Constitutional Carry Bill SB1 will be RS? (Now going to be the Law!)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlackWaterFish

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2018
    Metairie, LA
    Too many people not saying what needs to be said. I get that many of you are happy but the reality is that this makes law enforcement jobs more difficult. If you can't admit that cost/trade off, then you don't really 'back the blue' or you're unable to understand that more than one thing can be true at once. I trust all of you who are celebrating this because you're likely pretty sensible about carrying but there are SO MANY idiots out there who can't walk and chew gum at the same time. If you remember your CCW course, I bet you remember some real low IQ dummies/wannabe Dirty Harrys in there. If you're mad at reading this post, then you're a snowflake who can't handle a grown up discussions about trade offs. These laws negatively impact law enforcement. If you're okay with that, admit that is a trade off you're willing to live with. I think it's politics over police who are putting their lives on the line everyday - especially in NOLA. Spare me the anti Nola BS too. It's tired, boring, and insults the hard work of frontline people who choose to work here to protect the people who live in Nola. You know that you can support the 2nd amendment without sacrificing common sense. Not much of that left anymore apparently.

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    bread butter.gif

MMMMMMMMMMMMM More butter please.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Too many people not saying what needs to be said. I get that many of you are happy but the reality is that this makes law enforcement jobs more difficult. If you can't admit that cost/trade off, then you don't really 'back the blue' or you're unable to understand that more than one thing can be true at once. I trust all of you who are celebrating this because you're likely pretty sensible about carrying but there are SO MANY idiots out there who can't walk and chew gum at the same time. If you remember your CCW course, I bet you remember some real low IQ dummies/wannabe Dirty Harrys in there. If you're mad at reading this post, then you're a snowflake who can't handle a grown up discussions about trade offs. These laws negatively impact law enforcement. If you're okay with that, admit that is a trade off you're willing to live with. I think it's politics over police who are putting their lives on the line everyday - especially in NOLA. Spare me the anti Nola BS too. It's tired, boring, and insults the hard work of frontline people who choose to work here to protect the people who live in Nola. You know that you can support the 2nd amendment without sacrificing common sense. Not much of that left anymore apparently.
    How does this make LE more difficult? Law abiding citizens with no criminal records will still stay out of trouble and won't have much interaction with LE beyond the occasional traffic stop(3 years ago for me and I was given a warning and thanked for my service as a Marine.)
    The last time I interacted with LE was the night of December 23rd 3023 when I stopped to assist a Westwego Officer who was hit by a perp who decided to drive off. As I picked up his equipment from the street and helped him to the sidewalk, I told him that I was carrying under Veterans Carry and he said, "Good!" I also advised the officer handling the report that I was carrying and he just nodded his head and took down my information. Basically, none of the officers cared about me carrying and were very thankful for my assistance.
    As for the criminals, they will continue to be 95G(illegal carry.) Felons who think they are now "legal" will be in for a rude awakening.

SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    Only snowflake I see here is you bud. NOLA has repeatedly earned the hate it gets. The real insult to those officers is the policies of the city and mayor and the DAs letting criminals loose. If it wasn't for those policies and others like them around the state, we wouldn't be here to start with. And if a cop can't handle citizens exercising their unalienable rights they need to seek other employment. What I'm hearing from you is nothing but Cantrell and her shill's talking points and not one shred of actual evidence or logic. Since you stated "more than one thing can be true at once" I'd like to point out that every other state that has permitless carry doesn't have the problem you're shaking in your boots about. So clearly, citizens can be armed without a permit and NOT be more dangerous to cops.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I’m sure some LEOs don’t like this law, however the handful I’ve spoken to are fine with it. If I come across someone that’s new to carrying I will take the time to share some safety pointers. Hope some of the current instructors will setup some type of basic handgun safety class that may attract people that won’t sit in a full permit class. Please everyone finger off the trigger and use a holster that correctly fits the gun you plan to carry and covers the trigger.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    If I counted on law enforcement for my safety I might be sensitive to your take. Having the initiative, will, ability and God given right to protect myself and my family at all times, I take just as much offense to anyone thinking my right to do so must be governed. Yours is a very narrow gripe in the grand scheme of things. It covers law enforcement officers and the belief that their jobs will become more difficult, unless I missed something. I don’t have a pocket full of law enforcement officers that I can carry around at the ready. I do not ever expect the police to arrive in time to stop someone who is already in the process of attempting to do harm to me or mine and would be a fool to believe they could and would very possibly watch my family suffer or even die myself if I surrender my self preservation responsibilities to any other entity. So I carry a pocketful of something else.
    I believe LEO’s are just as responsible for the low points of their job as anyone else. I don’t say that because I’m biased toward LEO’s, I say that because of the statements made by so many and the actions of so many and the acceptance of those actions by so many. What are you REALLY worried about? Did you hear that over half the states in the nation have already instituted constitutional carry? Do you honestly believe that mere law abiding citizens suddenly having the right to carry a concealed gun on their person is going to lead to mayhem in the streets? If so, how come we haven’t heard anything of the sort from the other 27 states?
    I’m not saying your argument is weak as much as I’m saying I think you’re getting all worked up over nothing. My friend, I think you might just need to lay off the kool aid for a minute and see how this thing shakes out. Maybe do a little research into how the other 27 states and their LEO’s are fairing.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I get that many of you are happy but the reality is that this makes law enforcement jobs more difficult.
    How does the law make LE jobs more difficult?

You know that you can support the 2nd amendment without sacrificing common sense. Not much of that left anymore apparently.
    What would be common sense, in your opinion?

SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    I wonder what argument the other states had from law enforcement in regards to constitutional carry.
    Same arguments we saw here for the most part. What sets us apart from the others is NOLA claiming it's uniqueness gives them justification to restrict the rights of citizens. I followed Texas pretty closely because I'm from Houston originally and it was mostly chiefs from big democrat cities making the biggest ruckus.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm not mad at your post. People are welcome to their opinions. When you talk about how this will make law enforcement jobs more difficult and how it will negatively impact law enforcement, are you basing this on your personal experience as an LEO?

cactusblob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2024
    louisiana
    I agree.... but this is one of those "yes, but" situations.

Yes, a good guy with a gun attempting to defend themself from a bad guy is better than solely relying on professional assistance, but training is really important.

I've seen statistics that show that trained LEOs miss about 65% of the shots they take. LEOs have qualified immunity. Missing isn't as big as a deal as it is to a John Doe concealed carrying.

You are responsible for every round that leaves your gun. You also are responsible for retaining your firearm and keeping a bad guy from taking it.

Go to a public firearm range and watch people shoot. The sample of folks there are people "who shoot." Many of them are missing human-sized targets at 5 yards. Most have no precision or accuracy at 5 yards. Add in adrenaline and the fact that most adults are fat and out of shape, and they will be more or less useless with a firearm in an actual case where they have to defend themselves.

While I don't think training should be mandated, I think there should be a push to educate people on the importance of it. Also, they should eat less and workout more. Baby steps.
    Yes, Dr. Marvin, baby steps! I dunno HOW people miss at 5 yards, but they do. I even did it a coupla times shooting for my CHP. YIKES!

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    And if it makes one criminal think twice about committing a violent crime, then it’s a win in my book.

All of the cities that have the most restrictive gun control policies (eg - Chicago, Baltimore, DC), have the worst violent crime rates. What do they do to reduce crime?

Blame nearby free states (Chicago blames Gary, IN/DC blames VA/Balty blames PA/Boston blames NH, etc), Pass moar gun control laws that only disarm the law abiding , and rename their sports teams (Washington Bullets to Wizards). And the results speak for themselves.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    And if it makes one criminal think twice about committing a violent crime, then it’s a win in my book.

All of the cities that have the most restrictive gun control policies (eg - Chicago, Baltimore, DC), have the worst violent crime rates. What do they do to reduce crime?

Blame nearby free states (Chicago blames Gary, IN/DC blames VA/Balty blames PA/Boston blames NH, etc), Pass moar gun control laws that only disarm the law abiding , and rename their sports teams (Washington Bullets to Wizards). And the results speak for themselves.
    Apparently they also go on a spree of wrong house raids…

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom