Don't call the cops if you're growing weed...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I used to do it all the time before i was made supervisor. Same process as alcohol with the exception of the breath test. Its still given to rule out alcohol, but a **** or blood test is usually requested. DRE Certification also helps immensely with getting conviction and ive never lost a case yet out of hundreds of DWI's.

What's a DRE?

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    What's a DRE?

Drug Recognition Expert. Its another certification. Im not currently DRE (hit submit before i finished typing) but with every narcotic DWI i have written i have had a DRE come either to my scene or to whichever office i go to to use the Intoxylizer machine to perform more tests on the subject.

Are they listed on the advocate in dwi section? I assumed those were all alcohol related.

Yea. they are listed as well. Being the same statute they dont separate them. They only list the charges not the actual probable cause sheet.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    There's a guy down the road from be that got busted for growing dope in his house by LSP.
    A couple years later he told me those LSP guys were really nice that they came by his place every so often to just check on him. He's burnt out.
    I talked to LSP friend that was there that night he said the guy had a good set up to grow indoors and they used the video in training.

Him living across the road from the Lt. that was running DWI for BRPD at the time worked against him ;)

Last edited:

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    There's a guy down the road from be that got busted for growing dope in his house by LSP.
    A couple years later he told me those LSP guys were really nice that they came by his place every so often to just check on him. He's burnt out.
    I talked to LSP friend that was there that night he said the guy had a good set up to grow indoors and they used the video in training.

Him living across the road from the Lt. that was running DWI for BRPD at the time worked against him ;)

Kinda like the house with no door on Lovett rd.... I'm surprised that place doesn't get raided more.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Yea. they are listed as well. Being the same statute they dont separate them. They only list the charges not the actual probable cause sheet.

I'll read those a little differently when I look at them. I've still never heard of a first hand story of this, so I find it very interesting... Thanks for the lesson.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Drug Recognition Expert. Its another certification. Im not currently DRE (hit submit before i finished typing) but with every narcotic DWI i have written i have had a DRE come either to my scene or to whichever office i go to to use the Intoxylizer machine to perform more tests on the subject.

So this is an individual who analyzes a subject to determine if he is currently intoxicated. I am making the presumption that there is a science and methodology to it. As it stands right now is there a method of nonhuman testing that would present a "yes he's high"/"no he's sober"? I ask because legalized recreational pot will be across the board in our lifetime and as someone who spends many hours dealing with Workers Comp insurance and one who smoked it many years ago have wondered how we will adjust our policies as it relates to testing for pot, since it lingers in your blood and hair long after the affects have warn off.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom