Explain Police Behavior?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    This is the only gun forum I am on that has a weekly anti LEO thread.
    I'm as pro LEO as anybody . I was even one of those useless reserve officers that MOTOR51 despises so much . But if a LEO did the same thing to me as the op described , I'd be pissed too .

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I'm as pro LEO as anybody . I was even one of those useless reserve officers that MOTOR51 despises so much . But if a LEO did the same thing to me as the op described , I'd be pissed too .

I knew that was coming,lol. I never said reserves were useless, I said that my experience with some of the ones I dealt with wanted to only work @LSU area. We were told that we couldn't take off work due to being short on my squad but if we could get reserves to fill in we could have off. I never got one reserve to work but would here them on the other districts because they were allowed to do as they pleased. If the reserves are set up to be support for full time then they would be great. Maybe you were one of the ones that used to work where he was needed, if so then that does not apply to your reserve service.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

I read the 33 posts by the Op. in this thread and I will keep my thoughts to myself.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I knew that was coming,lol. I never said reserves were useless, I said that my experience with some of the ones I dealt with wanted to only work @LSU area. We were told that we couldn't take off work due to being short on my squad but if we could get reserves to fill in we could have off. I never got one reserve to work but would here them on the other districts because they were allowed to do as they pleased. If the reserves are set up to be support for full time then they would be great. Maybe you were one of the ones that used to work where he was needed, if so then that does not apply to your reserve service.
    Huh , reminds me of a story . A certain female officer asked to take a day off . Sgt. Don Crouch told her no . not enough people . I piped up and said that I would come in and work for her . He started bitching at me saying that " reseve officers are not here to replace regular officers , and we needed to get out on the street ". What a dickhead he was .

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Maybe his prescription needs updating, and I'm not joking. Last time I broke a pair of glasses and was working without, it was pretty difficult to differentiate some letters at distance, and reading expiration stickers was impossible.

And before anyone goes there, I've qualified POST numerous times without glasses on. I don't wear Coke-bottles, letters and such just get fuzzy and blend at a distance without my specs.

Why not just pull the car over instead of putting us both at risk, if he wanted to run the plates? Yeah, it would have inconvenienced me, but it's his job and as long as he was polite, I would have had nothing poor to say or think about him pulling me over, checking to see if I was sober, had a DL, insurance, etc.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Once the Reserves in Walker have been through either a Reserve Academy or CARTA (POST) and worked enough hours with a full time Officer and approved by an FTO Officer they can pull shifts. Until then they work details like ball games, parades, traffic control, etc. Some of the Reserves end up going Full Time as allowed by openings.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    This is the only gun forum I am on that has a weekly anti LEO thread.

Anti-leo thread? This is an anti-tint thread at this point. It began as a "Why would you do this?" thread, and morphed from there into some kind of "Us vs. Them" animal when someone began roving off-topic.

Yeah, I am sure some LE is irritated that I think some of the laws they enforce are just to raise cash for the city and have nothing to do with bettering it through people complying with those laws, but rather, are bettering it because many people DON'T comply.

Well, that's my take on it, with sufficient evidence to back it up. Never once said that officers had no right to enforce it, etc. etc. etc. just that it, in and of itself, was a cash-cow and nothing more.

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    At that time , in Baton Rouge , they discouraged reserves from working ball games , etc. It would reduce the opportunity for regular officers to work extra duty . I was cool with that . I wasn't there for ball games and parking lot duty .

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I read the 33 posts by the Op. in this thread and I will keep my thoughts to myself.

You probably think the cop made a run at my vehicle to see if I would flee/drive erratic like a drunk if I were/speed up and get a ticket.

I think you're right, if so. I have just never had one get that up on my bumper to do it.

Whatever else you have to say, if a personal judgment or opinion on me, or anything else, I will gladly accept in my inbox if you don't want to post it publicly. It will STAY in my inbox, or between us, unless you choose to threaten my person or property (which I highly doubt).

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Is it okay for LEOs to have illegal tint on personal vehicles? I know several personally who have dark tint and tinted windshields, entire windshield tinted. How come school buses don't have seat belts? While we are on this kick about stupid laws and double standards for LEOs. Why do LEOs let other LEOs break the law or turn a blind eye to minor infractions? Would I get the same treatment with a reserve commission?

Oh and by the way I haven't paid a ticket in the last six years, when you got pull you just take the ticket.
    School buses are actually the safest and most regulated vehicles on the road. The seats are designed for body impacts with each level of it geared for a different part of the body. This is the reason it is important for passengers to sit correctly in the seats. There is also a roll cage like every 24" throughout the bus. The seats have not been high enough for the placement of shoulder belts and only having lap belts causes many more injuries. Federal regulations recently dictated that bus seats to be 6" higher than they have been to allow placement of shoulder belts. The problem with this is the driver will not be able to see over the seat backs, blocking kids from the view and the rear window making it harder to drive. They are possibly planning to add cameras to offset this.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Why not just pull the car over instead of putting us both at risk, if he wanted to run the plates? Yeah, it would have inconvenienced me, but it's his job and as long as he was polite, I would have had nothing poor to say or think about him pulling me over, checking to see if I was sober, had a DL, insurance, etc.

Only speculation, I obviously can't give the actual answer for why the guy did what he did or didn't do what he didn't do, but from the way this thread has gone so far, I can imagine we would still be here trying to give you an answer for something that you obviously don't really want an answer for but instead just want to gripe about because "some cop" did something in a manner that you don't like and somehow feel personally offended by. If you were interested in possible explanations, you would have read whatever posts suggested some and moved on, not answered each one with yet another question challenging the veracity of or logic behind the explanation.

Good day, sir.

Tate

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    The bottom line is that any officer who would do that is a jackass. Being bored is no excuse for reckless behavior. You should have tried to eyeball his unit number as he blew by and reported him. It probably won't do any good, but I'd put it on record anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom