F class championshipmatch

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Either of you two been polishing up Ashlyn's trophy?:mamoru:

stirpot.gif
    :rolleyes:

s.i.t.

lead slinger
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    new orleans la
    True, but when the arrow is old and not able to hold it's potential any more it's tile to restring it. My tube is a factory one and its got about 3500 rounds through it and it'll barely hold 1" at 100 yards where it used to hold a one hole group with the same load

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    True, but when the arrow is old and not able to hold it's potential any more it's tile to restring it. My tube is a factory one and its got about 3500 rounds through it and it'll barely hold 1" at 100 yards where it used to hold a one hole group with the same load

When it still barely holds 1" at 100yards after Don gets through with it let me know and I'll take that P.O.S. off your hands for $500. :D

s.i.t.

lead slinger
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    new orleans la
    im not expecting it to loose accuracy for at least 8000 rounds with the new barrel. just found out how badly factory barrels suck. im not junking anything but the barrel. unless u want it for a hunting barrel. its a little heavy but will shoot better than a brand new hunting rifle thats factory and not precisly built.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    8000 rounds is a bit much if you are looking for the kind of accuracy that I think you are. I am assuming that you are shooting .308. They last a good long time, especially a cut rifled barrel like a Krieger. However, I am willing to bet that your X count drops below acceptable between 5000 and 6000 rounds. Remember, the X ring is only 1/2 MOA on the F-Class target. I notice a drop in accuracy on a 1 MOA highpower target at @3000 +/- 300 rounds with button rifled barrels with a .223 SR. I haven't worn out a Krieger yet, but from discussions with other accomplished shooters indicate 5000 for a .223 is about it (you may get a bit more 10 - 15% if you are lucky). .223 and .308 should last about the same number of rounds.

If you have a magnum, 5000 rounds is a pipe dream.

Dan

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Looks like the weather is going to shape up for this weekend's match. However, if it's anything like it's been then we're going to have some fun trying to work with the wind!!

Top Bottom