I just got a vasectomy. Any questions or comments?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    If you want cheap I have a set of these:
    $(KGrHqF,!rUE-lIbreGRBQB-4o5qgw~~60_35.JPG

Only used on one goat.
    I'll make you a better deal than SeventhSon. :ninja:

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Was the first kid planned after a change of heart, or did they surprise you and you "discover" your love for children?
    First kid was a accident to be honest. It's not a love for children thing. It's the love that you can feel for YOUR children. I still dislike OP kids. To say it changes you sounds inaccurate. It's more like a realization of how small everything else is. I'm still the same person with different priorities. Take all the important things you have done in your life and how they made you feel and I can guarantee that you will have a hard time remembering any of that when your 5 year old who looks just like you brings you his green frog he colored at school and is as proud as he could be. Not saying kids are for everyone but it's something you may not want to miss out on. I would not get this done in my 20's with no children.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    In all seriousness, my kids are my world. We adopted our fist child, not because we couldn't have any. We never tried and were living the young married couple life, but because she needed a home we decided to jump into parenthood. Then we had our first boy a few years later and another boy a few years after that. I cant even imagine life without them. I never thought I could ever love another living thing as much as I love those little rug rats (and the now big rug rat). That being said, three is enough for us.

Oh.. Oh wow. I don't mean the patronizing oh wow either. That's a speechless oh wow. :)

Young married couples who aren't trying, haven't thought about trying, and weren't "in the market" deciding to open their home to a child is amazing. Adopting a pet and deciding am I really committed to the next decade is hard enough even with two kids and a 17 year marriage. Much less 15 years ago, and fertile with the ignorant assumption that there are other people that could do a better job.

Getting pregnant, I think, is a concept that you really don't understand fully until it's THERE, crying at 2am. If more 20(ish) year old couples understood that 2am sacrifice and responsibility, they'd probably hold off for a few more years. Not necessarily a bad thing IMO. Adoption comes with a set of hardships on it's own, a young couple deciding together to walk into that without an "incubation" period… They're pretty strong and solid.

I am in awe. Ya'll rock. :)

If that made sense, hopefully I didn't butcher my intentional meaning.

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Then they turn into teenagers and know more then you do and think you are all screwed up.

Then they get older and you slowly get smarter. Mine are twenty something, so I'll have to let you know later, about when that starts. Then of course you hit your 70's and no longer give a sh1t what they think about you. That's when they gotta worry about what you think of them, i.e. wills and estate. Haha.

Railrunner

Bunkie Boy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    Bunkie, La.
    Kiss your balls goodbye!! :wavey:
    Just kidding. LOL
    On a serious note, its is proven that those of us who've done it, are noticed to have a higher chance of prostate cancer. Just keep an I on our PSA any time you have blood work.
    Besides that........hammer on!!!!!!!!

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Cat: I appreciate the kudos but honestly, it wasn't a hard decision. We knew her when she was a toddler. Met her a couple times and when my wife said to me " you remember that little girl....well she is in foster care and...." my only question was "When can we go get her?". We adopted her at 7 and she is 18 now and a Freshman at LSU. Could not be more proud of her. Her little brothers think she hung the moon and have become hardcore LSU fans because of her.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    First kid was a accident to be honest. It's not a love for children thing. It's the love that you can feel for YOUR children. I still dislike OP kids. To say it changes you sounds inaccurate. It's more like a realization of how small everything else is. I'm still the same person with different priorities. Take all the important things you have done in your life and how they made you feel and I can guarantee that you will have a hard time remembering any of that when your 5 year old who looks just like you brings you his green frog he colored at school and is as proud as he could be. Not saying kids are for everyone but it's something you may not want to miss out on. I would not get this done in my 20's with no children.

That sounds a lot to me like "You can't understand until you're there". I personally don't think that I want kids, and have always felt that way. I am/would be very much against having a child so that I can learn to love them/appreciate them. That's what I feel like I would be doing, if I had one, and I feel that I would love them, but I would resent them. Kindof like taxes. I pay them like I should, but I sure wish I didn't have to deal with them. Of course, you read this as a parent and just shake your head, and I understand that, but as a single guy who doesn't like kids, fake smiles when others shove pictures of them under my nose, I just do not think that I should have kids.

That aside, I distrust STRONGLY the institution of marriage, and I think for a child to be balanced, or at least, to have the most balanced upbringing, a mother and a father should be present in the home, so that they can learn what each has to offer. I don't know any parents that are still together. I don't think I could 100% trust another guy to do something like help raise my kid when my X wife re-married, even if I wanted kids/marriage/all that. So I don't even trust what the foundation of a good home for child rearing purposes is. Will I eventually find some girl who makes me do stupid things? Yeah, I probably will give in and get married one day, but it will end like most of my relationships: No harm, no foul, here's your stuff, and the prenup says you get none of mine. Need anything, call me. Lets see other people, now.

So you see, my entire mindset is both anti-child (of mine, other people's kids are fine as long as they aren't annoying in public, ie barking like a dog and running around on all 4's at the restaurant.), and anti-things conducive to child---because children make divorce NASTY. Been there, done that, as the kid.

Me having a child would be like a bull owning a china shop.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Cat: I appreciate the kudos but honestly, it wasn't a hard decision. We knew her when she was a toddler. Met her a couple times and when my wife said to me " you remember that little girl....well she is in foster care and...." my only question was "When can we go get her?". We adopted her at 7 and she is 18 now and a Freshman at LSU. Could not be more proud of her. Her little brothers think she hung the moon and have become hardcore LSU fans because of her.

You, sir, did a great job :hi5:

I'm in the group of not-expectings. We got married young and had a surprise a few months later. Wouldn't change it for the world, and we want more! Well, one more then snippity...

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport

See, that's awesome, but my Dad and his new wife are taking care of a kid who has a bad home and all he has done is steal from them, sit at home and play video games, and just got arrested the other week for shoplifting. He didn't apply himself AT ALL in school, and can't even get into a normal public highschool (is 17 now) because his middle-school performance was so dismal (he isn't stupid, he just never tried).

So I guess what I'm saying is yeah, I am glad that you got lucky, but that's all I think a good kid is: luck with a tiny bit of parenting. I mean, I come from a broken home, raised by grandparents who mainly hammered on my door at 0700 every day and put me to work in their lawn on the week-ends. Other than that, day-care raised me for the most part. Look at me? No criminal history, stable career that provides very well for me, no messy divorces yet, credit score in the mid 700's, blah blah blah. I would say I have my flaws, but over-all, I turned out acceptably. Divorce, restraining order against step-dad (no, no touching bad places, he was just an asshat, still is, but I'm bigger and he never fought full contact, so he doesn't yell in my face anymore.), moved out when I was 13 to live with grandparents, and all that jazz. No magical parent-hood or happy childhood necessary. Just luck that I was born with a drive to succeed. Sounds like your daughter has it, but some don't.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Kiss your balls goodbye!! :wavey:
    Just kidding. LOL
    On a serious note, its is proven that those of us who've done it, are noticed to have a higher chance of prostate cancer. Just keep an I on our PSA any time you have blood work.
    Besides that........hammer on!!!!!!!!

Crap. By a factor of? My father's father had prostate cancer, so I am wary of this.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    You, sir, did a great job :hi5:

I'm in the group of not-expectings. We got married young and had a surprise a few months later. Wouldn't change it for the world, and we want more! Well, one more then snippity...

Thanks man. We were married young. She was 19 and I was 21. Military for me and college for her. We were married about 7-8 years before we a adopted her. Didn't want to bring a kid into the military/college lifestyle until we settled down.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Me personally, until I had my tubes "tied", I wasn't allowed in the mountains. We had been talking, maybe beginning to try after our trip to Yellowstone. I got pregnant in Yellowstone.

We visited the Canadian Rockies very briefly. I was in the mountain air 24 hours. Came home, Sore boobs two weeks later.

Had been trying for six months to get pregnant. I was beginning to stress it. We took a mini vacation back into the mountains. Came back with a third souviner. ;)

We didn't travel as much early in our marriage so the only times I went into higher elevation, my ovaries shifted into fertile egg production overtime. Never went into mountains and not come back pregnant until we fixed the pipes.

Last edited:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    See, that's awesome, but my Dad and his new wife are taking care of a kid who has a bad home and all he has done is steal from them, sit at home and play video games, and just got arrested the other week for shoplifting. He didn't apply himself AT ALL in school, and can't even get into a normal public highschool (is 17 now) because his middle-school performance was so dismal (he isn't stupid, he just never tried).

So I guess what I'm saying is yeah, I am glad that you got lucky, but that's all I think a good kid is: luck with a tiny bit of parenting. I mean, I come from a broken home, raised by grandparents who mainly hammered on my door at 0700 every day and put me to work in their lawn on the week-ends. Other than that, day-care raised me for the most part. Look at me? No criminal history, stable career that provides very well for me, no messy divorces yet, credit score in the mid 700's, blah blah blah. I would say I have my flaws, but over-all, I turned out acceptably. Divorce, restraining order against step-dad (no, no touching bad places, he was just an asshat, still is, but I'm bigger and he never fought full contact, so he doesn't yell in my face anymore.), moved out when I was 13 to live with grandparents, and all that jazz. No magical parent-hood or happy childhood necessary. Just luck that I was born with a drive to succeed. Sounds like your daughter has it, but some don't.

Could be luck. She came from a bad home with bad parents. She knows it cause she lived it. We were tough on her, no doubt. She'll tell you that. But she's going to LSU and I haven't paid a cent. She's doing it all on her own. We never had any serious trouble from her growing up. She has never once raised her voice to us. She's in a long term committed relationship with a guy whose family we have know for over 11 years. But yeah, a little luck a little bit of good parenting and a whole lot of love and prayer and she's made it. She's standing on her own. She's an amazing young woman and I'm glad God gave us a chance to be a part of that.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Could be luck. She came from a bad home with bad parents. She knows it cause she lived it. We were tough on her, no doubt. She'll tell you that. But she's going to LSU and I haven't paid a cent. She's doing it all on her own. We never had any serious trouble from her growing up. She has never once raised her voice to us. She's in a long term committed relationship with a guy whose family we have know for over 11 years. But yeah, a little luck a little bit of good parenting and a whole lot of love and prayer and she's made it. She's standing on her own. She's an amazing young woman and I'm glad God gave us a chance to be a part of that.

You're leaving out the almost getting arrested by LSUPD part but other than that looks like you did a good job. I think it has a lot to do with parenting...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    You're leaving out the almost getting arrested by LSUPD part but other than that looks like you did a good job. I think it has a lot to do with parenting...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

But that was YOUR fault with your shady crumpled up paper bag deal. Lol

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Me personally, until I had my tubes "tied", I wasn't allowed in the mountains. We had been talking, maybe beginning to try after our trip to Yellowstone. I got pregnant in Yellowstone.

We visited the Canadian Rockies very briefly. I was in the mountain air 24 hours. Came home, Sore boobs two weeks later.

Had been trying for six months to get pregnant. I was beginning to stress it. We took a mini vacation back into the mountains. Came back with a third souviner. ;)

We didn't travel as much early in our marriage so the only times I went into higher elevation, my ovaries shifted into fertile egg production overtime. Never went into mountains and not come back pregnant until we fixed the pipes.

Based on that people in the mountains should have more children than people in lower elevations. It is a good thing my parents lived in Louisiana and not in the mountains.
    They only had 10 children in Louisiana. I wonder how many there would have been if they lived in the mountains?

Top Bottom