Do you think private gun sales should go through a FFL?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RT8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2023
    Deep south
    Just look at their feedback?
    No, just look at their posts in this thread and their attitude about private sales, etc...

Some of the folks in this thread certainly seem scared to conduct perfectly legal activities with their fellow enthusiasts.

I do not. But I've B/S/T close to triple digits the last 15yrs. I can remember 1 BOS, and 0 involving an FFL for in-state deals.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Some of the folks in this thread certainly seem scared to conduct perfectly legal activities with their fellow enthusiasts.

This appears to be a mischaracterization of many of almost all the posts in this thread. And I say almost because I'm too lazy to go back and read all of them. But from memory, I cannot think of a single person who has seemed scared.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Sure they would but they sure wouldn’t know if I’m responding to adds wanting to buy or selling to someone i already know. I’ve sold a handful of guns to members here without ever posting it for sale.
    It's unlikely that people post buy/sell/trade ads on here just for kicks. If someone has listed 25 guns over the past year for sale or trade, it's a good bet they are selling and trading a fair amount of guns. And unless they are stolen guns, it's a good bet that person bought them or traded them. It's all perfectly legal. I encourage it and believe it's none of the government's business. But I won't pretend like it not obvious.

yamaha0343

Glock > XD
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lafayette
    Cash and carry. I don't bother with a Bill of Sale or anything else on a face to face transaction. I do size the person up and quickly decide if that's someone I want to do business with. Met some really cool people from this site.

Let's face it, most of us on here are getting older so no big worry about underage purchasers. Your grey hair is ID enough. :rofl:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    No, just look at their posts in this thread and their attitude about private sales, etc...

I do not. But I've B/S/T close to triple digits the last 15yrs. I can remember 1 BOS, and 0 involving an FFL for in-state deals.
    I hear ya. As I said earlier, buying and selling privately is private. I see no reason to involve a FFL unless crossing state lines so that’s out for me. Not saying I would never, but I haven’t so far and I have turned down a local deal where the seller required a FFL. I buy a lot more than I sell and I’m likely a little above average for activity in the marketplace, but this is not anywhere near the only place I buy or sell. I think some folks absolutely go overboard with covering their ass sometimes, but it’s their ass, so who am I to fault them? I don’t mind the minimal BOS but have refused to complete and sign at least one fairly recently, which I’ll try to find the thread about. Anyway, I think with the current climate and all the things a person thinks they stand to lose has created enough fear in the community to cause folks to take it to extremes at times. We can either let it affect us or pass on the deal I reckon.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Here we go.. page 3 post 53 will explain how I actually got the 2nd BOS.
    Sold this guy an AR and signed his BOS on scene. He later emailed me this BOS asking me to sign and I refused. Deal was already done anyway. Not sure what he was up to but it’s asinine.

Last edited:

jungle33

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2023
    Utah
    I ask because lots of ads here ask for more than the law requires. Why would anyone selling a firearm via private sale require documentation from the buyer? Is it just me or is that crazy?

Edit to ad: your used firearms are not worth more than new firearms.FFS
    Unless you have a 1st Gen Colt Army Single Action in pristine condition in the box signed by Sam.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Accessories and modifications could easily, and regularly do, add to the value of a firearm. The language of the legislation is, if I recall correctly, "profit" from the sale. I would assume that includes sales over fees and retail value. That said, they do not make it clear.

One thing that is clear, the 2nd Amendment protects the formation of well-regulated militas and the right of the people to keep and bear arms. Any interaction between government and the people in regards to their arms should be voluntary and not compelled.

I voluntarily abide by unjust/unconstitutional laws to avoid complications.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    It's unlikely that people post buy/sell/trade ads on here just for kicks. If someone has listed 25 guns over the past year for sale or trade, it's a good bet they are selling and trading a fair amount of guns. And unless they are stolen guns, it's a good bet that person bought them or traded them. It's all perfectly legal. I encourage it and believe it's none of the government's business. But I won't pretend like it not obvious.
    Thanks captain obvious

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks captain obvious

Wow. 3-1/2 months and that's what you came up with.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Here we go.. page 3 post 53 will explain how I actually got the 2nd BOS.
    Sold this guy an AR and signed his BOS on scene. He later emailed me this BOS asking me to sign and I refused. Deal was already done anyway. Not sure what he was up to but it’s asinine.
    How did i miss that show!!! thats got all the classic players in it also... im disappointed in myself

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom