Bayou Shooter Handgun Classifieds.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    What may be high for some may not be for others. Economics 101. Prices are based on what people are willing to pay.

Being butt hurt about what people want for their item won’t change anything. Sit back and let economics work and the price may fix itself. Then again, if someone really wants it, you may lose out.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    What may be high for some may not be for others. Economics 101. Prices are based on what people are willing to pay.

Being butt hurt about what people want for their item won’t change anything. Sit back and let economics work and the price may fix itself. Then again, if someone really wants it, you may lose out.
    They dont seem to understand that here.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA

The problem with that thought process is that the folks who it isnt high for likely cant purchase them new... there is no real reason you can dream up to explain selling a pistol for more than one can purchase a new one for other than catering to individuals who cant legally purchase one new in a store with a bavkground check. I'll be waiting for just one GOOD reason.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    The problem with that thought process is that the folks who it isnt high for likely cant purchase them new... there is no real reason you can dream up to explain selling a pistol for more than one can purchase a new one for other than catering to individuals who cant legally purchase one new in a store with a bavkground check. I'll be waiting for just one GOOD reason.
    It has been some time but they used to have ads posted regularly that were over retail new for used and stated something close to.

Glock whatever shot 400-500 rounds. So I have broken it in so no need to. Uncle Mike holster and half box ammo.

So the assumption was. They spent the time and money on all that ammo and broke it in. So you are saving money on ammo and have a reliable weapon I assume. Plus you get this great sub par holster to open carry and be an instant deep. Plus the half to full box of FMJ ammo so you have a compleate starter kit.

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    ... I'll be waiting for just one GOOD reason.
    I personally like the idea of some of my acquisitions not being recorded. Some don't like to acknowledge the truth, but a 4473 is a de-facto registration of purchases with the local dealer being the file clerk.

With that said, I have yet to pay full retail for used. Hell, I don't even like paying full retail for new!

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    I personally like the idea of some of my acquisitions not being recorded. Some don't like to acknowledge the truth, but a 4473 is a de-facto registration of purchases with the local dealer being the file clerk.

With that said, I have yet to pay full retail for used. Hell, I don't even like paying full retail for new!
    If anyone on here really believes a purchase between 2 individuals over an internet forum isn't recorded they are sorely mistaken. Every single thing you type on here or any other forum etc. is retained even if you go back and edit it later.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    If anyone on here really believes a purchase between 2 individuals over an internet forum isn't recorded they are sorely mistaken. Every single thing you type on here or any other forum etc. is retained even if you go back and edit it later.
    This is why I wear my foil hat, and say nothing but nice things about those fine young public servants at the NSA.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    This is why I wear my foil hat, and say nothing but nice things about those fine young public servants at the NSA.
    I second this. I work in IT. I am a programmer. Everything you type online is recorded and everything you say within listening distance of your smart phone is being listened too. Want proof, start talking about buying something near your phone then watch the online ads start following you about what you were talking about.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I second this. I work in IT. I am a programmer. Everything you type online is recorded and everything you say within listening distance of your smart phone is being listened too. Want proof, start talking about buying something near your phone then watch the online ads start following you about what you were talking about.
    Yea, but, . . . , In order for it to matter, I've got to care. I know I'm probably on several lists. I just don't care.
    If they've got nothing better to do than to spy on me, they've got a dull job. I'd pity them.

But hey, . . . , That's not the fine public servants at the NSA. That's those other alphabet people who couldn't make the NSA cut.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Hmm, so should I make a recording about how much I LOVE our government and all its agencies and play it over and over near my phone? :D

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Hmm, so should I make a recording about how much I LOVE our government and all its agencies and play it over and over near my phone? :D
    Just don't say anything good about those POGS at the FBI. They couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag with a compass and a map.

Not like those fine, intelligent people at the NSA.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Yea, but, . . . , In order for it to matter, I've got to care. I know I'm probably on several lists. I just don't care.
    If they've got nothing better to do than to spy on me, they've got a dull job. I'd pity them.

But hey, . . . , That's not the fine public servants at the NSA. That's those other alphabet people who couldn't make the NSA cut.
    Hate to break it to you, but those Alphabet people are way more tech savy than the federal government. Which is why the feds use them.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The foolproof recipe for BS handgun classified ads goes something like this:

1. Buy a stock Glock. Pay full MSRP for it.
    2. Install a lot of aftermarket parts in it.
    3. Make irreversible physical alterations to the gun such as undercutting or stippling. Cerakoting the slide is also a good idea. Barrel should be yet another different color.
    4. Don't actually shoot it.
    5. List it on BS for an exorbitant price.

Mike

Top Bottom