City of Central UNDERWATER

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Anyone know if I10 open? For instance, I have friends I invited them to stay with me, they are near College dr. Are the roads open for them to get to I10 and back to NOLA?

I hear I10 is open. I am about to head down 12 to the LSU area to check on some friends' apartments. I have a few girls I know with me right now that we "rescued" from areas near here between yesterday and early this morning.

I'm also available to help out in BR. PM me or respond here if there is somewhere I can go. I don't mind getting on a boat and pulling people or even bagging sand.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    My father in law has been rescued. He was picked up by boat from his sister's house near cortana (his house on toledo bend has 4-5 ft of water also). They are safe near perkins. Thanks for all those looking out, and a BIG THANK YOU to all first responders and volunteers for helping those in need.

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Tiny bit of intel:

Just got off the phone with the wife in Port Allen. Here is the status of communications. Our service is with AT&T.

Cell is out. Text is out. Internet is out.

She got in touch with me via old school POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) landline. She called my workplace in Houma. I called her back via my cell. Thinking that she should be able to contact me from POTS to my cell well outside of the affected area she gave it a try. No joy.

So, she can make an outgoing long distance call via POTS landline and can receive same. Anything else is out of service.

Not a lot of help but it's the best I can offer right now.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    For anyone on WiFi and w/ Facebook Messenger, it is very easy to make a call through the app to basically anyone else on Wifi.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    If you have an iphone, facetime, imessage (text) and calls can go over wifi also, just make sure you have imessage etc turned on in your settings.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Does anyone have information about the Celtic media center that is being used as a shelter.

Just what i have read on line at The Advocate. They have opened the facility to evacuees, says about 2500 there already. Supplies and cots coming in.

"Walker Higgins, a volunteer at the impromptu shelter, said that many supplies are needed and they are looking for people to donate and bring the items to the studios at building 7.

The needs include: pillows, blankets, leashes, chairs, batteries, tape, and wheel chairs."

Physical address is 10000 Celtic Drive, O'Connor Building, Baton Rouge.

Article says its located off Airline Hwy, close to Costco.

Their phone is (225) 330-6000 (I bet that phone line is busy)

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/article_1e91b048-625d-11e6-ac60-0b61a27f079e.html

Last edited:

03lariat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Vicksburg Ms
    Just what i have read on line at The Advocate. They have opened the facility to evacuees, says about 2500 there already. Supplies and cots coming in.

"Walker Higgins, a volunteer at the impromptu shelter, said that many supplies are needed and they are looking for people to donate and bring the items to the studios at building 7.

The needs include: pillows, blankets, leashes, chairs, batteries, tape, and wheel chairs."

Physical address is 10000 Celtic Drive, O'Connor Building, Baton Rouge.

Article says its located off Airline Hwy, close to Costco.

Their phone is (225) 330-6000 (I bet that phone line is busy)

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/article_1e91b048-625d-11e6-ac60-0b61a27f079e.html

I called but just got the voice system. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom