Hawthorne police kill dog while arresting dog's owner for video recording them

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Speculation. But I disagree, either way.

Partially, yes...and for a reason.

To include other responses...

about they were just trying to grab the leash. If that were the case, then the officer needs to be suspended until he finds his brain. Must not be too smart to reach out at a stressed, larger breed animal.

A confused dog (it's body language and behavior show that it's conflicted) that is unsure what is going on with its master is approached rapidly by a stranger (dogs don't understand badges and uniforms) who reaches out at it. The dog shows both aggression and confusion and makes feigns, then it's shot. The officer, just as easily could've not approached the dog so rapidly, pepper sprayed the animal, and avoided an incident/law suit.

I see a lot of justification going on in this thread for bad choices... on both sides, but mainly on one. I'm not part of the clique, neither pro nor anti LEO, just an everyday guy with a military background and a history of training working dogs for sport, narcotics, and apprehension.

BTW, it's kind of hard to claim moral superiority when you call people with a differing viewpoint names or post silly, little MEMEs like 13 year olds...it's sad that grown men resort to such trashy behavior, then demand you respect their OPINION as the only correct answer.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    About as nuts as a cop that makes aggressive moves on a Rottweiler to get it to respond so he can shoot it.

Please read your post out loud so you can actually hear how foolish it sounds, never mind how clearly in conflict with the video evidence.

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    the more of those types of dogs killed the better. i say ban them and put them all down. good job officer and excellent shooting.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

about they were just trying to grab the leash. If that were the case, then the officer needs to be suspended until he finds his brain. Must not be too smart to reach out at a stressed, larger breed animal.

A confused dog (it's body language and behavior show that it's conflicted) that is unsure what is going on with its master is approached rapidly by a stranger (dogs don't understand badges and uniforms) who reaches out at it. The dog shows both aggression and confusion and makes feigns, then it's shot. The officer, just as easily could've not approached the dog so rapidly, pepper sprayed the animal, and avoided an incident/law suit.

I see a lot of justification going on in this thread for bad choices... on both sides, but mainly on one. I'm not part of the clique, neither pro nor anti LEO, just an everyday guy with a military background and a history of training working dogs for sport, narcotics, and apprehension.

BTW, it's kind of hard to claim moral superiority when you call people with a differing viewpoint names or post silly, little MEMEs like 13 year olds...it's sad that grown men resort to such trashy behavior, then demand you respect their OPINION as the only correct answer.

Holy ****, we are so lucky. We now have another lawyer, dog expert, and police tactics analyzer. Can you please tell us exactly how the police should have conducted themselves one more time? Also, could you please tell me how these tactics have worked for you in similar situations? Thanks

MOTOR51

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA

I'm convinced that I'm the only non-instructor/non-expert on this forum.

JR1572

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Holy ****, we are so lucky. We now have another lawyer, dog expert, and police tactics analyzer. Can you please tell us exactly how the police should have conducted themselves one more time? Also, could you please tell me how these tactics have worked for you in similar situations? Thanks

MOTOR51

I know. I'm so glad we have another expert who can tell us all that is wrong in the world.

JR1572

andimthejr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    westbank
    29516367.jpg

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

MOTOR51

Or where he gained all of these qualifications. He can be upset about people posting memes all he wants, the fact is he is another idiot with no real knowledge of the topic at hand. The hypocrisy of calling other people's comments trashy, while saying someone he has never met had a premeditated thought to kill a dog and acted it out, is amazing.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Thanks for proving my point in such short order.

BTW, I never claimed to be an expert in anything, just said I had experience training working dogs... but thanks for playing, Vanna has some nice gifts by the reception area.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    This video really made me sad. I love dogs. As a lot of you know my family does the dog rescue thing (no, we can't take any more, we're full). I'm going to say right off it was not the dog's fault. He wasn't even being aggressive, that dog was confused and being defensive while trying to protect his owner. The cop freaked him out more by trying to control him with the leash (not a good idea), but how is the cop supposed to know what to do with a big scary looking dog that's freaking out and will probably bite him? IMO he made a more than reasonable effort to control the dog before he felt like he was forced to shoot him to protect himself.

That SOB got his beautiful dog killed because he failed to secure him in the car. The fact that his big mouth caused the situation (debate the civil rights violations all you want, that's not what i'm getting at) can't be negated either. Owner's fault, very sad and unnecessary shoot; made unavoidable because Owner could have prevented it by locking up his dog before he decided to cause a confrontation with police.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

BTW, I never claimed to be an expert in anything, just said I had experience training working dogs... but thanks for playing, Vanna has some nice gifts by the reception area.

Does that expertise extend to psychic visions? How can you presume the officers intent? What do I need to major in to gain that ability?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Your profile says Ur an offshore mechanic. I've had experience offshore fishing so let me know when you need help doing your job.

MOTOR51

Top Bottom