i hate shopping for new truck/suv... help?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I thought about a truck, but an SUV was so much more practical for me. My terrain is in dark grey and has nothing feminine on it. Besides...I don't need to make up for the size of certain appendages like some guys with big trucks seem to.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I like the look of some of those trucks but im back to that whole "i never use the bed" thing. back to SUV hopping. ill keep thread updated.

looking hard at the jeep lineup today after i leave the office

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Here's the thing. Having a bed is nice. Goes with the saying. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
    You can always put a bed cover on it and use it for storage or something. Just an idea.
    Good luck on whatever you choose.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    The new Explorers are sexy in my opinion.

I. Love. Them.

And I'm with ^^^ regarding the bed. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

calcagno45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Gramercy, LA
    Here's the thing. Having a bed is nice. Goes with the saying. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
    You can always put a bed cover on it and use it for storage or something. Just an idea.

Most bed covers will provide that excuse to give people when asked to help them move as well. "Sorry, that won't fit with my bed cover"

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

Exactly. I drove a maple tree home yesterday. Certainly wasn't thinking of that when I bought the truck.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I thought about a truck, but an SUV was so much more practical for me. My terrain is in dark grey and has nothing feminine on it, aside from a purple dong antenna topper. Besides...I don't need to make up for the size of certain appendages like some guys with big trucks seem to.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

Fixed.

I'm sure a mini van would've been much more practical.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought about a truck, but an SUV was so much more practical for me. My terrain is in dark grey and has nothing feminine on it, aside from a purple dong antenna topper. Besides...I don't need to make up for the size of certain appendages like some guys with big trucks seem to.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

Fixed.

I'm sure a mini van would've been much more practical.

swingey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    prairieville,la.
    U can't go wrong with a tundra r Tacoma, just get a 4 door u won't regret it,that kid will grow!That being said I am driving a 09 Silverado extra cab,it'd a good truck...if u need a toyota salesman pm me...

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    For me, enclosed cargo space in an SUV > pickup bed.

I would rarely utilize the bed of a pickup, but I would frequently use the cargo space behind the back seats of an SUV.

You can put stuff in the backseat of a supercrew pickup but it's less than ideal, as is putting groceries or valuable belongings outside in the bed of a truck.

I guess I would then have the ability to move a sofa or a refrigerator once a year, but I'd rather pay the deliveryman to do that.

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    F150 all the way, crew cab. The quietest, most reliable, and a very soft riding truck. Tried a few, ended up with Ford and have not been disappointed in many years. Toyota is too proud of their truck. Dodge has become too unreliable. Had a ton of problems with Dodge. GMC... May be... My personal choice is F150xlt. Next one is going to be a lariat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    For me, enclosed cargo space in an SUV > pickup bed.

I would rarely utilize the bed of a pickup, but I would frequently use the cargo space behind the back seats of an SUV.

You can put stuff in the backseat of a supercrew pickup but it's less than ideal, as is putting groceries or valuable belongings outside in the bed of a truck.

I guess I would then have the ability to move a sofa or a refrigerator once a year, but I'd rather pay the deliveryman to do that.

2013-ram-1500-loaded-backseat

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    F150 all the way, crew cab. The quietest, most reliable, and a very soft riding truck. Tried a few, ended up with Ford and have not been disappointed in many years. Toyota is too proud of their truck. Dodge has become too unreliable. Had a ton of problems with Dodge. GMC... May be... My personal choice is F150xlt. Next one is going to be a lariat.

Had a 4th generation ram or dodge yet?
    Ford can't even offer more than a 5yr/60,000mi warranty on the f150 2013+ and I think also on their heavy duty line as well.
    Ford has been through 3 or 4 Diesel engine designs in less than a decade.
    The fx2 and fx4 are sweet trucks none the less. All the makes have their quirks which is why I'm not married to any of them. As of right now dodge and ram are producing top quality vehicles in my opinion. Market thinks so as well.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    U can't go wrong with a tundra r Tacoma, just get a 4 door u won't regret it,that kid will grow!That being said I am driving a 09 Silverado extra cab,it'd a good truck...if u need a toyota salesman pm me...

Pooh Yaah I just strolled over to Toyota Dealer in Hammond's site dem babies are HIGH lol

Anyone got in info on the Honda Ridgeline RTL...Look's like I'm going to be purchasing soon my 1998 GMC Sierra is getting tired:{

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Ford can't even offer more than a 5yr/60,000mi warranty on the f150 2013+ and I think also on their heavy duty line as well.

There's a reason that a Ford remains number one and doesn't have to peddle a huge warranty to get you to buy their truck. Also there's a reason why the other guys have to woo you with a big warranty to convince you to buy theirs.

I don't care if they'll keep fixing it for free forever, I'd rather not have to have it fixed. Finally for me, a 100k or lifetime warranty sounds nice but honestly I'm not going to keep it that long.

Last edited:

Kcabear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Gueydan
    Just got a 2013 f150 crew lariat 4x4 about two months ago with 5 year 100,000 mile warranty. Sterling had $10,000 off plus lifetime oil changes. It's a nice truck, I understand why an F150 is sold every 42 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    I had GMC/Chevy/Dodge owners in my truck and they could not believe how roomy and quiet it is... Not to jinx myself, but it's over 100k and I've not had to do any major work on it except change oil, breaks, and tires.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Just got a 2013 f150 crew lariat 4x4 about two months ago with 5 year 100,000 mile warranty. Sterling had $10,000 off plus lifetime oil changes. It's a nice truck, I understand why an F150 is sold every 42 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How certain are you?
    Fords website and warranty guide states powertrain has a 5yr/60k.
    Unles you have a powerstroke.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395496862.415641.jpg

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    I use a Acura MDX for my commute.

It works well, no issues.

i have a Chevy Duramax truck, and it is great too. I just dont use for commute.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom