Do you think private gun sales should go through a FFL?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    What did I miss? I’m lost lol… I’m gonna go look back, but it would be easier if you caught me up lol…
    If you click the little arrow in the quote box it'll take you to the comment that person is replying to.. So click the arrow till you get to the first comment that started it.

tlbcustom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2023
    Ponchatoula, la
    My two cents: Every time I hear about a " Mass shooting" I hear the words "The Firearm(s) was/were obtained legally". That could mean a bunch of things. Including.....purchased via an individual-to-individual sale. It is illegal for licensed dealers to sell a firearm to a convicted felon, but it is not illegal for an individual to sell a firearm to a convicted felon without knowing it.
    As responsible gun owners we should stand above the manipulation of words and laws and do the right thing. Without intimate knowledge otherwise, it is an excellent practice to ensure a stranger is legally able to purchase a firearm by doing an FFL transfer with a licensed dealer.
    The principle is what's important. All of us want our 2A rights preserved and following good principles will help make sure that happens.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    What is this ”black power rifle” you speak of? Is this of the black panther origin? I’m just trying to figure out if I need to get a new type of gun….. ROFLOL
    Oh sorry, I meant black powder!
    But come to think of it, I should require BOS, DL, FFL "transfer", CCP, CDL, Vaccination card, Library Card, VA Card, and a note from your Mother!

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    My two cents: Every time I hear about a " Mass shooting" I hear the words "The Firearm(s) was/were obtained legally". That could mean a bunch of things. Including.....purchased via an individual-to-individual sale. It is illegal for licensed dealers to sell a firearm to a convicted felon, but it is not illegal for an individual to sell a firearm to a convicted felon without knowing it.
    As responsible gun owners we should stand above the manipulation of words and laws and do the right thing. Without intimate knowledge otherwise, it is an excellent practice to ensure a stranger is legally able to purchase a firearm by doing an FFL transfer with a licensed dealer.
    The principle is what's important. All of us want our 2A rights preserved and following good principles will help make sure that happens.
    It’s still illegal for a fellon to purchase a firearm in a private sale. Not illegal for the seller if they don’t have prior knowledge but definitely still illegal for the buyer if they are a prohibited person. So in that instance you wouldn’t hear that they purchased it legally because that’s illegal.

You do what you’d like but I’m not doing a FFL transfer for a private sale and by no means does that make me or anyone else who chooses not to an irresponsible gun owner.

Last edited:

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    Nope. No way I will accept your attempt to lay guilt on me for what some one else does.

But please, explain to me how having ALL gun transactions and serial numbers listed on on government records protects my 2A rights?

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Nope. No way I will accept your attempt to lay guilt on me for what some one else does.

But please, explain to me how having ALL gun transactions and serial numbers listed on on government records protects my 2A rights?
    He is trying to say if we went through an ffl then we would know the school shooter was a felon.... Interesting thing about that is the Uvalde shooter did not have a criminal record and bought his guns from a gun shop. The Nashville shooter did not have a criminal record. Articles say they were bought legally but I didn't find anything that said "from a gun shop"... Either way wouldnt matter because... No criminal record.

tlbcustom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2023
    Ponchatoula, la

I was merely expressing my opinion, not trying to lay guilt on anyone. My apologies to anyone who took it that way.
    The root of my opinion is stated "Without intimate knowledge otherwise, it is an excellent practice to ensure a stranger is legally able to purchase a firearm by doing an FFL transfer with a licensed dealer."

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    ... it is an excellent practice to ensure a stranger is legally able to purchase a firearm by doing an FFL transfer with a licensed dealer...
    lol - Because NICS is 100% spot on all the time!

hunter.JPG

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    It’s still illegal for a fellon to purchase a firearm in a private sale. Not illegal for the seller if they don’t have prior knowledge but definitely still illegal for the buyer if they are a prohibited person. So I’m that instance you wouldn’t hear that they purchased it legally because that’s illegal.

You do what you’d like but I’m not doing a FFL transfer for a private sale and by no means does that make me or anyone else who chooses not to an irresponsible gun owner.
    You are wrong sir! The NCIS check is a magic spell that prevents gun violence! Don't you no that?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom