Chipolte Restaurant added to list of restaurants than ban guns thaks to these two!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    BoA8k96IUAAJodY.jpg

Fat Man and Little Boy

IronMan2015

All Blacked Out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2013
    Mandeville, LA
    It's these types of actions that fuel the fire for anti-gunners. There is no reason for carrying those rifles in to a Chipotle, or any restaurant for that matter.

Not to mention, I doubt either of them have the training, nor the ability, to handle those rifles in a manner to be considered effective in an active shooter or "SHTF" scenario. Joker on the right doesn't look strong enough to be holding that SKS, let alone bringing it up into firing position. He would either tip over from the weight before getting a round off or fly backwards from the recoil.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Tubby probably has to carry that at all times just to keep himself fed. Can't risk missing out on any "meals of opportunity."

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Its right by LSU across the street from the chimes. I don't care for it, but a lot of people swear by it. I am not really a fast food fan and I consider it fast food. Its just like izzos just not as "good", if that's what you want to call izzos.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

Isn't that the old Serrano's?

Yeah, I don't get by Izzo's very often- but those things are like a small sleeping bag. Lol

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I'm an open carry advocate and a founding member of LOCAL - and even I think these guys are out of line. What they did is not what the OC movement has been about. We want people to see firearm owners in a positive light, and dressing shabbily while carrying scary rifles around isn't the way to do that. It's one of the things LOCAL stresses - dress nice, act respectfully, and properly keep your weapon holstered. The public is NOT ready for people carrying long guns everywhere.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Isn't that the old Serrano's?

Yeah, I don't get by Izzo's very often- but those things are like a small sleeping bag. Lol

Serrano's is down the street from Chimes but on the same side. Chipotle is across and down from Chimes. It's very near Five Guys and the Capital One. You're not missing anything.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Serrano's is down the street from Chimes but on the same side. Chipotle is across and down from Chimes. It's very near Five Guys and the Capital One. You're not missing anything.

Ahh, ok. No, I suspect I'm not....Chimes St and me just don't see eye to eye...:dogkeke:

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge

Serranos is gone. Sold. I forgot what it's about to become though.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    why is that?

Appearances are everything. If a bunch of really ripped, clean cut guys all wearing tucked in polos go somewhere with a gun on their hip, people will likely not notice...and if they do, they probably won't care. Change it to people that look "otherwise" and people will notice. I know it's not really politically correct to say such a thing, but it is true in pretty much any industry and is kind of marketing 101. People judge others all the time and an initial assessment based on how someone looks (size, dress, cleanliness, etc) plays a big part into what comes next.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Appearances are everything. If a bunch of really ripped, clean cut guys all wearing tucked in polos go somewhere with a gun on their hip, people will likely not notice...and if they do, they probably won't care. Change it to people that look "otherwise" and people will notice. I know it's not really politically correct to say such a thing, but it is true in pretty much any industry and is kind of marketing 101. People judge others all the time and an initial assessment based on how someone looks (size, dress, cleanliness, etc) plays a big part into what comes next.

apples to oranges IMO. if the fat guy was in a polo with a gun on his hip I wouldn't notice him before I noticed a ripped clean cut guy in a boonie hat and yellow lensed glasses slinging the AR.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    yeah but youre not most of the population and most people make up their minds about others rather quick and we live in an increasingly shallow culture

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I've been fat.

I've been fit.

What I'm about to say is echoed by hundreds of weight loss clients over the years as well: fit people are treated better than fat people. You don't have to like it or agree with it, it's just true. And when I say "treated better" - i mean everywhere, and by everyone.

Drew Barrymore did an interview while filming "Shallow Hal"- when she went to her hotel bar the evening before her 6-hour "makeover" she got free drinks, compliments, flirty chat from the bartender, etc- and she was concealing her identity.

The next night, still in character, she went again. Same bartender, same "regulars" - she was ignored, had rude comments made at her, and in her words "was looked at with disgust"

There are a lot of psychological and physiological reasons for this, and they are facts of human nature. Among many other reasons: Confident people act differently and have different body language, and humans subliminally find it attractive.

Anyhow, Google her interview sometime if you care. its mind blowing.

I stated all that so that I could say this without it being as harsh as it looks in text:

I agree with Austin. I hate the fact that its always some overweight pale-faced billy-bob that looks like he lives in a basement planning God knows what that does this crap. It's why all liberals that see "pro gun" think of the clowns in the picture above.

Why isn't ever a clean-cut GI out with his family at a picnic?
    (Answer: the GI has an IQ over twelve)

Last edited:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I understand all that, and actually agree to a point. I think it's human nature. I was just thinking the AR stands out more than a holstered pistol and would be more of a determination in my mind of the guy's level of inner mall ninja than his weight. He has a pretty solid beard, so that offsets the fat a little, right? ;)

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I understand all that, and actually agree to a point. I think it's human nature. I was just thinking the AR stands out more than a holstered pistol and would be more of a determination in my mind of the guy's level of inner mall ninja than his weight. He has a pretty solid beard, so that offsets the fat a little, right? ;)

Every man has a beard. Some are just required to keep it concealed to be more tactical. ;)

and you're right about the firearm, but I'll counter with its more his dress and demeanor than his weight. If he was smiling, wearing clean jeans and a button-down shirt, with that rifle in a scabbard- I wouldn't think twice. At least that'd send the message that "this is just some casual middle income guy that didn't want to leave his rifle in his car. Look, its in a "case" on his back. "No big deal. Oh how responsible he must be!" THIS gentlemen is how you propose legal open carry, not by walking into a fast food restaurant in your sloppy pajamas/gym shorts and untied shoes with an AR in your lap.

the guy on the right i'd still like to punch in the mouth and I've never met him.

edit: OOH. Perfect example. If the guys in the background had these firearms on their shoulders while standing in line- would we even be discussing this right now? nope.

Last edited:

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    madwabbit beat me to it. His appearance is overall sloppy. He wouldn't be a good spokesperson for anything, and we definitely don't need him parading around for gun rights. Scrawny is just douchetastic in every way and needs to be smacked.

Top Bottom