Buffer Zone Suggestion Thread ** Official

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adam490

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Hammond, LA
    Been out there a few times myself here lately. Fun place to shoot and you get the place pretty much to yourself during the week if you go in the morning. It still amazes me the things people decide to shoot; the Game of LIFE for instance, lol. I guess after shooting their car stereo, flat screen TV, and pounding a case of Busch, LIFE just wasn't cutting it anymore.

flatswitch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Went out there with some friends Saturday afternoon, had a good time. Took a sheet of ballistic paneling out there and everything we brought couldn't get through it! Left it out there for someone else to try and puncture. panel 1, us 0.

GoKill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Went to BZ2-3 Sunday. My first time finding the place. Would have been a help to know you can only get there the back way. (so to speak) I was trying to access it from behind the rest area and the road that runs next to it.

Anyway, if folks don't stop shooting EVERYTHING in site Hancock County Sheriff is going to shut it down. I'm very surprised the headstones at the point cemetery were not shot up although I didn't inspect them well, as some probably have been targeted. The spot across form the cemetery was just littered with shotgun casings and trash. I mean do folks really need to site in there shotguns? I don't get it..... I really didn't feel comfortable enough to shoot there. Respect for the deceased I guess...

However the other spot across form the big field looks good. But if folks don't use the heads they will shut it down as well.

You guys coming from da nola, seems like your going way out of the way to shoot. I live over here now, about 10 miles from BZ2-3 but I'm from the westbank. There's plenty of places to go over on the westbank. Bellechase, Lafitte, etc. That's where I would always shoot. In fact IMO the police are WAY MORE tolerate of shooting in La. These redneck PD can be quite the A-holes. They threaten to take my M4 and fine me 500 bones for just "Heading" to shoot at the original BZ. and we're just across the interstate form there. All it will take is for someone to complain and they will start running us off. and for being in the middle of the woods. it sure is hard to find a good place to shoot. All the land is either owned by NASA or the deer clubs.... Just saying...

Anyway, hope to see some of you guys out there...

sero

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    nola
    I really enjoyed being out of a range and in the middle of nowhere, but I do agree it is a far drive from nola. are the places you're talking about on the west bank ranges? the high point range says they're only open on the weekend and open for shotgun shooting Only. trying to find another place closer to home if you have any suggestions.

sero

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    nola
    You must haven't of been out there lately. It may not look like a huge hole in that picture but unless you have agoddamn monster truck (which would be awesome)- you ain't crossin over that ditch.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    I was out there today and I wish I could catch the ******* that takes hardrives and other computer parts along with automotive seats to dump there.The trash dident even have holes they were just dumped.I dont know who cleaned it up and made the nice backstop but appreciate what they did and would hate for them to get tired of the dumping and stop us from shooting there.There arent many areas that will allow you to set up practice courses and shoot for free.If I ever see someone dumping there Ill get pics of there vehicle along with the tag# and cal the popos on them quick.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Bam, someone left a perfectly good hard drive out there? And didn't shoot it?
    Plug it in, maybe you can find their name & address (and credit card #)! Send them a bill for littering from Stennis?

aguero83

shooting cause i can ...
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    slidell,la
    The bz is back up and running for shooting again? I haven't been out there in over a year after I heard they were running folks off? Let me know I loved shooting out there and in need of sighting in my rifles.

Top Bottom