City of Central UNDERWATER

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Man, Just got a call from my sister in law, they cannot reach my father in law. He lives on Toledo bend, and yesterday he had to walk to sherwood forrest to get picked up and go to his sister's house. Which is near the Cortana mall. Now there's word of flooding there, but we cannnot reach him to find out the extent and if he needs rescuing. If need be, if you think the water isn't too high, I can jump in my truck and make the ride to BR. But you think I can get to cortana from NOLA?

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Man, Just got a call from my sister in law, they cannot reach my father in law. He lives on Toledo bend, and yesterday he had to walk to sherwood forrest to get picked up and go to his sister's house. Which is near the Cortana mall. Now there's word of flooding there, but we cannnot reach him to find out the extent and if he needs rescuing. If need be, if you think the water isn't too high, I can jump in my truck and make the ride to BR. But you think I can get to cortana from NOLA?

I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Anybody looking for extra rescue crew this afternoon? I'm tracking down a boat as well but available as a volunteer if I can't get one.

In an area with no cell service so I can't call the local fire/rescue agencies.

I also have radio that can communicate on LP 1-4 if authorized.

03lariat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Vicksburg Ms
    Anybody looking for extra rescue crew this afternoon? I'm tracking down a boat as well but available as a volunteer if I can't get one.

In an area with no cell service so I can't call the local fire/rescue agencies.

I also have radio that can communicate on LP 1-4 if authorized.

What area

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    She is in the O'Neal Old Hammond Hwy area.

My brother in laws family lives right around there. They left to go to church this morning. And we no longer know where they are. They got caught up in traffic/flood somewhere we believe and more than likely waiting it out. I'm in NOLA right now with my friends z71 truck. If need be I'm going to make a trip if possible. Just waiting on the call that they need me. Have a sister in law off Perkins and she's fine.

03lariat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Vicksburg Ms
    My brother in laws family lives right around there. They left to go to church this morning. And we no longer know where they are. They got caught up in traffic/flood somewhere we believe and more than likely waiting it out. I'm in NOLA right now with my friends z71 truck. If need be I'm going to make a trip if possible. Just waiting on the call that they need me. Have a sister in law off Perkins and she's fine.

Thanks

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    We just heard from my sister and they were able to get out and are in a staging area.

That's great to hear... My brother in law just jumped into his tundra to look for my father in law. Hopefully they find him. There's no phone signal so facetime/itext is our only way of communication.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Anyone know if I10 open? For instance, I have friends I invited them to stay with me, they are near College dr. Are the roads open for them to get to I10 and back to NOLA?

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    Anyone know if I10 open? For instance, I have friends I invited them to stay with me, they are near College dr. Are the roads open for them to get to I10 and back to NOLA?

If they are closer to river rd, tell them to head that way, it is def passable and open. I10 had one lane open earlier, but if it hasnt already been blocked off, it will be shortly. The amite river is still rising, and water is on the roadway at highland.

ETA: I10 WB at Prairieville is closed due to high water.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom