Do you EDC a light?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you EDC a light?

• Yes

Votes: 52 72.2%
    • No

Votes: 20 27.8%

• Total voters

jsanders66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    I started carrying a Nitecore TIP about a year or so back. I have one on each key ring, so I'm never without a light. I keep a Streamlight ProTac2L in my briefcase in case I need an extra. The TIP is li-ion rechargeable and has a max of about 350 lumens.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Streamlight ProTac 1L daily... left front pocket. Everywhere. 275 Lumens... programmable... HIGH/LOW/STROBE. $40. (The 1L-AA is brighter and takes one AA battery instead of the CR123A)

I can't tell you how many times it comes out and is on... most of the time it's when I see someone fumbling with their phone to turn on the flash to use it as a flashlight (usually anyone over 30)... and if I can get it out and on before their 5 year old can turn on the phone light! lol. The younger they are, the quicker they are with the technology.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Streamlight ProTac 1L daily... left front pocket. Everywhere. 275 Lumens... programmable... HIGH/LOW/STROBE. $40. (The 1L-AA is brighter and takes one AA battery instead of the CR123A)

I can't tell you how many times it comes out and is on... most of the time it's when I see someone fumbling with their phone to turn on the flash to use it as a flashlight (usually anyone over 30)... and if I can get it out and on before their 5 year old can turn on the phone light! lol. The younger they are, the quicker they are with the technology.

Pretty decent light. I upgraded from that to a 2L, then a 2LX, before ultimately upgrading to my current P12. Next one might be a P12GT, but not sure yet. I'm also somewhat of a flashlight nerd.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Pretty decent light. I upgraded from that to a 2L, then a 2LX, before ultimately upgrading to my current P12. Next one might be a P12GT, but not sure yet. I'm also somewhat of a flashlight nerd.

I have the Protac HL3 (1100 Lumens), the ProTac HL-X (1000 Lumens) and the HL (750 Lumens). I have the MICROSTREAM also, but its just a "nice to have". haha.

If it's ever cold... turn one of the ProTac's on and put it in your jacket pocket... it will warm you up in no time!

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    D25LC2 Tactical. Forward clicky rear switch is exposed and works well with the surefire grip. Awesome pocket clip.
    I was afraid it would be too big to carry comfortably all day, but I was wrong. Back left pocket all day.

Inforce APL on the gun.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I have the Protac HL3 (1100 Lumens), the ProTac HL-X (1000 Lumens) and the HL (750 Lumens). I have the MICROSTREAM also, but its just a "nice to have". haha.

If it's ever cold... turn one of the ProTac's on and put it in your jacket pocket... it will warm you up in no time!

I have those as well. The HL3 lives in my car and definitely gets the job done for lighting things up that aren't near me. I have a microstream in my laptop bag actually lol.

bmorvant

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Yes, EDC a Streamlight ProTac2L.
    Same one I started with a few years ago so I can't compare it to any of the others.
    It works fine for me every time I need it. No complaints.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I carried a light today
    imgres

Top Bottom