I just got a vasectomy. Any questions or comments?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Double up. That's why you get a main canopy AND a reserve.

I just chose to date a girl who has had a hysterectomy and who consented to bloodwork. Problem solved. However, not all women have had that devilbox exorcised, and I am considering for the future.

That said, doubling up has been shown to not provide any increase in protection, as the condoms can slide against each other and are actually MORE likely to develop a breech, per the studies we were told about in highschool, FWIW.

You know how much thought I put into analyzing everything else? I'm flippant about that, compared to my devotion to preserving my life and limb regarding STD's/Spawn.

http://www.health.arizona.edu/health_topics/sexual_health/usingtwocondoms.htm

Last edited:

Jessica9

@--->---------------
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    River Ridge
    I don't think I could trust a guy that said "it's ok, I had a vasectomy." I would need medical records to prove it. Plus it won't stop STDs.

Heartless

I get off on the pain.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Marrero, LA
    Knowing plenty of people who have had them fail, I'll pass. One of my good friends had one fail and it's put a fear of them in me about that.

I'm not sure if it was user error or what, but I used to break them all them time, I mean never at the wrong time, but in the middle of the deed they would just break, I would simply strap on another and carry on, but girls used to get so nervous.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Knowing plenty of people who have had them fail, I'll pass. One of my good friends had one fail and it's put a fear of them in me about that.

I just chose to date a girl who has had a hysterectomy and who consented to bloodwork. Problem solved. However, not all women have had that devilbox exorcised, and I am considering for the future.

That said, doubling up has been shown to not provide any increase in protection, as the condoms can slide against each other and are actually MORE likely to develop a breech, per the studies we were told about in highschool, FWIW.

You know how much thought I put into analyzing everything else? I'm flippant about that, compared to my devotion to preserving my life and limb regarding STD's/Spawn.

http://www.health.arizona.edu/health_topics/sexual_health/usingtwocondoms.htm

Boy, if I had the balls to tell you guys a story! :rofl:

Heartless

I get off on the pain.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Marrero, LA
    I don't think I could trust a guy that said "it's ok, I had a vasectomy." I would need medical records to prove it. Plus it won't stop STDs.

Further, you're still fertile for about six weeks. As for the STD, I think it's more for people in monogamous relationships.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport

+1

I didn't trust the girl who said she had a hysterectomy, either. I looked for supporting evidence beyond just the scars. People just say stuff.

However, condoms don't do so well at preventing STD's, either, except for HEP/HIV, which have very VERY low transmission rates, anyway. The main issues is HPV (little/no protection---get your Guardasil series), and HSVI and II (only 60% effective). Estimates show that 1/4-5 women have HSVI/II, and roughly 1/5-9 men. 90% do not know they are carriers. Bloodwork. IGG antibody screening. Etc.

I really need to leave this thread before my OCD takes off.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I'm not sure if it was user error or what, but I used to break them all them time, I mean never at the wrong time, but in the middle of the deed they would just break, I would simply strap on another and carry on, but girls used to get so nervous.

Happens if you don't use lube, or she doesn't provide it. Condoms dry out crazy bad I have found sometimes. Lube. Buy it and use it. People I know who do, RARELY if ever break them.

The guy it failed on--he said he looked at it as he threw it away (hell, I did the same thing before I flushed them, just a cursory glance or two to see that the reservoir is in tact) and he never once noticed one that was compromised to the naked eye. Must have been a small imperfection/lesion in the condom.

I questioned him extensively, as I was the guy who cleaned that issue up, and wanted to know WHY the failure occurred. He says he always put it on before doing ANYTHING, not one of those "okay I'm close throw 'er on!" type deals.

The only thing I can think of is a product flaw, or a slight tear during usage, or sabotage.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    yea, but how do you know your partner is being monogamous? lotsa cheaters these days. :(

This is why semi-open relationships are good. There is no reason to lie, so people don't, at least, in my experience. I stopped trying to actually DATE chics when I was 21. It's too much hassle and all that mess, and I don't have any weird jealousy issues or anything to prove, so why not?

Jessica9

@--->---------------
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    River Ridge
    This is why semi-open relationships are good. There is no reason to lie, so people don't, at least, in my experience. I stopped trying to actually DATE chics when I was 21. It's too much hassle and all that mess, and I don't have any weird jealousy issues or anything to prove, so why not?

I have never been a "hook up" kind of person. Open relationships to me would feel trashy. Just my personal thoughts on the matter, and not judging. I guess I am just old fashioned. I like romance and girly things. The warm and fuzzies... sometimes being that way sucks though. But, that's me and how I am.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington

Condoms only fail if the person using them fails or cheaps out on dollar general condoms.

I better duck out of this thread... My g/f's dad posts here :noes:

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I have never been a "hook up" kind of person. Open relationships to me would feel trashy. Just my personal thoughts on the matter, and not judging. I guess I am just old fashioned. I like romance and girly things. The warm and fuzzies... sometimes being that way sucks though. But, that's me and how I am.

I'm not judging, either, but warm fuzzies and the like are about like the Easter bunny and other such in my mind. Nice and fun and all that, but I don't believe in them as anything more than passing emotions that some girl has felt for plenty of guys before me, and will feel plenty of times after she's forgotten who I am. I'd rather approach with honesty.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    hi ho hi ho, it's off to work I go. Thanks for the interesting conversation guys. :) See ya.

Ho. Work.

I like that sentence, it has some nice words in it!

I work because I owe, I owe, because Joel and the crew at Noveske and user TDH won't stop taking my money :P

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom