Do you EDC a light?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you EDC a light?

• Yes

Votes: 52 72.2%
    • No

Votes: 20 27.8%

• Total voters

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    1331ecaf37d9b50e4baff791c1c0095f.jpg

26f53e252347bd5a633ed68a8e739f3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gamma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2018
    I used to carry a large EDC1 flashlight. Now the surefire titan goes everywhere on my keychain. Convenience is everything.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I used to carry a large EDC1 flashlight. Now the surefire titan goes everywhere on my keychain. Convenience is everything.

That's great for a look under the bed light, but awful for a clear the house or identify a target I may shoot light.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Those cute little flashlights though.

If you're gonna clear a house, you need something capable of incinerating an intruder after you shoot them. Like this:

He1m7t.jpg

If you clear a house with that, you are going to be blind. Too many lumens is a problem for clearing structures.

On the bright side, the house may burn down before you get shot by the intruder in another room.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    If you clear a house with that, you are going to be blind. Too many lumens is a problem for clearing structures.

On the bright side, the house may burn down before you get shot by the intruder in another room.

You won't be blind because of the lumens, you will be blind because it has a 310,000 candela rating.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA

It has an awesome on-demand 400lm clearing mode though. Plus if your weapon jams, you can bludgeon them to death with the flashlight. Or if attached to your squad weapon via the mount point, you can just throw the whole contraption at them and watch them fall into the earth.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Why are you "clearing structures"?

I'm not.

I have taken classes though on using lights with a weapon (including in structures) and too bright of a light is problematic. Having to clear a structure is a worst-case scenario, but is definitely a good skill to have. An example is if something goes bump in the night at your house and you have a need to look around and check that everyone in your house is safe. Too bright or too dim of a light doesn't work well for that.

Top Bottom