Cliven Bundy Cattle Rancher Situation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    So this isn't the group that claims the Gov has no rights over them etc etc?

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/

A number of member sheriffs, including Richard Mack, are standing vigil at Cliven's ranch. There is video on their site of a statement Cliven made at a town hall.

Check their site. You being military, you may find their fidelity to their oath to be something you can respect.

Last edited:

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    CBS Evening News just had this story as one of its lead stories. They showed a large number of supporters who have showed up to support Clive. Many are armed and there were a few confrontations where they tazed a guy.

Its looks very heated.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Hope everyone trying to save the tortoise doesn't like beef. They probably don't. According to the story, he had 50 other ranchers around that are gone. I guess we can have China or Mexico ship us beef. We are slowly being strangled by an over reaching Government.
    Agreed.

Anyone surprised by the lack of news coverage?
    What I'm surprised at is the level of acceptance from people of a government out of control and how fast they will give up freedoms and how readily they will accept government and media opinion. How easily one unconstitutional law after another is passed and swallowed by people. Born in the early 60's, I've seen the changes over the years just as my father and his before him and none are good changes. I'm beginning to believe we are truly done as a country. We are no longer even a shade of what was. And I'm beginning to understand why.

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    I heard they established a "First Amendment Zone."
    Hmmm...I thought the "First Amendment Zone" stretched from sea to shining sea. :confused:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Hope everyone trying to save the tortoise doesn't like beef. They probably don't. According to the story, he had 50 other ranchers around that are gone. I guess we can have China or Mexico ship us beef. We are slowly being strangled by an over reaching Government.

I heard they established a "First Amendment Zone."
    Hmmm...I thought the "First Amendment Zone" stretched from sea to shining sea. :confused:
    Lemme just clear that up for ya...
    The FG has found that doesn't apply anymore, because those bodies of water are in fact OCEANS and not SEAS.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    http://oathkeepers.org/oath/

About Oath Keepers
    Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of current and formerly serving military, police, and first responders who pledge to fulfill the oath all military and police take to “defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.” That oath, mandated by Article VI of the Constitution itself, is to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and Oath Keepers declare that they will not obey unconstitutional orders, such as orders to disarm the American people, to conduct warrantless searches, or to detain Americans as “enemy combatants” in violation of their ancient right to jury trial. See the Oath Keepers Declaration of Orders We Will Not Obey for details.
    Oath Keepers reaches out to both current serving and veterans to remind them of their oaths, to teach them more about the Constitution they swore to defend, and to inspire them to defend it. See below for details on how we do that.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Deal Reached Between BLM and Cliven Bundy?

On Saturday, Clark County Sheriff Douglas C. Gillespie announced that the Bureau of Land Management would cease their persecution of cattle rancher Cliven Bundy. He also stated that Bundy’s cattle would be allowed to graze on the land.

THE Bureau of Land Management is backing away from the Bundy Ranch citing *safety issues* here is the statement released Saturday morning:

*As we have said from the beginning of the gather to remove illegal cattle from federal land consistent with court orders, a safe and peaceful operation is our number one priority. After one week, we have made progress in enforcing two recent court orders to remove the trespass cattle from public lands that belong to all Americans.

Based on information about conditions on the ground, and in consultation with law enforcement, we have made a decision to conclude the cattle gather because of our serious concern about the safety of employees and members of the public.

We ask that all parties in the area remain peaceful and law-abiding as the Bureau of Land Management and National Park Service work to end the operation in an orderly manner.*

Read more: http://benswann.com/breaking-deal-reached-between-blm-and-clive-bundy/#ixzz2yhWxb0Ys

:dunno:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Safety issues? Like crazy people might show you safety issues, or the cattle are being uncooperative, there are snakes, heat stroke, safety issues?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Now it seems they are trying to get the cattle back that BLM said they would give back.

Bundy apparently asked the Sheriff to get that done within the hour.

That didn't happen, so the (crowd) -allegedly 2 Dozen on Horse Back,
    and others on the ground and on the highway
    or now in some sort of stand off waiting for the cattle to be released ???

They started the Live Stream Video for the release of the cattle after the Sheriff said that was about to happen
    but the release has not happen yet:
    http://www.ustream.tv/AlexJonesLive

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    At this point Hundreds of Agents and Vehicles are leaving the area.

Apparently once the BLM Agents are CLEAR of the area,
    the Cattle will be released.....and this thing ends....
    ...without serious bodily harm or death .....wipes brow....

You may want to MUTE the video.
    Plenty of Douchebags giving the Agents the finger and yelling obscenities...

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom