CRATE FOUND Mosin Nagant Group Buy (91/30)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

DR.NUMBERS

Addict of the Arcane Arts
    Jun 11, 2009
    Battin Rudge
    3 @ $60 or less ($75 w/transfer)
    2 @ $70 - $80 ($95 w/transfer)
    1 @ $80 - $100 ($115 w/transfer)

No Chinese (unless condition is excellent)

Last edited:

schnugee

Apr 12, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    In for 3

In for 3 working rifles. I'm a free enterprise capitalist, so would like to pay as little as possible but am willing to pay what ever amount is necessary.

Thank you SugarBug and BigJakeWelch for stepping up on this. Let's all express our grattitude to them by following the instructions in the post!

God bless.

zguinness

Mar 19, 2010
    Holden, LA
    I'd be in for 2 at $125 or less.

ETA: Just heard from bigjake who has offered to do the transfers for the group. His fee is $15 per firearm. Please take that into account. Edit your responses if needed.

Also, is it necessary to do a transfer if someone has a C&R license?

Q: Does a license as a collector of curio or relic firearms authorize the collector to engage in the business of dealing in curios or relics?
    No. A collector’s license only enables the collector to transport, ship, receive, and acquire curios and relics in interstate or foreign commerce, and to make disposition of curios and relics in interstate or foreign commerce, to any other licensee, for the period stated on the license. A collector’s license does not authorize the collector to engage in a business required to be licensed under the Act. Therefore, if the acquisitions and dispositions of curios and relics by a collector brings the collector within the definition of a manufacturer, importer, or dealer, he shall qualify as such. A dealer’s license must be obtained to engage in the business of dealing in any firearms, including curios or relics.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a) and 923(a)(1), 27 CFR 478.41(c)(d)]

Q: What does “engaged in the business” mean?
    The term “engaged in the business,” as applicable to a firearms dealer, is defined as a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms, but such term shall not include a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms.

[27 CFR 478.11]

So if someone with a C&R buys these and is only selling them for what he paid (NOT FOR A PROFIT) and this would qualify as an "occasional sale" does there need to be a transfer involved?

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    ...using C&R to circumvent the need of FFL transfers

Although you would technically be able to receive them, at this point, because of Obama's EO, each rifle has to go through an FFL to be transferred. So I think we would have been safe to do as you're suggesting two weeks ago, but we cannot do that now. And I doubt you would want 10 counts of illegal transfer of a firearm laid on you, lol.

I'm waiting on my C&R license right now and was considering waiting until that came in to organize a group buy, but the EO makes it pointless.

Hmm.. apparently I'm wrong. However, I'm still not sure what exactly is "OK" when it comes to one person ordering 20 rifles and then just handing them out.

Please take this conversation to the other thread, though, so this one can remain only for voicing participation.

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Although you would technically be able to receive them, at this point, because of Obama's EO, each rifle has to go through an FFL to be transferred. So I think we would have been safe to do as you're suggesting two weeks ago, but we cannot do that now. And I doubt you would want 10 counts of illegal transfer of a firearm laid on you, lol.

I'm waiting on my C&R license right now and was considering waiting until that came in to organize a group buy, but the EO makes it pointless.
    If you have a C&R, it's my understanding that the dealer logs it out of his book, and I log it into mine, done and done.

I'm unaware of any EO that had anything to do with changing anything to do with this group buy for anyone, let alone FFL03s.

alfalfa

Apr 9, 2012
    I'm in for two under $120 and three under $100. I have my C&R.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom