Fantasy Sniper Rifle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Geez...there is so much wrong in this thread...

First off Cheytac and Thor are 2 different companies so you couldnt have called and talked to manager of Cheytac/Thor.

Second off Cheytac is financially restructing for the half dozenth time and really not expected to come out of this one.

Third off the Thor 408 is produced by EDM Arms exclusively for Knesek Guns and hence named Thor.

Forth off the 408CT cartridge itself has been surpassed for about 5 years now lol. The 375/408 (commonly known as the 375 Cheytac BUT in reality Cheytac had nothing to do with its conception--its just something else they put their name on..sorta like the M200 being it was designed and built by EDM Arms that Cheytac took for their own).

Fifth..The 375/408 has been surpassed for about 13 months now and that is by cartridge I been working on for about 3 years :)

There are LOTS of differences between the XM and the Cheytac M200 produced by Becker or the original batch produced by EDM Arms....ALL DIFFERENT ever so slightly..biggest difference that cannot be seen is the barrels. All barrels for either 408 or 375 or any cartridge shooting solid projectiles are not the same. It actually depends on what projectile you intend to shoot and make sure the barrel you have can obtain best results from that projectile.

Thanks

Plinky.......is that you?

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    If this was left handed, KMW Sentinel(Terry Cross).

6%2027%2009%20digital%20photos%20056%20B&W.jpg

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    M777 155mm Howitzer firing the show stopping M712 Copperhead Round. Hits the first time every time, doesn't give a dman about the weather or the dark, and it has unsurpassed "knockdown" power.

Later

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2011
    Later can you post a link to the recreation of the world record sniper shot? I think the folks here would enjoy, and I can't find it.

HiCapMag, It appears DTA has removed their youtube channel. I do not have a copy of the video saved anywhere else.

Thanks

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    My fantasy sniper rifle would not use a cartridge that held a projectile propelled by a fast burning,volatile powder. It would be dead silent,travel faster than the speed of light and completely vaporize a target. ;)

HiCapMag

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom