Bitcoin bonanza

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’m not exactky a BTC fanboy per se, (XRP actually) although I’m still making money on it, but check out the Silk Road. Some of you may remember how a guy started an internet black market and BTC absolutely became a strong currency overnight. The government shut down the Silk Road, but BTC is still alive and well. In the interest of the world going cashless and going to a digital dollar, cryptocurrency, CBDC or whatever you may want to call it, the smart bet would be to buy any crypto that is geared toward facilitating the use and moving of those digital currencies. Do your own research. We are entering a bull run that will likely take us into 2025. There are different opinions as to when we will make the transition, but it’s widely accepted that we will go completely digital in this decade.
    I’ve already cashed in on a 10x and tucked away a nice sum and used some to set up for the coming run during the big dip over the past 2 years. I could cash out now at a minimum 4x, but what would be the fun in that? Hodling on through the next year and expecting to pay Uncle Sam, but at least it’ll mostly be long term CG’s.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I watched the 12mins. He said that people dont use the corner of a building to buy a pizza, or some
    such statement, and people do use the value of real tangible assets to buy things all the time. It was a false argument to make Bitcoin seem special. It's a tracked finite fiat digital currency that is emerging into the markets and it is attractive to a lot of people. Its value comes from the same interest and faith as paper fiat dollars, but unless you have a BTC token you have to hold it in a wallet on cloud or on memory/storage, or paper.

I'm not really hating on it, or the dude, just saying he made a BS argument. But he has TONS of BTC, and personal interest, so I understand why he's trying to sell it.

I do the same with food/utility trees vs pure ornamental when people consult with me. My interest is in fed/sustained neighbors, so I push such things.
    BTC stays on the blockchain, with other Cryptocurrencies. You have a claim to what you buy, but you can either leave the exchange in charge of it (custodian) or you can lock it up on the blockchain and hold the keys that are your hardwallet. I’ve seen people with a physical “token” that may represent BTC, but I’m not aware of that being worth anything. You don’t actually store the crypto on your drive. You store the passkey to control, move or sell. When you hear about BTC being traceable, it’s all about the tag or address on the amount of BTC in question. This is the equivalent of writing your name on it. It can even be an email address.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    I watched the 12mins.

I think he is making the distinction between selling Bitcoin vs holding for 100 years and generating wealth for your future grand-childrens' children. The lady was stuck on, at some point you sell it right, to make a profit. And he's like no, that's what an idiot would do right now.

He's worth billions so he's essentially making a pitch to other billionaires. Other filthy rich people don't hold dollars, they hold assets that appreciate in value (land, gold, rare collectibles) and he makes the pitch that Bitcoin is a better asset than all others.

I'm sure you understand all of this, so i'm probably wasting my breath. When he says you can't spend a half of a building, he is pointing out - A - You dont sell your best asset for dollars (rather you likely borrow against it for dollars) and B - Bitcoin is more unique than a building in NYC b/c you can take it with you anywhere and send it to anyone anywhere in the world without anyone's permission with way less costs/maintenance.

That's the way I saw it anyways, based on a lot of his materials i've seen over the years.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    BTC stays on the blockchain, with other Cryptocurrencies. You have a claim to what you buy, but you can either leave the exchange in charge of it (custodian) or you can lock it up on the blockchain and hold the keys that are your hardwallet. I’ve seen people with a physical “token” that may represent BTC, but I’m not aware of that being worth anything. You don’t actually store the crypto on your drive. You store the passkey to control, move or sell. When you hear about BTC being traceable, it’s all about the tag or address on the amount of BTC in question. This is the equivalent of writing your name on it. It can even be an email address.
    This is about the physical coin, they have been around for a long time & were used as gifts and handouts to promote BTC when it was worth much less.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I was still buying Jasmy on Coinbase a few on Crypto.com, Kucoin and Kraken, but mostly buy on Uphold because that’s the only place I ever bought XRP. I buy from them, but I never leave anything on exchanges if I can help it. I use hardwallets to store my keys. Ledger and Tangem both work well for me. I am not a day trader.
    This just went right over my head lol

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    Interesting to watch Blackrock (and other large asset managers) buying more and more BTC -wondering if they're positioning themselves and their clientele for "the future of money" (Michael Saylor). Wish I'd been a bit (no pun) smarter about my crypto hobby -we built mining rigs and watched them making a few bucks an hour at most, then after a year we parted them out not smart enough to look hard at the graphics hardware that was actually the backbone -could've easily bought 100 shares of Nvidia when the stock was $40. Today that'd been $30k profit in the jar today. A friend that's smarter and much more focused has bought and sold at optimum timing ...new house and cars all paid in full with crypto profits. He cashed out 100% a few years ago and he called me this week said "buy BTC, all you can afford, before April".

rcourv7

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 24, 2019
    Baton Rouge
    Interesting to watch Blackrock (and other large asset managers) buying more and more BTC -wondering if they're positioning themselves and their clientele for "the future of money" (Michael Saylor). Wish I'd been a bit (no pun) smarter about my crypto hobby -we built mining rigs and watched them making a few bucks an hour at most, then after a year we parted them out not smart enough to look hard at the graphics hardware that was actually the backbone -could've easily bought 100 shares of Nvidia when the stock was $40. Today that'd been $30k profit in the jar today. A friend that's smarter and much more focused has bought and sold at optimum timing ...new house and cars all paid in full with crypto profits. He cashed out 100% a few years ago and he called me this week said "buy BTC, all you can afford, before April".
    Should I trust in your buddy’s crystal ball? Been discouraged to buy since Binance stole everything from me years and years ago.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Funny you mentioned Nvidia. One of only a small handful of stocks that I ever bought. I just cashed out about a third, which was all I had owned for over a year. I’ll try to keep the rest til it’s a year old just to save on the CG’s. That was a nice quick 3x for almost no work. Everything tells me we’ve peaked, but maybe my luck will holdout. Seems like I owe Uncle Sam more every year.
    The EFT pushed the BTC price up a little early, before the halving pump even had a chance to hit. Regardless of where BTC ends up in a couple years, I absolutely do believe it’s going to keep reaching highs that people will freak over before any crash happens. I think they intend to pump it to the moon. Might as well take some of that money.
    I’m bought in pretty good at the moment across the board on tokens that have actual use cases and are “solving problems” as they say. Some were sleepers that are still cheap but are already making me smile.
    Jasmy, Kaspa, Aurora, Flare, Algorand, RNDR, QRDO and a couple others that never got much attention have already begun to make me money (when I decide to take profits) while the popular ISO tokens are already working their way into the financial system. Somewhere over the next 1-2 years I plan on clearing most of my portfolio and saving the few that will make for a steady passive income. If you guys think the last bull cycle was something, wait until this utility driven run gets up to steam. These are very exciting times. If you bought in over the past year or two during the “blood in the streets” dip, you stand a good chance to make some crazy money. People trying to buy in now doing small amounts, grasping at green candles will likely be left wanting.

Last edited:

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    GIs-pVZXcAA1mtg

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members