I can't believe people are stupid enough to pay outrageous prices.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I like how you bumped this just to make sure it’s at the top, with fingers crossed for more fighting :rofl:

Aw man,That's good coffee,Hoping my buddy would stop in for a cup? Anyway I ended up out in the woods in Beauregard doing man stuff...

I just wanted to let him know about the gun show in Lafayette,Probably filthy with 9mm's

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    CTD officially being called out

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-texas-ag-accuses-cheaper-than-dirt-of-price-gouging/

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has accused the Fort Worth-based website Cheaper Than Dirt, which primarily sells firearms, ammunition and hunting gear, of price gouging at the start of the pandemic.

The AG’s office identified over 4,000 sales that involved price gouging and has directed Cheaper Than Dirt to pay $402,786 in refunds to consumers, according to court documents filed this month.

Over 100 people have complained to the AG’s office about Cheaper Than Dirt, the Houston Chronicle reported earlier this year.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-texas-ag-accuses-cheaper-than-dirt-of-price-gouging/

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has accused the Fort Worth-based website Cheaper Than Dirt, which primarily sells firearms, ammunition and hunting gear, of price gouging at the start of the pandemic.

The AG’s office identified over 4,000 sales that involved price gouging and has directed Cheaper Than Dirt to pay $402,786 in refunds to consumers, according to court documents filed this month.

Over 100 people have complained to the AG’s office about Cheaper Than Dirt, the Houston Chronicle reported earlier this year.

alamoammo and cheaperthandirt are by far the worst two I’ve seen. Alamoammo has Monarch 9mm 115gr steel case 200rd boxes for sale right now for $130. Monarch is an Academy sports exclusive brand and can only be bought directly from academy. You can’t even order it online. I just bought a box of 200 yesterday for $39.99.
    I would t have an issue if they were selling it for $50$60 or hell on the high end even doubling the price but to go and have employees go to academy for you and buy as many boxes as you can then resell an Academy rand online for more than double the price is absolutely ridiculous.

On a positive note it seems 9mm is getting easier to find online for decent prices. I’ve been coming across a few selling it for .45 to .50 per round which is still expensive but a lot better than just a couple of weeks ago where you couldn’t find it for cheaper than .70 per round.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central

I don't get it . Was CTD selling Insulin or Pacemaker batteries ? You pay too much for something related to your hobby and then you want the government to do something about it .

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Lol, I've never bought the first thing from those hooligans,Glad they final received some ''Justice''

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Speaking of cheaperthandirt it was just a few weeks ago I was looking online for some more 00 buck and saw they were selling boxes of 5 00 buckshot for a whopping $9 per round. Yep $45 for 5 00 buckshot shells. The sad part is someone somewhere probably didn’t know any better and bought some.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I don't get it . Was CTD selling Insulin or Pacemaker batteries ? You pay too much for something related to your hobby and then you want the government to do something about it .

Agreed. The same people complaining about “the man” wants him to bail them out of their bad decisions. Texas has been on a rampage lately lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    That’s the problem. Guns and ammo were deemed this year to be essential and we have so called pro 2A gun guys referring to it as a hobby. Maybe we think differently but to me firearms are a God given right for citizens of the United States and they are certainly essential in my eyes.

4 things I never leave the house without regardless of where I’m going: keys, gun, wallet, cellphone.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    And is the gouging law just for businesses or is their an exemption for private sellers? That could be a slippery slope

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    http://legis.la.gov/legis/Law.aspx?d=85680

§732. Price gouging; prohibited

A. During a state of emergency as declared by the governor or as declared by the parish president, the prices charged or value received for goods and services sold within the designated emergency area may not exceed the prices ordinarily charged for comparable goods and services in the same market area at or immediately before the time of the state of emergency, unless the price by the seller is attributable to fluctuations in applicable commodity markets, fluctuations in applicable regional or national market trends, or to reasonable expenses and charges and attendant business risk incurred in procuring or selling the goods or services during the state of emergency. Notwithstanding any other provision of law to the contrary, it shall not be deemed a violation of this Section if the prices charged for goods and services sold within the designated emergency area by an individual in the same market area, at or immediately before the time of the emergency, have not changed except as allowed herein during a state of emergency declared in accordance with this Section.

B. The prohibition as provided for in Subsection A of this Section is effective for an initial period not to exceed thirty days pursuant to the initial declared state of emergency as referenced in R.S. 29:724, and shall be renewed only by specific reference in any subsequent proclamations renewing the declared state of emergency by the governor.

C. Each sale or offer for sale in violation of this Section constitutes a separate offense.

D. The penalties provided in R.S. 29:734 are in addition to civil remedies provided by law, including attorney fees.

E. Local governing authorities may adopt appropriate ordinances to implement the provisions of this Section.

F.(1) Notwithstanding any provision of this Section to the contrary, this Section shall apply to gasoline or diesel fuel of any grade or formula sold or offered for sale within the designated emergency area for ultimate use in the operation of motor vehicles, generators, power tools, or small engines.

(2) For purposes of this Subsection, the term "sale" shall include any transaction involving the transfer of gasoline or diesel fuel at the terminal until purchase by the ultimate consumer at a service station, convenience store or other fixed retail facility.

(3) The provisions of this Section shall also apply to the sale, or offer for sale, of gasoline or diesel fuel to the ultimate consumer from any facility other than a service station, convenience store, or other similar fixed facility, including sales in which such gasoline or diesel fuel is sold by any person from any container irrespective of type, form, or volume.

G. Nothing in this Section shall be construed so as to create a private cause of action in favor of any person damaged by a violation of this Section.

Acts 1993, No. 800, §1, eff. June 22, 1993; Acts 2005, No. 149, §1; Acts 2008, No. 756, §1; Acts 2009, No. 494, §2; Acts 2009, No. 512, §1; Acts 2010, No. 163, §1.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but that law also only applies if the Governor declares a state of emergency in Louisiana, correct?

Other states may have differing laws.

Or parish president

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom