keep a gun in my vehicle by the state law, but the policy reads none on company property and they own that property.

Right now I am not willing to challenge that in court, even if I would win, they would find a reason to fire me later. There again, this is Louisiana, they can fire you because they don't like the way you part your hair.
    In this economy, I think that the rational thought process would be, keep it in the vehicle and just shut up about it,...

Ignorance is bliss!

gmshooter

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    328   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Gramercy La.
    My company Motiva/shell has just allowed us to carry in vehicles provided doors are locked and you cannot see the weapon. I think some employees at a sister site started a lawsuit and made them rethink their choice

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    What if I am CCing in my car, while on my employer's parking lot.
    And my gun prints real bad, and then some cop pulls up and threatens to diassemble my piece because I have a Hero Hog for president bumper sticker on my car, and a book of oilfield rules for gun owners by Posse on my front seat?

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    For those in the Petrochemical world. There are no federal regulations that prohibit any firearm on a facility. The facilities try to place a firearm ban in there Federal Security Plan, that is submitted to the USCG. THe USCG reviews and approves the plan and I can tell you with absolute certainty that there are no regualtions on firearms in the federal regs.

Title 33 Code of Federal Regualtions 105 that's 33CFR105
    http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_10/33cfr105_10.html

But what companies try to do is write the requirement in and have it sneak by the USCG. The USCG mainly checks to ensure the requirements of the regs are in the plan, but many companies "sneak" in items that violate its employees rights.

Top Bottom