Everything Corona! Latest News, Insights, Theories, Prognostications! Armegeddon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Refusing to support an American business because of another country exploiting our economy, laws, etc is like shaving your legs because you have heartburn. One has nothing to do with the other. Asian Americans on the whole are some of the most disciplined and hard working people in this country. If everyone had their work ethic we’d likely be in a lot better shape. I know one personally and never really make that connection. To me he’s a guy I know with his own restaurant, doing what every other decent American I know is doing. Working and paying bills and taking care of his family. If anything, he’s helping our economy, creating jobs and providing a service. He is not part of another country’s attempts to break our economy or hold us hostage in any way. Ya know, that kind of thinking is why we locked up thousands of Japanese Americans after Japan hit Pearl Harbor.
    I don’t think that wrong can ever be righted.

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    LOL well that’s pretty damn racist.

Some of the nicest people I’ve ever met are Chinese.

That’s like someone saying you should be ridiculed to the end of time because some white people owned slaves at one point.

Agreed.

- - - Updated - - -

Refusing to support an American business because of another country exploiting our economy, laws, etc is like shaving your legs because you have heartburn. One has nothing to do with the other. Asian Americans on the whole are some of the most disciplined and hard working people in this country. If everyone had their work ethic we’d likely be in a lot better shape. I know one personally and never really make that connection. To me he’s a guy I know with his own restaurant, doing what every other decent American I know is doing. Working and paying bills and taking care of his family. If anything, he’s helping our economy, creating jobs and providing a service. He is not part of another country’s attempts to break our economy or hold us hostage in any way. Ya know, that kind of thinking is why we locked up thousands of Japanese Americans after Japan hit Pearl Harbor.
    I don’t think that wrong can ever be righted.

Agreed.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I see this differently than many, I work with.

I see this as no accident. I see this as germ warfare.

My friend's daughter who works in healthcare, up in Maryland has now tested positive for it. It has hit home now and it's getting personal.

I'm sure Bill Gates is responsible. I've heard that one sometime ago, and I believe it. As for the Chinese, I have absolutely no desire to ever walk into one of their restaurants or nail salons here in America, again. I certainly don't want anything coming out of their country, either.

Don't paint with such a large brush. Give it all time! The entire world is really pissed off at the CCP, and they know it! Aside from laying the blame at the feet of the CCP for obvious reasons, the people of China are basically slaves within a country they have been told is theirs. It's not! Their Nationalism is not heartfelt like ours. It's coerced!

As for "Chinese" Americans? They are just Americans! I doubt very seriously that so called; Chinese Americans are secretly celebrating this like many muslims within the US were after 9-11. This is probably a scary time for them too. Your sentiment is not an isolated instance either. There are some really hateful people out there that if, aren't let out of their house arrests soon, are going to blow!

Choose to protest as you see fit, but this is not their fault. This lies squarely at the feet of the CCP, and they couldn't give two shits about the Chinese in their own country, much less the ones here!!!

I hope your daughter makes out ok!

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    There are distinctions amongst Chinese citizens who are living in the US. Many of the Chinese citizens who are in American universities are either the children of high ranking members of the Chinese Communist Party so they may be true believers in the party. They also may have family members that may be harmed if they act in a way counter to the CCP’s stated goals.

The reason why those Chinese citizens were allowed to study abroad is because the CCP has a measure of control over them.

So like everyone else a Chinese person must judged as an individual not a group.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    What a weekend news cycle!

Looks like the wheels are coming off on this all over the place! Multiple reputable research sources affirming this thing was severely overblown from the outset. If the speculation is true that Los Angeles may have had 400,000 unreported cases (again multiple sources believing that), they are saying (now with almost certainty), this death rate is no worse than 2018 flu season.

Remember, it has always been the alarming death rate promised that caused the globe to decimate all the world's economies. Also, again; we had to take the warning seriously, but man, did we get bad information on this.

We've unleashed tyrannical oppression on many of the world's citizens. Last night I heard a report that more people were killed by the military/police in Thailand for breaking state mandated curfews, than the virus itself?!? WTF?

The world is full of worthless dictators as it is, but now you can see here in our own country we have our fair share of wannabe tyrants.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    What a weekend news cycle!

Looks like the wheels are coming off on this all over the place! Multiple reputable research sources affirming this thing was severely overblown from the outset. If the speculation is true that Los Angeles may have had 400,000 unreported cases (again multiple sources believing that), they are saying (now with almost certainty), this death rate is no worse than 2018 flu season.

Remember, it has always been the alarming death rate promised that caused the globe to decimate all the world's economies. Also, again; we had to take the warning seriously, but man, did we get bad information on this.

We've unleashed tyrannical oppression on many of the world's citizens. Last night I heard a report that more people were killed by the military/police in Thailand for breaking state mandated curfews, than the virus itself?!? WTF?

The world is full of worthless dictators as it is, but now you can see here in our own country we have our fair share of wannabe tyrants.

What were your reputable sources for this information?
    I’d like to read them.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    What were your reputable sources for this information?
    I’d like to read them.

Stanford is sticking to their findings. USC is conducting and reporting the numbers on the research on the 400,000 cases of asymptomatic/unreported cases there. There is another research group compiling this too. I'll dredge that name up. Reputable sources aside, it looks quite obvious that many state's governors are also believing this thing is not as bad as first thought.

Is it highly infectious? Probably! Certainly is hard to explain away how so many died so fast within just days a la New York; but wouldn't that also support the notion of USC's research that there are possibly hundreds of thousands of additional cases already out there or were?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I find that events like this bring out the little Pol Pot in government officials everywhere.

We’ve seen it from coast to coast during this one. No motorboats in Michigan, we were under a statewide burn ban here in God Country (Mississippi) to ‘limit the need for fire response’, drive-in church in North Mississippi was banned and fines were issued, and a dad was arrested in Colorado for playing t-ball with his daughter in a park.

Even the stores are getting in on the insanity. I had to go to Lowe’s the other day to finish prepping my house for a new roof. They had the lumber side shutdown and were funneling people in and out of the main entrances. If it were for social distancing they wouldn’t have allowed the line to string halfway across the store blocking the main isle making it near impossible to observe the ‘6ft rule’.

None of that is meant to take away from the seriousness that this virus has been for many Americans. It is intended to excoriate the ‘damnit I’m important you have to do what I say crowd’. It only makes folks who naturally don’t want to take this seriously, notice the stupidity in leadership and refuse to act responsibly.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Read that article I just posted. 6 feet may be a joke!

Yeah but 27 feet would be under optimal conditions for the sneeze or cough we’ve been thought since childhood to disrupt the path with your hand, arm, elbow, etc. I’m not discrediting it by any means but, 6ft is doable and helps prevent someone from breathing on you. You combine that with good hygiene and good manners and 6 feet really can reduce transmission almost completely from the asymptomatic, and greatly from those who are clinical.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yeah but 27 feet would be under optimal conditions for the sneeze or cough we’ve been thought since childhood to disrupt the path with your hand, arm, elbow, etc. I’m not discrediting it by any means but, 6ft is doable and helps prevent someone from breathing on you. You combine that with good hygiene and good manners and 6 feet really can reduce transmission almost completely from the asymptomatic, and greatly from those who are clinical.

This, is in short supply out there though!

The numbers of people I see completely ignoring the so-called "common sense" personal traits are astounding!

BTW; did those that viewed the video see how much crap was coming out of that guys mouth on just a regular breath leading up to the sneeze? :puke:

Last edited:

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    I’d like to detour into the financial impact for a minute.

Has anyone had their 401k employer contributions impacted due to COVID-19? I just got notice that next month my company is suspending their contributions.

They already did away with merit raises for the year and that didn’t bother me. I felt like it was a prudent effort to save jobs and that meant more than a measly increase. I realize the same argument could be made for 401k contributions, but this is my retirement and is really bullsh*t.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Is your company going to file for the PPP loan? If so, that would be covered! If not, that is a bummer! Not really much you can do unless that specific "benefit" is contractually granted. Most fringe benefits are at the behest of the company.

I will tell you that I am going to cover everything concerning employee payroll at my company with the PPP; including vacations, payroll taxes, worker's comp, & profit sharing contributions. All of those are specifically included! You need to ask.

Unfortunately, we are at a place where a lot of layoffs are just coming for folks. I can only imagine those that will be let go if their state's stay shuttered for 3-4 more weeks of this house arrest.

Last edited:

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    Is your company going to file for the PPP loan? If so, that would be covered! If not, that is a bummer! Not really much you can do unless that specific "benefit" is contractually granted. Most fringe benefits are at the behest of the company.

I will tell you that I am going to cover everything concerning employee payroll at my company with the PPP; including vacations, payroll taxes, worker's comp, & profit sharing contributions. All of those are specifically included! You need to ask.

Unfortunately, we are at a place where a lot of layoffs are just coming for folks. I can only imagine those that will be let go if their state's stay shuttered for 3-4 more weeks of this house arrest.

Don’t see any PPP loans in the future. Private company of 26-27k people. We’re still operating (thankfully), but have sent basically the entire company to work from home.

It’s admirable that you’ve continued to cover everything.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Don’t see any PPP loans in the future. Private company of 26-27k people. We’re still operating (thankfully), but have sent basically the entire company to work from home.

It’s admirable that you’ve continued to cover everything.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but if not for the PPP; I would have closed too. It is the main reason I read the Cares Act the day they enacted it into law.

As for you, I would think that when everything gets back to some normalcy, your company will most likely go back to their matching. Problem is (for everyone), how long?

Also wanted to add, when this starts tapering off, the work arena will be a huge "employer's" market for those laid off. I truly believe there will be a lot of people that are going to find out the hard way, they weren't as irreplaceable as they thought! ;)

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom