Dumbest thing heard in a "gun shop"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    My favorite was when I asked where I should sight my 30-06 rifle in at 25 yards to be on at 100 yards. The clerk then proceeds to tell me to sight it in 2 inches high at 25 yards.
    That would probably put it on target at 500 yards.
    Most of the rifles that i have sighted in were about an inch or so low at 25 yards to be on at 100 yards depending on the height of the scope above the bore line. Putting it right on at 25 yards would usually result in 3-5" high at 100 yards.

Read it here
    http://www.federalpremium.com/products/rifle.aspx

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    This wasn’t in a gun shop, but last year I was filling up the city truck at the Police garage. Two of Shreveport’s Finest were there gassing up their patrol cars and talking about pistols. I said that my wife had just gotten me a FN Five-seveN for Christmas:

Cop A: That thing is armor piercing and will shoot through the side of a tank; you shouldn’t be allowed to have it.
    Cop B: It’s nothing more than a .22 rimfire.

After several minutes listening to them argue back and forth (they’re cops so they both have to be right). I asked if either one had ever even seen the Five-seveN pistol. In unison both replied “No.”

BIGGREEN

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    A couple of years ago I walked into a now defunct LE supplier in Laffy and asked about an ankle holster. I was asked for my CC Permit and I asked why. The clerk told me it was illegal to purchase or posses CC equipment without a permit. He said it was similar to the "Drug Paraphenalia" laws. He was DEAD serious and believed himself.

I was filling up my vehicle at a small-town gas station in Beauregard Parish just a few miles from my deer lease. I had a sidearm OC holster that I had removed the gun from (so not to cause any trouble). I didn't remove the holster because it was on my belt. A Sheriff Deput, that drove up when I was inside paying for gas and extras, stopped me in the parking lot and informed me that my "Empty" holster was illegal. I asked why and where that was stated and he said it "Incited Fear" and was a form of brandishing. I asked if it was legal if I had a gun in it and he said "as long as it is Registered to you then it was fine".

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    A couple of years ago I walked into a now defunct LE supplier in Laffy and asked about an ankle holster. I was asked for my CC Permit and I asked why. The clerk told me it was illegal to purchase or posses CC equipment without a permit. He said it was similar to the "Drug Paraphenalia" laws. He was DEAD serious and believed himself.

I was filling up my vehicle at a small-town gas station in Beauregard Parish just a few miles from my deer lease. I had a sidearm OC holster that I had removed the gun from (so not to cause any trouble). I didn't remove the holster because it was on my belt. A Sheriff Deput, that drove up when I was inside paying for gas and extras, stopped me in the parking lot and informed me that my "Empty" holster was illegal. I asked why and where that was stated and he said it "Incited Fear" and was a form of brandishing. I asked if it was legal if I had a gun in it and he said "as long as it is Registered to you then it was fine".

:rofl:

southerner985

sheepdog
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Norco
    i got one, i was in Jefferson gun outlet last week shooting the breeze with one of the guys behind the counter, guy walks in and says "yo man you got dat gun from call of duty?" :doh:

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA

that is funny, hell if they want me to carry, then so be it!

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    "You got clips for dat HiPernt fo' nickels?"
    "We've got... some, for a few different calibers-- but they cost more than just a few nickels."
    "Word, how much dey cost?"
    "What caliber-- let me see if I have it."
    "Fo' nickels."
    "Fo... What?"
    "Fo' nickels-- that fo'-five, y'heard me?"
    "GTFO of the shop."

Okay, that last line was made up-- but it's what I hoped to hear...

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    was in a pawn shop looking around when a guy came in with his son(7-8years old). he was looking for a new duty carbine cause he had sold his. while standing there he turned around to see a 50 cal sitting on top of a shelf and started telling his son about how bad that gun was. next thing i know he is telling him that if you stand beside the brake when it was shot that it has enough pressure to kill you. just shook my head and went back to looking.

francis8709

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    When I was working at the Covington Academy behind the gun counter a guy was convinced a .380 would work in a 9mm just like a .38/.357. As much as me and my coworker explained it to him he was dead set on his belief.

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    I stopped in the Academy in Harahan a few years ago while Christmas shopping with the wife. I happened to catch(eaves-drop) a conversation between the clerk and a mother(about 70 years old)/daughter(about 45 years old) combo. They explained that there had been several robberies and break-ins in the neighborhood and wanted to learn to shoot tide fend themselves. They were on their way to a range, and wanted to buy ammo for an old .38 snub nose that had been her husbands. The clerk explained to them that they "must" shoot the same ammo at the range that the planned to shoot in a confrontation because the gun will react "differently" with each type. Then he proceeded get them .38 +p ammo telling them how the "+p" means it's more powerful and was designed specifically for defense. I politely butted in and explained that while learning to shoot it was okay to shoot a cheaper range ammo. I also explained to the women, and tried to explain to the clerk, that her older snub nose may not be capable of shooting +p and she she should check it out first. I even offered to make a couple of calls and find out. The clerk then says something along the lines of," hey man, that's cool, but we get pretty specific training on all our ammo and I'm 100% certain that +p is okay on all .38s" I explained about chamber pressures and I got a blank stare in return. Luckily the women seemed to trust me more, and took my advice on what ammo to buy and seeking an instructor.
    What made the whole situation worse was that Academy installs 25' tall counters and I had to have this 18 year old 5'0" 98lbs dork who took the job because Call of Duty was fun, look down on me the whole time.

Jdalton

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Guy was looking at a .380 ay academy clerk said ".380 wnt do much except **** someone off." customer replies "well ill jst **** em off to death"
    I thought that was funny.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Two old ladies walk into the Arms Merchant and immediately dawn a scowl of shock and disgust on their face upon seeing all the guns. The owner welcomes them and asks if they need any help. One replies by asking where the prosthesis were. He says "What?". She replys "This is the Arms Merchant, Where are the Arms?" Owner points to the glass cases full of pistols and askes "What type of firearm are you looking for?". She says "No, the Arms!" as she waves a nubby arm through the air.

Couldn't make that up.

Top Bottom