Explain Police Behavior?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Corvette Racer

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Sorry to disappoint you, but my pop was a LEO. I was raised around LEOs. I am a security consultant and work with LEOs and Fortune 500 corporate security officers every day. I was friends with Mike Edmondson when he was a Sergeant, and I was extremely proud of him when he became Colonel. I'll drop some other names:

Tom Burbank, Brian Clemmons, Nap Paxton, Red Graphia, Danny Mixon, Jim Rushing, Pete Robison. Went to Jr. Deputy camp with some of these guys as counselors (yes, I'm that old). It was just a story. I never said I approved of it.

Apology accepted

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Sorry to disappoint you, but my pop was a LEO. I was raised around LEOs. I am a security consultant and work with LEOs and Fortune 500 corporate security officers every day. I was friends with Mike Edmondson when he was a Sergeant, and I was extremely proud of him when he became Colonel. I'll drop some other names:

Tom Burbank, Brian Clemmons, Nap Paxton, Red Graphia, Danny Mixon, Jim Rushing, Pete Robison. Went to Jr. Deputy camp with some of these guys as counselors (yes, I'm that old). It was just a story. I never said I approved of it.

Apology accepted

Did you tell Edmondson about your friends crime?

MOTOR51

Corvette Racer

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Nope, but I told him about the time he nearly caught me smoking a joint on Bourbon Street the year that the NOPD all had the blue flu. We both got a laugh out of that.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA

Apology accepted

Nope, but I told him about the time he nearly caught me smoking a joint on Bourbon Street the year that the NOPD all had the blue flu. We both got a laugh out of that.

Ok.

JR1572

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Corvette Racer

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    That explains a lot. Thanks

MOTOR51

BTW - That was around the mid to late 70s. People change a lot in 35+ years. I have clearance from FBI, Secret Service, DOJ, DOE, NRC, US NNSA, and a host of major corporations that I can't even mention due to NDAs. I never said the story was funny. I never said I approved of his actions. I was merely expanding on an earlier post regarding brake checking someone. And he was once a friend of mine, but morphed into a prick when he got a taste of power. That is why I quit after 12 years.

I am going 10-7

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    You probably think the cop made a run at my vehicle to see if I would flee/drive erratic like a drunk if I were/speed up and get a ticket.

I think you're right, if so. I have just never had one get that up on my bumper to do it.

I've had them do it. I used to care. Not anymore. Altering normal for criminals causes them to make errors. Tailgating is an attempt to make a criminal nervous.

Now if a marked car tailgates me in the right lane I pull over where it's safe. They just roll on past.

If an unmarked or random (how do I know if they're a LEO?) car tailgates me, I slow to the legal minimum. They pass. Usually very quickly.

Police have a dangerous, hard, scary, and often shitty job cleaning up the aftermath left from criminals, assholes, drug addicts, and alcoholics. I will not make their low paying job more difficult for them.

Yes, some are assholes. My behavior limits my exposure to the good and the bad.

I've put myself in situations where my interaction with police was less than ideal, but I've always abided by the law.

I've even been ticketed for made up infractions because (my theory) pulling me over with no reason and searching my car for hours and finding nothing was embarrassing. It was a long time ago and my nervousness was probably a false flag that I was hiding something.

Now? I don't give a ****. Much easier to remain calm when you don't care.

Last edited:

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    BTW - That was around the mid to late 70s. People change a lot in 35+ years. I have clearance from FBI, Secret Service, DOJ, DOE, NRC, US NNSA, and a host of major corporations that I can't even mention due to NDAs. I never said the story was funny. I never said I approved of his actions. I was merely expanding on an earlier post regarding brake checking someone. And he was once a friend of mine, but morphed into a prick when he got a taste of power. That is why I quit after 12 years.

I am going 10-7

tysonreaction.gif

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I didn't see this was as big an issue as you guys made it out to be.

There's a local Ascension parish drunk who's father is an attorney that was boasting once about getting a used police P71, tinting the windows, putting antennas all over it, and blasting down the interstate.

There are plenty of pricks out there so why get sand in the vajayjay about it.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

Apology accepted
    I want to throw out some names!! I was friends with Mr. Mike since before he was a Sergeant...since I was like three years old actually...so yea! Names thrown! Now if I only had a fancy picture to put at the bottom of this post!

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I'm friends with myself so that trumps all other LEO's.

MOTOR51

I'm friends with you.

Who are those people? I'm not from BR so other than Col. E., I have no idea who they are, and therefore totally unimpressed.

JR1572

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom