BR "Sign Nazi" grabs shrimp seller's sign, and then......this happens.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zbaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    LOL, that is right by my house! So, the real question...Does the guy driving the truck have the right to shoot this guy off of his hood? Or, does the guy on the hood have that right?

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I saw that this morning; That's hilarious!

But more than that; No one is charged? For anything? :eek4:

Shrimp guy "Hey, I am going to jump on this stranger's truck and be driven around and possibley killed!"

Truck driver "Hey, I am going to fly down the street with this stranger clinging to the hood of my truck, and he could be killed if he flies off!"

Come on LEO's, There has to be some offense here?!? This is insane. Oh, and insanely funny.

Heat, you have to get that to Tosh.0. I gaurantee it would make the show!

If someone purposely jumps on my hood there is a good chance I am not stopping.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Even very suddenly?

Alpine, how can there not be any charges against one or both of them. I mean, if someone did this as a joyride prank; wouldn't the driver get a reckless endangerment charge or reckless something? And if the Sign Nazi was just in his confiscation of said sign; couldn't he press charges on said shrimp guy?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    If its the guy i'm thinking of on coursey right before stumberg, he sells shrimp, watermelons, oranges, fruit trees and all kinds of other stuff out of his driveway, and has been for several years.
    My work is around 45 seconds past said house and I see him every day. I almost stopped and bought one of his trees. I assumed that he would have a license to sell stuff since he does it year round, haha! The signs are on this guys private property so I don't really see how someone could get out, grab the sign, put it in their truck, and then drive off without breaking any laws. As for the guy jumping on the hood and staying on it all the way to the police station...wtf? That's at least one and a half miles away. Did the guy stop at the light @ Sherwood?

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    The "No charges filed" explanation is easy. After having the various applicable charges explained, both parties agreed not to pursue against each other, and the reporting officer/deputy got to do less paperwork.

Although they don't give much info about the "sign Nazi" guy, I've encountered his type before, and they really get under my skin. I can't stand people who self-appoint themselves as the world's savior from some petty perceived nuisance that is their personal pet peeve and they think society should be so grateful for their efforts. We've got one jackhole where I work that calls to complain because he knows the ice cream man driving through his neighborhood doesn't have a city issued permit, because he has called and confirmed, and then called us and followed the guy while on the phone to make sure we knew where he was so he could be stopped. To me, that is the ultimate level of douchebaggery. We used to frequently get calls about guys selling produce from pickups for the same reason, always from people who sold at a weekly farmer's market or from city permit functionary that would call us instead of just informing the person themselves. We even had one guy that drove around the streets of the apartment development where he lived and called with addresses where people were parked in the street facing the wrong direction, insistent that we should ticket every one of them for parking illegally. Mind you, it is technically a violation to park your vehicle facing the wrong way, but this guy had no stake in the situation as he was calling about people blocks away from his own driveway, and facing the wrong way really doesn't present any serious hazard. One guy, who takes pride in his claim of having participated in the creation of a section of our local noise ordinance, used to call us if the garbage truck picked up the dumpster from a nearby business mere seconds before his clock showed 6:00am, and his usual rationale was that it was waking his wife and son. We would frequently see this same guy at local diners before 6:30am, and the son whose delicate state he was so concerned for was 37 years old.

So I guess I got just a little off track of the post, but that "sign Nazi" thing just set me to rantin'. People like that really grind my gears.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Alpine, how can there not be any charges against one or both of them. I mean, if someone did this as a joyride prank; wouldn't the driver get a reckless endangerment charge or reckless something? And if the Sign Nazi was just in his confiscation of said sign; couldn't he press charges on said shrimp guy?

My guess:
    Popo: hey, shrimp guy, if he puts charges on you do you want to put charges on him.
    Shrimp guy: hell yea I do.
    Popo: hey driver, if shrimp guy puts charges on you, do you want to put charges n him?
    Driver: hell yea.
    Popo: ok, I can either charge both of y'all, or neither of y'all.
    Driver and shrimp: neither
    Shrimp guy: popo, can I have a ride home?
    Popo: haha, no.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The "No charges filed" explanation is easy. After having the various applicable charges explained, both parties agreed not to pursue against each other, and the reporting officer/deputy got to do less paperwork.

Although they don't give much info about the "sign Nazi" guy, I've encountered his type before, and they really get under my skin. I can't stand people who self-appoint themselves as the world's savior from some petty perceived nuisance that is their personal pet peeve and they think society should be so grateful for their efforts. We've got one jackhole where I work that calls to complain because he knows the ice cream man driving through his neighborhood doesn't have a city issued permit, because he has called and confirmed, and then called us and followed the guy while on the phone to make sure we knew where he was so he could be stopped. To me, that is the ultimate level of douchebaggery. We used to frequently get calls about guys selling produce from pickups for the same reason, always from people who sold at a weekly farmer's market or from city permit functionary that would call us instead of just informing the person themselves. We even had one guy that drove around the streets of the apartment development where he lived and called with addresses where people were parked in the street facing the wrong direction, insistent that we should ticket every one of them for parking illegally. Mind you, it is technically a violation to park your vehicle facing the wrong way, but this guy had no stake in the situation as he was calling about people blocks away from his own driveway, and facing the wrong way really doesn't present any serious hazard. One guy, who takes pride in his claim of having participated in the creation of a section of our local noise ordinance, used to call us if the garbage truck picked up the dumpster from a nearby business mere seconds before his clock showed 6:00am, and his usual rationale was that it was waking his wife and son. We would frequently see this same guy at local diners before 6:30am, and the son whose delicate state he was so concerned for was 37 years old.

So I guess I got just a little off track of the post, but that "sign Nazi" thing just set me to rantin'. People like that really grind my gears.
    I couldn't agree any more. Busy-body people who have nothing better to do than pester others get on my last nerve as well. The ones that get on my last nerve are the busy body old ladies that come up to my bank and pester me to fix random policies or procedures that I have no control over...and then when I tell them that they want the number of people they can call to complain too. I don't get it. People that just want to get attention are just annoying .

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Sign Nazi / Truck Guy sounds like a serious dickhead. He's lucky that Shrimp Man didn't get seriously injured or killed in that little stunt. Jumping on the hood was an instant act of stupidity that could damage property or himself, but driving down Sherwood, hanging a right on Coursey, etc. with someone on the hood of your vehicle, who is not trying to kill you, is a continuous and very dangerous act that could easily kill someone. Funny and weird story, but what a frickin' Ahole.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    When it comes to the small stuff, I'm a 'mind your own f'in business' kinda guy.

I agree with the idea that this is the type of stupid **** that can develop when some people DON'T.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I know it wasn't your point, but I think he just went straight down coursey.

Nah... He's definitely passing in front of Albasha, the UPS Store and Capital One on Sherwood, veering over and slowing down to take a right onto Coursey. For years, I owned a business in that shopping center and my brother worked at that bank when it was Hibernia.

When it comes to the small stuff, I'm a 'mind your own f'in business' kinda guy.

I agree with the idea that this is the type of stupid **** that can develop when some people DON'T.

10-4

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom