I just got a vasectomy. Any questions or comments?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    You're in your 20's and don't have any kids. Are you retarded? Anyway...
    No, I don't want kids. I never have, and while I can change my mind later being human and all, that goes for anything. Not everyone likes kids.
    Total downtime is about a week. It's not very painful...though it seems worse just because it's an area you spend your whole life protecting. It's not a sharp pain though. Grab your balls and squeeze them until it hurts. That's about it, for about 30 minutes straight. Same pain during healing as well, though much milder. I think the worst part of the whole thing was the cauterizing of the vas. Very weird pain and a smell that stuck with me for days.
    Sounds worth it. Yes, I have smelled that a lot (burning human flesh/bovie). It is foul.
    I was nervous as hell going to the office, but the valium they supplied made everything okay. I was laughing and surfing BS on my phone during the procedure. The doctor said "Okay one down, let's start the next one." I said "Wow, awesome." Then he said "Just kidding you're all done." It was that easy.
    Not bad.
    I think my doc gave a 99.9% success rate. Even so, my doc offers free "comfort" tests for life. Bring him a sample and he'll take you to the lab and check it on the spot. Great for paranoid people or people wondering why the hell their wife is pregnant. :o
    Yeah, I am paranoid. I would benefit from that service.
    Absolutely nothing changes post-surgery. All it does it cut the hose. Your balls don't know the difference. No change in hormones, libedo, nothing. Ejaculate looks exactly the same, same volume.

Very good to hear. My urologist has like 4 kids, so he wouldn't discuss it with me willingly, but there are other urologists. If I don't change my mind by another year or two, snip snip. Been thinking about this for the last 5 years.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    This nothing strenuous is killing me. I want to do stuff, but everytime I get up the wife yells at me.

Against all your natural instincs, your wife is 100% correct. Take it from someone who figured it would be fine, It won't be. Rest. Sit on the couch. Later that afternoon I was moving furniture and two days later I was at work up and down ladders and being a very pained aircraft mechanic. YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!! Black and Blue!!!!! Months of soreness!!!!! in that place!!!!!!

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Congrats! I got mine done 14 years ago. After you are all healed up and you can do your thing with no worries it will be all worth it.

I really appreciated it after my divorce and before I got married this time. :hi5:

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Never understood why some people have trouble admitting they got the procedure.

If you are done with procreating, but not fornicating; it works wonders. ;)

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Wow! I'm reading the tales here, and wondering if I really had the same procedure. 20 years ago, 15min, in office, $125, injection was just a little pressure, two 1/8 in. incisions. No pain meds; didn't need any. Incisions itched 3 or 4 times over 2 days. A little tenderness (not soreness) for 2 days. No effect on daily routine, except the boys didn't get any "exercise" for a week. Probably because I was out of town. Guess I was lucky, for once.

Btw, the vas deferens are located fairly high up, away from the REALLY delicate stuff.

Last edited:

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    Felt like getting stung in the sac by a wasp
    :eek3:

Considering it myself. Have a boy and a girl already, and another boy in the oven. Providing all goes well :x: I'll probably shut down the plant

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Absolutely nothing changes post-surgery. All it does it cut the hose. Your balls don't know the difference. No change in hormones, libedo, nothing. Ejaculate looks exactly the same, same volume.

I wouldn't say absolutely nothing changes...

Q: What are the biggest problems associated with vasectomies?
    A: The most significant side effect is chronic pain after a vasectomy. About 1 in 1,000 men experience pain afterward. After a vasectomy, men continue to produce sperm at about the same rate as before, and those sperm have to go somewhere. They typically build up in the epididymis, which is a 16-foot-long tightly coiled tube behind each testicle where sperm learn to swim. Some men become sensitive to the buildup of pressure in the duct and begin to experience pain.

http://www.nytimes.com/ref/health/healthguide/esn-vasectomy-expert.html

SPERM GRANULOMAS
    After the vas deferens has been cut, sperm continue to be produced by the testicles post-vasectomy. Sometimes, sperm begin to leak out of the cut end of the vas deferens after vasectomy, and a small mass starts to grow on the end of the vas. This mass is called a sperm granuloma. Sperm granulomas can sometimes grow large enough to be felt under the skin. Rarely, these lumps become tender, painful or swollen, and must be surgically removed.

HEMATOMA
    A hematoma is another cause of a lump in the testicle after vasectomy. A post-vasectomy complication, a hematoma occurs when blood starts to pool and clump together in the testicles. Other causes of a hematoma include being injured or having certain illnesses or clotting disorders. These lumps appear in about 1 to 6 percent of men post-vasectomy, shortly after the vasectomy procedure is finished.

POST-VASECTOMY PAIN SYNDROME
    Some men experience long-term, chronic pain after vasectomy. This is called post-vasectomy pain syndrome (PVPS). Post-vasectomy pain syndrome is usually accompanied by tenderness, swelling and inflammation of the testicles. No one is absolutely sure about the cause of PVPS, although some researchers speculate that testicular lumps, like sperm granulomas, cause PVPS. Many men find relief from PVPS only after a vasectomy reversal, while others find medications, nerve blocks and psychiatric treatment to be helpful.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/206755-a-lump-in-the-testicle-after-a-vasectomy/

No thanks I like my balls the way they are

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell

You have NO idea how glad I am that you didn't finish that sentence with.......same taste. :eek3::ghey::biglaugh:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'll have to ask the wife, I'd imagine it would have to taste a little different no? I mean the ingredients changed right? Hahaha.

If this topic spirals to the discussion of differences in the taste and or texture of post vasectomy ejaculate, I am...I am going to be disgusted; but I am sure I will laugh too.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    185001_355031854562527_210300639_n.jpg

Heartless

I get off on the pain.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Marrero, LA
    If this topic spirals to the discussion of differences in the taste and or texture of post vasectomy ejaculate, I am...I am going to be disgusted; but I am sure I will laugh too.
    Currently my wife describes the taste and texture as raw scrambled eggs, with varying saltiness. Also, she makes a face. Hahaha. Update to follow.

Top Bottom