Benefir AR15 Raffle Winner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    Thanks Spanky for thread info on the Duck Lodge Forum, I am holding onto hope that this is a geniune deal for a helpful cause, went to church last weekend, AMEN, but do have my rope / horse on standby, LOL

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    I really don't think that it was a scam, I just think he got in too deep with everything. He should've accepted the help that was extended to him. I really do hope this turns out well...

Last edited:

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    Hey, he could have had someone created a running excel document as the tickets were sold and kept a saved copy on photobucket link for everyone to see, it would have taken 10 minutes to set up, there would have been no problems or questions, hell I would have been the admn for it, then the drawing could have been videotaped with any digital camera with his little girl and let her hold the ticket up and then post the MPEG up on photobucket as well within 5 mins for everyone to see, he could have had a local police officer or Bayoushooter member there, this would have been so easy

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    There are many ways to pic #'s, I posted a link to an online number generator
    It's not that hard to keep track of names to tickets, or have someone else do it.

I disputed my charges today. Done. What a shame, but it happens

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    This is surely disconcerting.

The worst part is that I publicly offered to have him send me the tickets and I would have a witness and video tape the drawing.

In hindsight, I'm glad I didn't because at that time I didn't know he hadn't kept track of 100% of the tickets.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Is anyone planning to contact the authorities?? La. consumer fraud dept or w monroe bunco squad??[/I]

I hardly think thats the way to go. I just think he miss handled the whole thing. edit;I'm hoping so anyway
    For me it started when he asked if he should sell more tickets (because someone told him he should) had he done that I'd have been out right then. You are only as good as your word and I'm not seeing to much I'm comfortable with in this whole deal.

Oh well

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I've initiated a paypal complaint as well. Should he inform us publicly of who the winner is (so it can be verified) then I'll be happy. If he doesn't, I'll contact the appropriate authorities. Now, we all say that this is for a great cause - but is this really that person? Or is this a long con (the Duck Lodge started in 09/07)? I have no problem in just donating. The rifle was an added bonus. However, if there was never an intention, at any time, to not follow thru - he should be punished.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I just called him.

I told him who I was, that I bought AR raffle ticket and would like an update. He said he is on the road ( I could tell from background noise he was driving). He said he should be back by monday and post on here. I made him aware of the "concern" arising from some of us. He asked me to post that he will pick another number this friday, but that he will also post an update on everything here on monday.

I left it at that, I didn't press too much or ask many questions. I will wait for his post on monday.

I was about to start a a paypal dispute myself, but when I read that I should try to make contact with the person, I called him. We'll see what happens on monday. If by tuesday night he doesn't post an update, then it's time to let the dogs loose.

nola_

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    i think there is reason for a valid concern, but I don't think it will get to the point you describe.

jeauxm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Here's my $.02

Here is what I think should be done.

FIRST - everyone MUST stop saying "oh - it's alright - he's having a bad time, blah blah blah". Everytime one of us says that this guy decides to "put off" doing something for another 7 to 10 days.

SECOND - I think that PENGUIN (the moderator for this forum) should be contacted by Chris and a FULL explaination should be provided (and posted).
    Don't just post some 1/2 sentence that doesn't have any specific information.

CHRIS should pick the new number on Monday and post it in this forum. His last communication on the forum stated he would pick on FRIDAY at 5 pm - that time has come and gone.

I do not see any reason why it should take until another Friday when he is going to be back on Monday (if that is even true).

If Chris is unable to show some good faith in doing this right - he should contact PENGUIN to discuss this for help. NO MORE PUTTING THIS OFF.

CHRIS - You have yourself posted many times on this forum that YOU will do things by a certain time and date. You have failed on EVERY ONE of them.

I can NOT stress enough that you (Chris) follow through with this. If not - it will be out of our hands because several members of this forum and others are poised to do the RIGHT THING. You have been given more than ample amounts of chances.

Do you understand ?

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Here is what I think should be done.

FIRST - everyone MUST stop saying "oh - it's alright - he's having a bad time, blah blah blah". Everytime one of us says that this guy decides to "put off" doing something for another 7 to 10 days.

SECOND - I think that PENGUIN (the moderator for this forum) should be contacted by Chris and a FULL explaination should be provided (and posted).
    Don't just post some 1/2 sentence that doesn't have any specific information.

CHRIS should pick the new number on Monday and post it in this forum. His last communication on the forum stated he would pick on FRIDAY at 5 pm - that time has come and gone.

I do not see any reason why it should take until another Friday when he is going to be back on Monday (if that is even true).

If Chris is unable to show some good faith in doing this right - he should contact PENGUIN to discuss this for help. NO MORE PUTTING THIS OFF.

CHRIS - You have yourself posted many times on this forum that YOU will do things by a certain time and date. You have failed on EVERY ONE of them.

I can NOT stress enough that you (Chris) follow through with this. If not - it will be out of our hands because several members of this forum and others are poised to do the RIGHT THING. You have been given more than ample amounts of chances.

Do you understand ?

i agree with you 100%. but i also believe in personal responsibility.

coltaholic

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Tampa Bay, florida
    We have only his word, the value of which is seriosly degraded, that only 200 tickets were sold. The B S community can learn a great lesson from this--any future charities or raffles will need to be monitored by an outsider before they will be considered.

Last edited:

jeauxm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Some info on site "THEDUCKLODGE.COM"

Here is some information (below) that I "Looked Up" for the other website "TheDuckLodge.com" where there was a second raffle in progress.

The site was originally created on 22-AUG-2007 and was updated on 22-AUG-2008 (yesterday). I think that someone forget to "renew" the domain name registation (ie - pay for it). It is not set to expire until 22-AUG-2009 so GoDaddy "parked" it - if the owner pays the fee it will come back. I don't believe it was deleted. If I can find the IP address (I am still looking) I can recopy the web site in case it is need for the authorities (just in case). I think I have it copied along with this forum back when the tix started to sell.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
    with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
    for detailed information.

Domain Name: THEDUCKLODGE.COM
    Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
    Name Server: NS25.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    Name Server: NS26.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    Updated Date: 23-aug-2008
    Creation Date: 22-aug-2007
    Expiration Date: 22-aug-2009

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom