I can't believe people are stupid enough to pay outrageous prices.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Well, I do see one in Covington, one in Hattiesburg, and one in Caney Texas. And yes, the one I linked to is the 26968 (I think you got the digits mixed up the first part of your post but I knew what you meant) which is the AR mag model. Is this not what you were looking for? You stated all that like i needed clarification or my post was in error. Was that not the model you were looking for? Is that not the gun you wanted?
    I mentioned Academy in my post as well, but most people know that’s a gamble once you jump in your car and head that way. Anyone can waltz in and buy that rifle. I find it a little puzzling that you’d worry so much about me selling a rifle you can’t buy anyway.

As far as the price of my rifle, I’ve listed it for what I have in it. I have the receipt from Cabela’s and I can show the cost of the extra rotary mag and yes, although I saw mention of used, the gun is still unused in the box I brought it home in. I didn’t buy it yesterday. I bought it nearly 3 years ago. I bought 2 that day as a matter of fact. If I drop the price by $50 I’ll keep the extra mag. If I don’t sell the rifle I will keep it and likely hand it down to one of my sons.

Paw, Is that you Paw? Don't sell my gun Paw.I really love it and you too !

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I disagree with the aspect of you thinking the price should drop significantly just because it’s a private sale and not from a dealer. If I buy a gun, hold it for awhile then decide I do t like it and sell it after not every shooting it once that’s still a brand new gun and your crazy if you think anyone here probably including yourself would sell a gun for 30% less than what was posted just because it’s not coming from a dealer lol. That’s the craziest thing I’ve heard in awhile man. If I buy a $1,000 gun and then decide to sell it two days later I should sell it for $700? Cmon man sounds like your just salty about that specific gun because you’d like to get it for a deal

No, I'm not salty. My opinion on used guns hasn't changed. If I'm not a dealer, a gun I am selling is used. It may be "like new" but it's still used. This is not the first time I've said that. And there's some uncertainty that goes along with the sale. Sure, I may say there's been no rounds through it but can you really be sure? I'm listing the rifle as a BCM but how do you know it's not a Bear Creek upper with a fancy handguard? If you don't know me, you're taking a chance. If an item is available new, a used version priced more than 80% of the new price isn't worth it to me. At 80%, it's just a little more to get an item with a known background.

As far as selling a gun that hasn't been fired for the price I paid for it, neither you nor I can say what I would do. I am not an impulsive gun buyer. If I buy a gun, it's going to be one I've considered for a while and made sure it was one that I wanted. I rarely sell guns for that reason. But you're welcome to look over my old ads to see my pricing strategy. In fact, here's a couple to get you started.

https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums...S-Sig-Sauer-P238-380-ACP-Purple-Pearl-400-obo
    https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums...erMolded-Stock-40-(Free-bag-added-02-21-2019)
    https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums...erCo-ASR-7-62-Muzzle-Brake-Never-Installed-50

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    ..... I never brought you up in my post. I never directly brought your ad up in my post. I never listed your asking post in my post. I never even mentioned if the weapon was a handgun or a long gun. I tried to keep the detail behind what ad I was using as a reference vague enough so that people would not have realized it was your ad. You were the one who jumped in and mentioned your ad.

So you do you. Good luck with your sale. If no one else grabs it and the price is right, I'll send you a PM. Unless you want to trade it now for a Mossberg 500. If so, send me a PM.
    You’re right, you never mentioned me or the ad specifically, but I don’t think you’re scratching you’re head trying to figure out how I knew exactly what rifle and exactly what ad. Like I said, all fodder considering you can’t buy this rifle anyway, which is why I jumped in and mentioned it.

Whatever premium price means or is supposed to mean, I’ve not gouged or inflated the price of this rifle. I’m asking what I have in it. You could spend a good minute looking over a few guns here that are priced above what the owner paid, but not this rifle. I remember seeing a USP 9 for 1100 bucks. That’s about twice what I paid for mine.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    ut01y9p.gif

As always, here we go again. Maybe they can get their own section that’s blocked from anyone but those 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Who is the third?

I see Perez and Magdump going back and forth.

Cmon Dave, are you going to make an attempt at trying to troll me as well? The third person would be you. It’s not hard to see

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Cmon Dave, are you going to make an attempt at trying to troll me as well? The third person would be you. It’s not hard to see

Cmon what? I had a few posts in here, quoting Perez and replying to someone else. Are you accusing me of something? Sure seems like it. What is hard to see is why you keep complaining. You think things will change, because you want them to?

Put your name in the hat for the mod staff. You already seem to show up every time Perez and Magdump start going back and forth.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    No, I'm not salty. My opinion on used guns hasn't changed. If I'm not a dealer, a gun I am selling is used. It may be "like new" but it's still used. This is not the first time I've said that. And there's some uncertainty that goes along with the sale. Sure, I may say there's been no rounds through it but can you really be sure? I'm listing the rifle as a BCM but how do you know it's not a Bear Creek upper with a fancy handguard? If you don't know me, you're taking a chance. If an item is available new, a used version priced more than 80% of the new price isn't worth it to me. At 80%, it's just a little more to get an item with a known background.

As far as selling a gun that hasn't been fired for the price I paid for it, neither you nor I can say what I would do. I am not an impulsive gun buyer. If I buy a gun, it's going to be one I've considered for a while and made sure it was one that I wanted. I rarely sell guns for that reason. But you're welcome to look over my old ads to see my pricing strategy. In fact, here's a couple to get you started.

https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums...S-Sig-Sauer-P238-380-ACP-Purple-Pearl-400-obo
    https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums...erMolded-Stock-40-(Free-bag-added-02-21-2019)
    https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums...erCo-ASR-7-62-Muzzle-Brake-Never-Installed-50

you listed a gun you sold for a friend and two accessories. None of which was a brand new gun you bought and didn’t fire and were selling for 30%-40% less according to your standards so what exactly am I supposed to be looking at here? This is apples to oranges.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You’re right, you never mentioned me or the ad specifically, but I don’t think you’re scratching you’re head trying to figure out how I knew exactly what rifle and exactly what ad. Like I said, all fodder considering you can’t buy this rifle anyway, which is why I jumped in and mentioned it.

Whatever premium price means or is supposed to mean, I’ve not gouged or inflated the price of this rifle. I’m asking what I have in it. You could spend a good minute looking over a few guns here that are priced above what the owner paid, but not this rifle.

I was vague so people wouldn't know I was talking about your ad. If you hadn't outed yourself, people still wouldn't know your ad was the basis of my post. I never mentioned you or the ad because you're welcome to list it for whatever you want to list it at. There are a lot of guns on here that are priced more than they are worth. What was paid has no relation to what the items are worth. I picked that ad, not because it was yours, but because I knew the market price as compared to the asking price.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    As far as selling a gun that hasn't been fired for the price I paid for it, neither you nor I can say what I would do. I am not an impulsive gun buyer. If I buy a gun, it's going to be one I've considered for a while and made sure it was one that I wanted. I rarely sell guns for that reason.

you listed a gun you sold for a friend and two accessories. None of which was a brand new gun you bought and didn’t fire and were selling for 30%-40% less according to your standards so what exactly am I supposed to be looking at here? This is apples to oranges.

Yeah...I said that in the post you replied to. I don't buy guns unless I know I want them so I'm not going to turn around and sell a gun I just bought. And you mentioned 30-40%. I mentioned 20%. The ads just show that I list used items at used prices.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Cmon what? I had a few posts in here, quoting Perez and replying to someone else. Are you accusing me of something? Sure seems like it. What is hard to see is why you keep complaining. You think things will change, because you want them to?

Put your name in the hat for the mod staff. You already seem to show up every time Perez and Magdump start going back and forth.

Yes I’m accusing you of something. I’m accusing you of constantly trolling and arguing with Magdump over almost everything that’s posted. I don’t things will change but I don’t mind pointing out the obvious between you three. Does that bother you? It must because you seem quite defensive about it. A quick search of the threads will let you see the BS arguments. And why would I want to be a mod? The only mod that I see regularly posting spends most of his time trolling a member with you.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yes I’m accusing you of something. I’m accusing you of constantly trolling and arguing with Magdump over almost everything that’s posted. I don’t things will change but I don’t mind pointing out the obvious between you three. Does that bother you? It must because you seem quite defensive about it. A quick search of the threads will let you see the BS arguments. And why would I want to be a mod? The only mod that I see regularly posting spends most of his time trolling a member with you.

When, at any point in this thread, have I argued with Magdump?

Find the post in this thread where I replied to Magdump.

I'll wait.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    When, at any point in this thread, have I argued with Magdump?

Find the post in this thread where I replied to Magdump.

I'll wait.

I’m not getting drug down this rabbit hole with you Dave, nice try though. Have a good night.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I left magdump and any references to him and his ad out of my posts until he brought himself into it.

And I can talk to Austin about bringing you on board or replacing me as mod.

Top Bottom