Buffer Zone Suggestion Thread ** Official

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J

jayd

More confirmation that the end is nigh, in 2012....

#1BamBam shows up at the BZ and the 1st thing he starts shooting is an AR !

:D

Good seeing you and thanks for letting the youngsters I had brought, run a few drums thru your Saiga 12

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    It was a fun day indeed.

tumblr_ljuysayHss1qb13xjo1_500.jpg

SCAR17S

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Terrytown/Gretna
    went today. had a lovely selection of trash and jugs to pick off as usual. the bz never disappoints. unless they've got 5 people sittting in lawn chairs shooting .22 rifles. I usually break out something in a semi automatic .308 at this point. everyone seems to have had their fill of .22 shooting at this point.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I bring my .22 to the BZ most times when I go. I shoot my 7.62x54 and my 5.54mm, but I usually end up with the .22. I don't know. It just kind of relaxes me to be able to shoot essentially for free. Glad to hear you had a good time out there. Gotta get out there, myself.

Ryan316

My way or the highway
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Kenner, LA
    My friends & I were out there yesterday. Had a geat time. They had 2 other groups of people shooting out there but everyone was nice & courteous. Lol, it is getting pretty dirty out there though.

Ryan316

My way or the highway
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Kenner, LA
    When we got there, there were 2 different groups of people shooting about 60-75 feet from the road itself, so we just set up by them. We all shooting in the direction of the berm, but were nowhere near it if that makes sense. There was a bit of wet mud to the far right side of the area downrange but it looked ok by the berm from what I could see.

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    kay. so I went out to the BZ with some people this weekend and we were there for about 40 minutes or so, and almost as soon as another group pulls in a shirtless man pulls up in a silver looking car... next thing he you know he gets out, passed everyone up and accosted me, with his long filthy hair,typical meth head look, body tattooed everywhere with waffen SS tattoos on his neck asking me about what we were doing out there, claiming to be with the wildlife & fisheries and trying to put on some sort of act to get us to leave. I tried to keep myself from laughing as he was telling me this but I was also scared as **** at the same time.

I stood my ground with him and told him we had permission and I guess he just figured whatever the hell he was trying wouldn't work and he left.

I know it sounds crazy but that's what this man did... anyone else encounter him?

my first encounter with this guy actually predates this incident when he came into my work, except he had a shirt on and seemed a lot more sane save for the SS tattoos on his neck that were visible.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    kay. so I went out to the BZ with some people this weekend and we were there for about 40 minutes or so, and almost as soon as another group pulls in a shirtless man pulls up in a silver looking car... next thing he you know he gets out, passed everyone up and accosted me, with his long filthy hair,typical meth head look, body tattooed everywhere with waffen SS tattoos on his neck asking me about what we were doing out there, claiming to be with the wildlife & fisheries and trying to put on some sort of act to get us to leave. I tried to keep myself from laughing as he was telling me this but I was also scared as **** at the same time.

I stood my ground with him and told him we had permission and I guess he just figured whatever the hell he was trying wouldn't work and he left.

I know it sounds crazy but that's what this man did... anyone else encounter him?

my first encounter with this guy actually predates this incident when he came into my work, except he had a shirt on and seemed a lot more sane save for the SS tattoos on his neck that were visible.

I really wish you would have took a picture of this guy...

JR1572

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    I really wish you would have took a picture of this guy...

JR1572
    same here. I had my phone pulled out telling him I could give sergeant borja a call to confirm that we are allowed to shoot, but didnt think to take a picture. maybe someone in the other group did and hopefully they're on bayoushooter too.

SR-NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Where is the BZ shooting area located? Would like to go out there this Friday morning or weekend.

Top Bottom